for the last time... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

for the last time...

dnespins

Active Roster
Reaction score
is there anyone at this point who still thinks jay fiedler can get the job done?

(tds are combined passing and rushing / turnovers are combined ints and fumbles)

15 td 16 to

24 td 25 to

17 td 12 to

14 td 20 to

total
70 touchdowns 73 turnovers
(59 passing tds 55 ints)

Jay Fiedler could never get the job done and will never be able to get the job done. He does have a knack for f*****g things up though.

for the last time, he's HAD time in the past,and STILL manages to miss our receivers in the open field. Over, under, behind, etc. A weak arm, with bad accuracy doesn't warrant a starting job, i'm sorry. So last year you say he didn't have a line....over all, I'd tend to agree, yet he had solid play for a few games from the line after he took over for Griese, and he STILL botched his chances, not to mention the last 3 years, including the year when Ricky led the NFL if rushing yards. Bet we didn't have a line that year either....

!PapaCrunk! said:
Wasn't all of this discussed in detail in the old Jay Fiedler Section??

yeah probably but i just found this place recently, been on other boards though and it seems like no matter where there are still people that love jay and think he's the man. namely, wannstedt. but since this seems like the most educated dolphins forum ive been too, i just wanted to see if there's anyone that still thinks we have a snow ball's chance in hell with fiedler at qb

Sure, we have a chance with Fiedler at the helm. He's not a great QB, but he's certainly average to above average. This team has won games with him in the past, which are all credited to the team, but he's played better than everyone they've brought in to compete with him so far. Remember when Lucas was the savior QB who would outplay Fiedler from day one? How about Griese?

I'll root for anyone who lines up and takes the snaps for the team, but JF gets a lot more abuse than he possibly deserves.

dnespins said:
70 touchdowns 73 turnovers
(59 passing tds 55 ints)

You know what? I'm sick of this statistical argument. Dan Marino had the stats. Where the hell are the rings from his era? I don't want a good QB by the numbers -- I want a good QB in terms of wins, losses, and championships. Jay isn't the ideal, but he does at least give us the first two of those three. I hope that Feeley shows enough potential to suggest he can give us all 3, but I'm all for keeping JF in there if not. Who available is better? Tommy Maddox? Kerry Collins? I think not. :rolleyes:

Jimmy James said:
You know what? I'm sick of this statistical argument. Dan Marino had the stats. Where the hell are the rings from his era?
dan never had a ricky williams and did better without than jay does with an mvp caliber running back

dnespins said:
dan never had a ricky williams and did better without than jay does with an mvp caliber running back

Do you seriously think that we could afford Ricky much less much of our defense if we had a guy making Peyton Manning cash? If we're comparing apples to apples, let's compare apples to apples...

Im a big Fiedler supporter and I think in the right situation he could help a team win. Realistically Fiedler never belonged in Miami, he shouldve been in a west coast system. All his skills basically define a west coast QB. Put him in San Fran or Oakland and I think hes just as good as Garcia or Gannon, if not better. Is he to blame for alot of Miamis losses, yes. But hes also been responsible for alot of great wins. Hes never had even a decent o-line in Miami and hes had a "great" defense that has consistently choked when counted on. IMO if you want to get rid of Fiedler, you should also want to get rid of Madison, Thomas, T-Bo, Surtain, and any other defensive "super star" that everybody loves so much in Miami thats been on the team during our embarrassing seasons the last few seasons. Fiedler is a leader with balls and you can never have to many of those kind of players in a lockerroom.

AHHHH YAAAAAAAWWWWWWNNNNNNN! Same tired argument. let it drop wait til camp and preseason til start of teh B*tch and moan. We are not going to sign another qb so I hope the answer to either is yes other wise it will be another depressing year.

I'm not a Fiedler supporter, but I used to be. Nor am I a Fiedler hater, but I used to be. Now I'm somewhere in between... and my opinion right now is, Feidler must be an above average QB, he led our team to winning records with basically no offensive line and 1 competent WR. I hope Feeley wins the starting job just for the sake of change. But if Fiedler is our QB this year, I really believe he will do well IF our oline performs like I think they can.

The one determining factor the last 4 years with the Dolphins has been the O-line. In Dave's first year, we had a very good offensive line (Webb, Dixon, Ruddy, Donnalley, and Wade). That year was Wade, Ruddy, and Dixon's best years as Pros. We went into the 2nd round of the playoffs with a new QB, and a young defense.

Since then, our O-line has been very up and down. Also, our division has gotten better. The Jets had a decent team a few years ago and, of course, we all know what the Patsies have been up to.

A great O-line makes Ricky a better runner, takes pressure of our defense, and sets up the play-action pass. Jay will do well in that type of situation, he will never do well without a quality O-line. I still hope Feeley becomes a great starter for us, but if we're stuck with Jay he will be OK if our line is OK.

Kerry Collins is far better than Jay Fiedler. Collins is probably the most accurate downfield passer in the league. He throws a great deep ball. If you put Kerry Collins in the Dolphins offense, you would have a poor man's Troy Aikman. I believe that Collins is a top 10 NFL quarterback, and you better believe that Norv Turner is going to be making a major push to get him in Oakland so he can dump that noodle arm Rich Gannon.

Back
Top Bottom