Former Dolphin Davone Bess arrested after standoff with SWAT | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Former Dolphin Davone Bess arrested after standoff with SWAT

Omar claims he is bipolar: https://twitter.com/omarkelly/status/745308060248379392

If so, it's odd that he managed it so well for most of his career here, unless it manifested itself later in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People with bipolar often think they're 'cured' when their medication works. They might think it goes away then they stop taking the medication and it can come back full steam.

This is my back yard. Had no idea bess was my "neighbor".

I heard a poop load of sirens from my house around that time. When my wife came home from work she told me there was some kind of big cop action happening by san tan when she got off of the 202 freeway.

Dang. Maybe i could have talked him down. Naahhhh.

He is an obvious bi polar. Manic episodes of being WAAAY up and then WAAAY down are the signs. Many types of bi polar. He is having psycotic episodes. Sounds like bi polar skitzophrenia. It can be completely controled with meds but unfortunately, as common with his disorder, when they take their meds, they feel great and normal. But then, because they feel normal, they go off their meds and baaaaaad things happen. I hope he gets it straightened out. If he doesnt, he and/or someone else is going to pay a huge price.

Get well Davone!
We love you.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Very sad, seemed like a very well adjusted and good guy when he was with Miami, but since Cleveland, his life has gone down hill... hope the best for him

One of my favorite former dolphins. He clearly has mental health issues and wish he'd get the help he needs. Sad what has happened to him

Thanks....wondered why it wasn't here. Not sure why that one would have gotten moved -- would think that Dolphins fans are the ones that would be interested.

Thanks....wondered why it wasn't here. Not sure why that one would have gotten moved -- would think that Dolphins fans are the ones that would be interested.

Not sure why either. Bess is out of the NFL and essentially a lifelong Dolphin. Do Jason Taylor threads get moved to the General NFL forum?

I don't remember/recall if Davone Bess had any concussions? Anyone can refresh my memory? All I know is that he wasn't afraid like some (Hartline, Wallace) to make the tough catches in the middle.

CTE has just as much to do with sub-concussive blows as it does concussive blows.

Skapephin said:
Is it possible that this is CTE related? Seems like he has been having delusions or some level of psychosis. Seems young for CTE though.

Chris Henry had it and he was 26.

Not saying he does or doesn't, only that it's not impossible.

Really hate it for him. But hope that he can get his life straightened out. As wonder if he has a mental illness like bipolar disorder?

I hope and pray that this kid gets all the help he needs. He had a very rough up bringing and overcame a lot to make it to the NFL. Needless to say he was very productive player for the Dolphins. I think it would be a good thing if the organization extend a hand to help him a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom