Franchise Bush? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Franchise Bush?

He's going to be 28 next year I would give him another 2 year deal no more than that though.

I would like to re-sign him but I would hope 7-8mil is at least for a two year deal not for one!

That would be more better. :) Friends and I were talking about this, and could not decide if it might be a good idea. We're all big Canes fans and love Miller but, do not want to lose anyone who can make some plays for our team. Here's a few questions we had.

IF we cannot re-sign Bush to a good shot term deal, are we comfortable with Miller and Thomas for next year? DT has disappointed so far, and don't see better options than Bush.

IF it came down to a choice of spending the money for Long, or Smith, or Hartline, or Starks, would all four be better options than franchising Bush if that was the only way to keep him?

There's no way of knowing who will actually be available in FA. Depending on how things shake out with FA's tags, and possible trades, we could have money with no one to spend it on. Bush is someone who can put some points on the board. Would that change your thinking or, would you still let him go?

There is a reason why we pass on every 3rd and short. Bush is TERRIBLE as a every down back. He is at best a 3rd down back. He has a negative DVOA, negative VOA, has negative Eyards, and is ranked as the 33rd back in the league. He is fairly good when we don't need him. Has a good track record when we are blowing teams out, but when games are close he is horrible. Miller has higher numbers in every single category.

Bush is the ultimate Madden/video back, but in real life he is not the kind of back that wins games. He is the exact opposite of Rice, who plays his best when games matter. Bush is a loser and always will be, and will make the teams he plays for either cut him loose or go down with him.

wth? Bush is a large part of the blow outs we had this season . You make no sense.

I don't hate Bush but 7mil? You've gotta be kidding. Bush will always have 2 or 3 very good games every year. Enough to make people think he's worth more than he is. Why pay him so much when Miller is bigger, faster and cheaper and won't kill drives with negative runs like Bush does with all his dancing around? Again, if he wants to stay for 3 or 4 mill a year then fine but that's as far as we should go. Yes we need playmakers but I believe that Miller will be as much a playmaker but without the negative yards. 7 million? use that money to get a guy like Wallace. I'd rather have Wallace and Miller than Bush and Miller and no top WR.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom