Football -vs- Soccer discussion | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Football -vs- Soccer discussion

djfresh47 said:
Does it? Or does it talk about how countries take it too far? The White Sox may favorite MLB team had two guys attack and umpire; yet I see it as something pathetic done by fans.

What does your "Does it?" refer to in my post?

djfresh47 said:
That it is much more difficult to play american football because they can't afford the equipment.

Which means poop...

djfresh47 said:
So you're a fan of the constant flopping? I love hockey and most people in the USA have no interest; but they have cut down on flopping for penalties. One of my favorite players Derrick Roy of the Sabres is known as a flopper but atleast it kinda looks like he gets hit. What's wrong with criticizing the "world's game," you tell me you like it that a guy gets carried off on a stretcher and comes back 2 minutes later? Really does that add to the game?

No I don't but let me ask you this? Have you ever played Soccer, and not just with friends, like in a competitive league?

djfresh47 said:
Is that because your a soccer fan or that you've lost all objectivity? Football players act hurt also but I do not see them being carried off of stretchers unless it's career threatening. I respect that you're a soccer fan but if you tell me that when I see guys getting carried of stretchers and coming back into the game a minute later it doesn't take away from the game. When Carson Palmer got hurt vs Pitt in the playoff game did anybody not think it was serious? When I see soccer players get hurt allegedly and come back into the game a minute later am I suppose to think it is serious? It's the world's sports but if you think diving and acting like you've been shot is the way to try to get American fans you're mistaken.

What about Wille McGinest a couple seasons ago against the Colts??? Faking an injury so NE could get a free Timeout and could get the right personnel in for the Goal line stands....

Prime Time said:
No I don't but let me ask you this? Have you ever played Soccer, and not just with friends, like in a competitive league?

No but I don't see how playing soccer has anything to do with the entertainment. The world likes it but America doesn't.

Prime Time said:
What about Wille McGinest a couple seasons ago against the Colts??? Faking an injury so NE could get a free Timeout and could get the right personnel in for the Goal line stands....

I did say that football players act hurt but it is not nearly as much as soccer players.

djfresh47 said:
No but I don't see how playing soccer has anything to do with the entertainment. The world likes it but America doesn't.

I would think that most american do like soccer just as much as other sports. Just they dont follow the US team. Since this country is based on immigrants soccer probably has a big following for other national teams such as mexico, italy, england just to name of few.

Back
Top Bottom