Flores catches Dolphins in a lie? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores catches Dolphins in a lie?

Dolphins said there was no NDA. Flores produced the NDA documents (according to Florio).

NOTE: Sorry if I missed if this was already posted. Don’t see it.

I'm always fascinated by the subtleties of speech. Take the following . . .
"Flores told Bryant Gumbel that the three-year head coach left a “lot” of money on the table by declining to sign a document that would have “silenced” him. The Dolphins issued a statement specifically denying that team owner Stephen Ross presented Flores with a non-disclosure agreement and spoke to Flores about it."
Flores "declined to sign" the NDA. Mia denies Ross "presented Flores" with an NDA and "talked to Flores about it." That sounds like Ross/Flores talked about an NDA but Flo was never technically "presented" with the NDA. I don't have the NDA Flo claims he was given, so I can't tell who is right. The little I know, I don't understand what difference that makes, depending on the limitations of the NDA. FWIW, the only NDA I signed prohibited certain disclosures by my employer OR me. If this is the case in the NFL, does that mean Mia can disclose what they want?

I'm always fascinated by the subtleties of speech. Take the following . . .
"Flores told Bryant Gumbel that the three-year head coach left a “lot” of money on the table by declining to sign a document that would have “silenced” him. The Dolphins issued a statement specifically denying that team owner Stephen Ross presented Flores with a non-disclosure agreement and spoke to Flores about it."
Flores "declined to sign" the NDA. Mia denies Ross "presented Flores" with an NDA and "talked to Flores about it." That sounds like Ross/Flores talked about an NDA but Flo was never technically "presented" with the NDA. I don't have the NDA Flo claims he was given, so I can't tell who is right. The little I know, I don't understand what difference that makes, depending on the limitations of the NDA. FWIW, the only NDA I signed prohibited certain disclosures by my employer OR me. If this is the case in the NFL, does that mean Mia can disclose what they want?
The issue is that Flores and his counsil make it sound like Ross personally presented the NDA to Flores as some kind of pressure to shut him up. Reality is, its a standard procedure and Ross never even had a word with Flores about it. As dumb as it may sound, I believe Flores might genuinely think that since its the first time he ever gets fired in the NFL, and as far as I know, his lawyers have never dealt with issues like this. Its entirely possible Flores and his team thought they had something big when its actually standard NFL procedures. They're ****ing clowns on a sinking ship.

Its basically the first time Flores gets fired in the NFL... Clown though the NDA was some kind of pressure when its basically standard procedure... Clown proceeds to accuse Ross of pressuring him to sign that contract. It really looks like clown is surrounded by clowns tbh....
Yeah. Just take a cursory look at the documents. This is a completely standard form. The email was completely standard. He didn't want to sign it, he left money on the table, he is free to speak out accordingly. It really isn't that big of a deal. This is all part of a severance agreement.

First paragraph linked by his attorney's is a non-disparagement agreement. All that says is that once you leave (according to the report the duration is 2 years) you are not allowed to speak negatively about the Miami Dolphins publicly. The second linked page is a statement that the severance package exhausts his legal remedies. By accepting the severance money, he does not have the right to bring suit against the Dolphins for any money they owed him on the contract.

The letter from the Dolphins have stated that by failure to sign the Separation Agreement he has forfeited any money he would have received under the severance agreement.

Now as far as the allegation that Ross presented him with an NDA for millions and he declined it so he can speak about what happened. I would not describe what his lawyer's linked as an NDA. That's a severance agreement with a section on non-disparagement and an agreement not to pursue additional monetary remedies against the Dolphins.

I know legalese. The way Flores is describing the NDA makes it seem like there was separate consideration for it. I.e., for signing the NDA he would be offered millions of dollars. Instead, it is just a standard form with a clause about non-disparagement. There is a difference between the two IMO.

Edit: Re-reading this I think I would like to clarify what I'm saying. Ultimately, I'm just saying there is a distinction between a Non-disclosure agreement and a non-disparagement clause in a severance agreement.

Last edited:
The biggest problem with all this is. People have no knowledge about any of this are spreading this as gospel and the truth. Even the title of the thread is Flores caught fins in a lie?... the thread should be titled, Flores accuses dolphins of something unrelated to a lie he is telling.

Heres what happened...IMO...Flo received his seperation papers. He was still pissed off about getting fired. He told some ambulance chasers to look them over before he signed. Larry and Moe said "oh dont sign this, lets go to Ross, tell him we are going to say all this bullshit and i bet you get more than that. He's a billionaire, he will want you to shut up" The lawyers contact Ross attorneys and Ross says "nope aint happening, do you want me to give him more shot to sign this, elsewhise we will not release the contract owed per terms of initial binding agreement." once again he Flo gets bad advice from his lawyers telling him that he is going to be richer than he ever dreamed if he doesnt sign this agreement.

If he has an issue he needs to be like X Howard...."Oh i didnt know what i was signing when i signed my contract"

But yeah biggest problem is, threads being titled like this, because we do have some stupid ass posters that are going to take that as the truth, you have media like Omar who tweet the ****, then in comments when being blasted, admit that he may be wrong....but only post it in the comments, not retract the post or correct himself on his timeline. Stupid ****s are why this is such a big issue and the stupid ****s that take those guys words as gospel

Yeah. Just take a cursory look at the documents. This is a completely standard form. The email was completely standard. He didn't want to sign it, he left money on the table, he is free to speak out accordingly. It really isn't that big of a deal. This is all part of a severance agreement.

First paragraph linked by his attorney's is a non-disparagement agreement. All that says is that once you leave (according to the report the duration is 2 years) you are not allowed to speak negatively about the Miami Dolphins publicly. The second linked page is a statement that the severance package exhausts his legal remedies. By accepting the severance money, he does not have the right to bring suit against the Dolphins for any money they owed him on the contract.

The letter from the Dolphins have stated that by failure to sign the Separation Agreement he has forfeited any money he would have received under the severance agreement.

Now as far as the allegation that Ross presented him with an NDA for millions and he declined it so he can speak about what happened. I would not describe what his lawyer's linked as an NDA. That's a severance agreement with a section on non-disparagement and an agreement not to pursue additional monetary remedies against the Dolphins.

I know legalese. The way Flores is describing the NDA makes it seem like there was separate consideration for it. I.e., for signing the NDA he would be offered millions of dollars. Instead, it is just a standard form with a clause about non-disparagement. There is a difference between the two IMO.

Edit: Re-reading this I think I would like to clarify what I'm saying. Ultimately, I'm just saying there is a distinction between a Non-disclosure agreement and a non-disparagement clause in a severance agreement.

Interestingly, none of this says Miami dolphins, Flores, Ross, Grier or anything to even prove this is nothing more than a random document from any business. It probably is but this is not evidence of that.

The issue is that Flores and his counsil make it sound like Ross personally presented the NDA to Flores as some kind of pressure to shut him up. Reality is, its a standard procedure and Ross never even had a word with Flores about it. As dumb as it may sound, I believe Flores might genuinely think that since its the first time he ever gets fired in the NFL, and as far as I know, his lawyers have never dealt with issues like this. Its entirely possible Flores and his team thought they had something big when its actually standard NFL procedures. They're ****ing clowns on a sinking ship.

Wonder how far down those NDAs go. OC and DC? LB coach? Asst LB coach? In any case, I'm sure had an agent/rep/attorney look over all documents before signing or refusing to sign.

I am so tired of the national media's opinion of how well of a job Flores did in Miami. They keep harping on the fact that he had a winning record in back-to-back seasons - so he was obviously fired for reasons unrelated to performance. Someone should ask whoever states this ..."so, if they had fired him after a 1-7 start, meaning he'd been 16-24 in 2 1/2 seasons, would they have been justified then?". Or, let's suppose instead of the easiest stretch in the history of the NFL against backup QBs, they had a normal schedule and went 5-4 down the stretch instead of 8-1, finishing at 6-11, or even 7-10, would they have been justified then?

The national media spends 5 minutes looking at the Dolphins and forms an opinion. Real Dolphin fans know that he was a fantastic defensive coordinator but had plenty of warts in terms of building an offense and coaching staff. Why doesn't anyone ever point this out when the talking heads claim how great of a track record he had?

I am so tired of the national media's opinion of how well of a job Flores did in Miami. They keep harping on the fact that he had a winning record in back-to-back seasons - so he was obviously fired for reasons unrelated to performance. Someone should ask whoever states this ..."so, if they had fired him after a 1-7 start, meaning he'd been 16-24 in 2 1/2 seasons, would they have been justified then?". Or, let's suppose instead of the easiest stretch in the history of the NFL against backup QBs, they had a normal schedule and went 5-4 down the stretch instead of 8-1, finishing at 6-11, or even 7-10, would they have been justified then?

The national media spends 5 minutes looking at the Dolphins and forms an opinion. Real Dolphin fans know that he was a fantastic defensive coordinator but had plenty of warts in terms of building an offense and coaching staff. Why doesn't anyone ever point this out when the talking heads claim how great of a track record he had?
He only had two winning seasons because thr NFL added a game this year

Because the national sports media is a buch of short sighted, self absorbed, hacks

p.s. I miss Keith O. & Dan P. doing Sports Center

Back
Top Bottom