for the last time... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

for the last time...

Does any guy not named "Fiedler" get bonus points with some of you? Calling Collins a better passer is ludicrous. Explain the differential in QB rating that is in Fiedler's favor. Explain the positive TD/INT number for Fiedler compared to the negative one for Collins. Explain how one guy with a terrible line last year took his team to 4-12 and the other took his to 10-6.

I really want to hear how this works out...

Rick's job is to find players with great potential. Dave and his assistants' job is to help players' develop their potential. Feeley has the POTENTIAL to be a great player, but he needs the coaching and game experience to get there. He is strong enough, has shown decent accuracy in the past, and seems to have leadership qualities.

If you want to be a great coach and take your team to the Super Bowl, you've got to be bold and take some chances. Everyone thought Belly was crazy when he replaced the 100 million dollar Bledsoe with 6th round draft pick, Tom Brady. Now, what does everyone think?

Wanny's got to be bold and play to win, not just play it safe and hope he wins. Coaches usually go as far as their quarterbacks take them. I hope we give Feeley every chance to succeed. He can't become great by sitting on the bench.

Jimmy James said:
Does any guy not named "Fiedler" get bonus points with some of you? Calling Collins a better passer is ludicrous. Explain the differential in QB rating that is in Fiedler's favor. Explain the positive TD/INT number for Fiedler compared to the negative one for Collins. Explain how one guy with a terrible line last year took his team to 4-12 and the other took his to 10-6.

I really want to hear how this works out...

While I do think Kerry Collins does have a better arm than any QB on our team, I think some people on this site just like anyone that isn't Jay Fiedler. I'm sure that there are a few people that would take Ryan Leaf over Fiedler on these boards. :rolleyes2

See, I can relate to better arm. If they can perfect some sort of process that gives us Fiedler with a Collins arm, I'm all for it. Until then, I don't see how having a guy who is the other half of the QB we ideally want helps us any more than having the half we already have.

Personally, I think Jay is a slightly above average quarterback. He is not good enough to consistently win games on his own, but it is hard to argue the fact that he has almost single-handedly won some games himself (anyone remember, for example, the 2001 game in Buffalo? Or how about the home game against Carolina that year, with swirling winds and Lamar Smith getting stuffed at the line, Jay threw for almost 300 yards, if I remember correctly). Jay's biggest problems are a lack of consistency, and a lack of superior athletic ability, and he has been able to make up for those with heart and determination on the field to win a lot of games the last four years. Has the defense won a lot of games for him? Sure. Has he lost some games for the team? Yes. Regardless of how much the defense helps him or whatever, you simply do not suck if you are at the helm of as many wins as Jay has been. I'm not a "Fiedler Hugger", nor am I a hater. I'm just pretty sure that we've seen the best Jay brings to the table. He's a quarterback good enough to get the Dolphins to 10-11 wins, and into the play-offs, but I don't think he's good enough to go all the way. Personally, I would love to see A.J. light it up this summer and take over in the fall, because obviously the team would improve. But if we're stuck with Jay at quarterback, we could do worse. I'm just hoping that A.J. proves to be better, thus making the whole team better.

I think I feel pretty much exactly the same way. If AJ wins, it can only mean that we're going to get better QB play. If he doesn't, then it means that we're not going to go through some sort of painful 1-15 bloodbath due to having nothing at QB.

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Another boring, tired, unoriginal thread about Jay Fiedler not getting it done.

enigmatics said:
Another boring, tired, unoriginal thread about Jay Fiedler not getting it done.

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Another boring, tired, unoriginal post complaining about threads about Jay Fiedler not getting it done.

:rolleyes: :tongue:

Jimmy James said:
:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Another boring, tired, unoriginal post complaining about threads about Jay Fiedler not getting it done.

:rolleyes: :tongue:

Touche...............but in my defense I used 4 sleeping icons, which hasn't been done before............

You actually used 6, but I couldn't get that to work because of some sort of limit on the number you can use. :D

I thought maybe you'd post something critical of my post, but it's better that you didn't. We could go on for pages adding the words "complaining about" to what each other said.

Jimmy James said:
See, I can relate to better arm. If they can perfect some sort of process that gives us Fiedler with a Collins arm, I'm all for it. Until then, I don't see how having a guy who is the other half of the QB we ideally want helps us any more than having the half we already have.

What?

j/k. Very Good Point!

There is one thing and really only ONE thing I really have to say about this debate...

Fiedler has had 3 years to get a chemistry with Chambers and he STILL CAN NOT hit him in-stride for a deep pass. THAT is UNEXCUSEABLE in my mind.

Kerry Collins better than Jay Fiedler statistically (TD/TO).....

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Kerry Collins drops back... FUMBLE
Kerry Collins under center... FUMBLE
Kerry Collins hands off to Tiki Barber.... FUMBLE
Kerry Collins back to pass... INT
Kerry Collins holding his own jockstrap... FUMBLE

from ESPN...

Kerry Collins career (TD/INT) 132/134 rating 73.1
Jay Fiedler career (TD/INT) 61/58 rating 78.1

YEA BABY... Collins is one COOL DUDE :cooldude:

He's MUCH better than Fiedler.... :shakeno:

Maybe Jay should drink more!