For now, it's Fiedler | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For now, it's Fiedler

PhinPhreak said:
Damn Shelf who is that in your sig, that just isn't right, Women shouldn't be allowed to look taht good. :eek:

It's women like that where I count my blessing everyday that I live in the good old USA!!! :patriot: :usa: :troops:

Well, I remember a few years ago, when some guy by the name of Huard was "winning" the training camp/mini camp duels and we know who ended up with the ball on starting day. I think that unless AJ falls completely on his face, we will see him as the starter in Sept....

Justasportsfan said:
Wasn't a former probowler like Griese enough to give fiedler determination? It's no different from last year. If he beats out Feely, I still think he'll be back to his inconsistent self.

Different situation. Griese was named as the backup from Day One, and consequently, Fiedler never really had "The Fear of God" in him. This year, it's a different story.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, but early indications are a healthy Fiedler might actually be worth the $$$ we shelled out.

I'm tired of Jay's inconsistancy as well, but bottom line is I want the best QB to start. If that's Jay, then that's just the way it is. We just finished the first 3 days of minicamp here; there's a long way to go before a starter is named.

If Fiedler is the starter I just would like to see what he can do with a FULL HEALTHY season for once!

SmokeyPhinz said:
:eek: The number 1 reason 50% of people divorce in the US. That girl is poison!!!

If that's poison then I'll drink a tub full!!! :goof:

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Eagles fan, I can assure you AJ is a game time player. I have seen him in minicamp with the birds and he looked poor @ times. When Preseason came around he look much better than detmer. When there is pressure he will deliver. The decision will be made after the preseason. I'm sure you guys will like AJ in live training. The main thing I loved about AJ was he holds a lot a faith in the WRs. He lets them make the play.

The impatience by the PHANS might be clouding some judgement. Feeley needs time to adjust/learn our system. Let him perfect his reads/options in camp and practice. I think the smart money is on JF winning the initial camp battle. HOWEVER, JF will basically serve as a mentor to AJF. AJF still needs someone he can learn from and ask advice. Eventually, when/if JF gets injured/banged up, AJF will have his chance to ease into the starting line up.
Remember what NYJ did with Pennington. They groomed him for 3 years. When he finally did emerge... you see the results. I'd rather have JF starting the first 5/6 games THEN letting AJF come in and steer the ship from that point forward. But, AT LEAST give AJF time to SEE our system work in a game. He can learn from JF's mistakes. Then, when there is less pressure on him AND he has a winning record to cushion his learning curve, let him start. You might even try to let him play a few "mop up" quarters to further help him loosen up.
We PHANS are forgetting that by shoving him into the spotlight immediately, we are placing more unnecessary pressure on him. We are SAYING he has to win.... he has to beat out Fiedler. What if he is the guy, but just not ready?
Don't ruin his acquisition by throwing him to the wolves just to get rid of JF. Let him start when he's ready, not when we're ready.

Feely has to beat Fiedler by a mile or Wanny is gonna annoint his boy if it's even close.

Jay will start, hopefully when he gets injured AJ won't choke like the last lame excuses for bakup QBs we've had have done (Griese and Lucas)

Back
Top Bottom