Fix The Offense | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fix The Offense

We absolutely MUST fix this offense. Our defense wasn't good but it wasn't putrid bad either. With a better offense our defense will improve. How many times did the defense produce a turnover on the opponents side of the ball only for the offense to go 3 and out and score no points? This can't continue to happen.

A whopping six more plays, and i'm not even going to respond to the rest of the post because it's just trolling.

6 more plays is huge considering where we have been the past 5 years. On average we are allowing almost a 100 more plays per season. You aren't going to be successful if your offense can't stay on the field. I even brought up the 460 play differential before the season. So it was nice to see us get that somewhat fixed. I never said the play differential was Tannehill fault so down boy. And still waiting for those great games from you.

If Gesicki makes it to round 3-4 I would be happy grabbing him as our seam TE. 6'6" monster target in red zone with speed for mismatches. Also a BBall and Vball player in HS. If he could block he would be a 1st round pick.

If you look at the top defensive teams this past season you will find that they all fell on their faces when faced with playoff offenses.

Minnesota # 1 gives up 38 points to Eagles.
Jacksonville #2 gives up 24 points to Patriots including 2 4th Quarter TD's
Philadelphia #4 gives up 33 points to Patriots
New England #5 gives up 41 points to Eagles.
Pittsburgh #7 gives up 45 points to Jags.

Pretty easy to see that defense doesn't do much for you these days. You have to score points and a lot of them.

In order to fix the offense I do believe the Dolphins need to get to work on the offensive line. I share that goal with everyone who is on the Quenton Nelson train. I just don't believe the #11 overall pick is necessary to do it.

But if you get the offensive line constructed right and then Ryan Tannehill back in the fold, the key to sorting out the offense is just for Adam Gase to finally do what he was supposed to do when he arrived, which is to mix up his personnel and formation usage, call a wide variety of plays designed to utilize everyone's best skills.

He just got caught onto this stagnant and repetitive rut where Jay Ajayi is here for outside zone, the wide receivers are Landry, Stills, and Parker and they never change, we're a Y-Iso offense, etc.

I actually wouldn't mind jettisoning some of the current offensive skill position players and going with a broader approach that focused on rotations, skill sets, changing personnel week to week according to what will work best against the upcoming defense.

But to do that you have to have a core unit of OL-QB that works.

6 more plays is huge considering where we have been the past 5 years. On average we are allowing almost a 100 more plays per season. You aren't going to be successful if your offense can't stay on the field. I even brought up the 460 play differential before the season. So it was nice to see us get that somewhat fixed. I never said the play differential was Tannehill fault so down boy. And still waiting for those great games from you.
average out those six plays over 16 games, and we have a whopping half play more per game.
Oh and back to the great game crap. I never brought up tanny having a great game that was your a-- that brought that up. I was talking about foles and you got pissy.

average out those six plays over 16 games, and we have a whopping half play more per game.
Oh and back to the great game crap. I never brought up tanny having a great game that was your a-- that brought that up. I was talking about foles and you got pissy.

Last year we ran 912 offensive plays and faced 1088 defensive plays, this year we ran 995 offensive plays and faced 989 defensive plays.

It's a hell of lot more than 1/2 a play a a game. Last year we faced 11 more defensive plays per game than we ran on offense. This year it was pretty close to even. 11 extra plays per game the opponents never got this year. That is a huge difference.

You said Foles didn't play a great game in SB LII. I called you on it. You never responded because you know you are wrong. Diminishing other QB's accomplishments doesn't make our QB better. But that seems to be your end game.

Oh I see you're combining the two years. I thought things were done on a yearly basis.
And you called me out on what, that I said that foles played a good game. ( that's where you got pissy) and said something to the effect, about tanny and his great games. I never have said tanny has played great games in this thread or any thread, so I don't know where your coming from on that.

There is no combining. It a comparison of last season and this. Nevermind....

In 2017 there were 32,436 plays from scrimmage. If you divide that by 32 teams you come up with 1013 plays from scrimmage as the average.

So in 2017 our defense was actually better than the average defense by only allowing 989 plays. The offense was below that average by only running 995

That is about the only way you can decipher the chicken - egg argument over who is causing the issue with TOP.

Offence aint the problem. Our Defense was awful last year and needs a fix. IMO Its safe to get Nelson at 11 but after that. Go heavy on defence. In FA get a RB. Chubb is injury prone. Tired of drafting guys like that.

Back
Top Bottom