4. Dan Fouts
5. Warren Moon
6. Joe Theismann
7. Boomer Esiason
8. Phil Simms
9. Randall Cunningham
10. Bernie Kosar

Ok, everybody bash the list. lol

looks good to me, Kellyb did most of his damage in the 90s, so his absence is understandable. #1 is right

Well, I was unfortunate in that I couldnt watch any of these guys play in the 80's, but Im sure the list is completely ****ed up.

and i'm guessing the reason Montana was ranked above Marino was b/c he had that dynasty that kept winning those dang superbowls!

good list....

*EDIT - bernie kosar was one of the top ten of the 80's?????*

Good list. You can't argue with Montana's 3 Super Bowl MVP's and 4 Championships.

Kelly didnt start doing his thing until '88, so he better be on the Top 10 of the 90's list.

I would flip-flop Marino and Elways but aside from that the list is good.

But Warren Moon did more in the 90's than the 80's and probably shouldn't be on that list.

That's actually a good list, the only one I would have had different is Elway/Marino.

Jim Kelly would be lucky to make the 90's top ten list.

Although Marino set virtually unbreakable season records in the 80's, Montana deserves to be #1 soley because of his Super Bowl titles.

Gonk said:

Although Marino set virtually unbreakable season records in the 80's, Montana deserves to be #1 soley because of his Super Bowl titles.
"Jim Kelly would be lucky to make the 90's top ten list." one of the dumbest posts I've ever read :shakeno:

Gonzo said:
Montana does deserve it because of the MVP's and Super Bowls. I don't understand why some are saying Elway over Marino in the 80's though. What did he do better? I know nothing stat-wise (except the most career sacks). Marino set most of his records in the 80's. Elway didn't win his SB's until the 90's.

Passing Records

Dan Marino Career Stats (pg14, sorry, quick search)

John Elway Career Stats
John still WENT to multiple Super Bowls in the 80's. Gotta count for something!

MikeO said:
John still WENT to multiple Super Bowls in the 80's. Gotta count for something!

Compared to the dominance Marino held in everything else? I STRONGLY disagree. Dan Marino was the better overall Quarterback of the two. The fact that he had one of the worst defenses ever doesn't change that fact.

I like the top 5 but the bottom 5 is totally f*cked.
Allow me to fix it!
6. Phil Simms
7. Bernie Kosar
8. Joe Theismann
9. Boomer Esiason
10. Randall Cunningham
The list is now perfect!!!11`@2
:woot:

Gonk said:
:huh: Puff, puff.... pass. Put down the crack pipe.

My NINETIES list:

1) Aikman - 3 Super Bowl wins
2) Elway - 2 Super Bowl Wins
3) Young - 1 Super Bowl win, all heart
4) Favre - 1 Super Bowl win
5) Kelly - we know, we know. :fire:
6) Marino - you know.
7) Brunell - Gave Jags respectability
8) Bledsoe - Gave Pats respectability, Super Bowl appearance
9) Testaverde - did a lot for the Jets near the end of the decade
10) Moon - Pure passer who never could get far in the playoffs

This list was tough. It was hard to even find respectable QB's to put on the list. The only other one I could even find somewhat worthy was Jim Harrbaugh.

Feel free to trash this list or add Qb's I couldnt think of.

BTW, that list accounts for 7 of the 10 Super Bowl winners... the other three were Jeff Hostetler :shakeno: , Mark Rypien :shakeno: and Kurt Warner :shakeno: . Warner obviously only played one year in the decade.

Back
Top Bottom