Florida @ Auburn | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Florida @ Auburn

cnc66 said:
I can understand your nausea, but the stronger Meeeeshigan is up until they lose to OSU, would make ND have a stronger BCS number?

Yeah, this is true. It still hurts inside though :D

nick1 said:
my question to Gator fans is this, do you bench Leak for Tebow now? Leak cost you this game with that INT and he's never been able to handle pressure
No. One bad decision is not cause for benching; it only works on message boards :rolleyes:
Tebow has been great, but has also benifited from being able to come in spot roles. It's a whole different story when you have to carry the load.

Oboy said:
That is what I saw. I know we have been screwed by that same call for other teams ... it was only like 2 years ago... trying to remember the game... Only difference in that game was it was not the call that changed the game.

Even still, Leak and the Punter lost that game for the gators.

If the punter just lands on the ball he could not handle, the defense has a chance. Auburn's O never scored a TD...

Just a bummer of a game.
I was so sure the call would be over turned, that I walked away to use the facilities. Let's just say that I lost my cool a bit when I returned. Two crap plays... that's all you need to lose a road game against a top SEC team.

The only positive about this is that this is about the only kind of loss UF can withstand and still be alive for the BCS championship game. They'll still need other teams to lose, but it's not over.

I still want to know what happened to the running game in the 2nd half :mad:

Got this from another message board (it's a Gators board)
First, I am not surprised we lost and give credit to Auburn for a good game, never giving up and playing hard.

I live in Florence (AL), hence FlorAlaGator. Lived here since 1970.

Al Ford is known to be well connected with Auburn. Several of his close relatives are Auburn graduates. Among Bama fans, he is known to be such an Auburn homer that I've heard some of them attempted to have him banned from ever officiating future Alabama - Auburn games. He retired from active officiating a couple years back, but was lured by the SEC head office to take a replay official spot.

When I heard him referenced as the replay official, I knew he would not reverse the call, regardless. His almost instant decision, as opposed to most replay decisions, was a dead giveaway to me that he was putting his Auburn interest ahead of fairness.
From what I hear, the replay took 1 minute and 4 seconds... a bit fast?
It's also being said that this guy, Al Ford, is the ref that Spurrier asked the SEC to make sure he never officiated another UF game.

I can't confirm any of this, but it's being backed up by several people.

finswin56 said:
Got this from another message board (it's a Gators board)

From what I hear, the replay took 1 minute and 4 seconds... a bit fast?
It's also being said that this guy, Al Ford, is the ref that Spurrier asked the SEC to make sure he never officiated another UF game.

I can't confirm any of this, but it's being backed up by several people.

:fire:

Back
Top Bottom