Free Agency Plan with realistic Contract numbers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agency Plan with realistic Contract numbers

MiamiNative0722

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Jake long 4 yrs 36 = 9 /yr
Sean smith 4 yrs 30 = 7.5/yr
Randy starks 4 yrs 32 = 8/yr
Greg Jennings 4 yrs 30 = 7.5/yr
Kenny Phillips 2 yrs 10 = 5/yr
Jermichael Finley 2 yrs 8 = 4/yr
Matt Moore 2 yrs 4 = 2/yr
Tony McDaniel 1 yr 1 mil
Quentin groves 1 yr 1 mil
Rocky mcintosh 1 yr 1 mil
Dmitri Patterson 1 yr 1 mil

= 46 mil/2013
- bonuses
= 35 mil/2013
Cap room: 47
=12
Roughly 10 mil to sign rookies
2 mil margin of error

Ive been discussing this plan with friends and this appears to be the most reasonable scenario we've come up with. We would go into the draft still needing a top wideout to go opposite Jennings and a top DB opposite Smith. we would resolve the OT issue but we would still have to fix both gaurd spots. Thoughts?

I'd rather let Long walk. Sorry. his body is breaking down and he isn't the player he used to be.

Let Martin man that side and get another RT either through FA or the draft. You'll save a good few million there.

I'd rather let Long walk. Sorry. his body is breaking down and he isn't the player he used to be.

Let Martin man that side and get another RT either through FA or the draft. You'll save a good few million there.

i honestly don't like the free agent tackles except obviously Vollmer but he would cost just as much. I would agree with you only if we can medically prove that Long can't go back to his original form. If he goes back to the way he was two years ago then that contract is actually a steal.

i honestly don't like the free agent tackles except obviously Vollmer but he would cost just as much. I would agree with you only if we can medically prove that Long can't go back to his original form. If he goes back to the way he was two years ago then that contract is actually a steal.

Oh I agree, if he can get back to form, but it seems like its an every year thing with him now and this season he seemed to have lost a step...or two.

I didnt even really see much difference when Martin was in there to be honest so unless he's going to take a team friendly deal like Soliai, I wouldn't keep him around.

It's kind of like when the Pats let go of Damien Woody a while back. Granted Woody was a guard, but still.

Oh I agree, if he can get back to form, but it seems like its an every year thing with him now and this season he seemed to have lost a step...or two.

I didnt even really see much difference when Martin was in there to be honest so unless he's going to take a team friendly deal like Soliai, I wouldn't keep him around.

It's kind of like when the Pats let go of Damien Woody a while back. Granted Woody was a guard, but still.

What would be your plan to do with the money of Jake Long? I purposely let Hartline walk because I want to draft Keenan Allwn. If we sign both Jennings and Hartline we won't draft a receiver.

If we do leave the other wideout for the draft, we would still have to fix OT OG and DB. We could bring back Reggie. I would prefer Long over Reggie, especially because I think Miller and Thomas can handle it.

Tony McDaniels is probably not going to take that much of a pay cut, but he might considering his role and production was limited this year.

The Randy Starks contract is a bit high, I realistically expect him to get about $6mil/year and I don't think Matt Moore resigns with us.

Also, we need to lock up Reshad Jones with an extension this year, too.

Tony McDaniels is probably not going to take that much of a pay cut, but he might considering his role and production was limited this year.

The Randy Starks contract is a bit high, I realistically expect him to get about $6mil/year and I don't think Matt Moore resigns with us.

Also, we need to lock up Reshad Jones with an extension this year, too.

I think minimum 6.5 but even 6.5 would be great. Dude is a great player for us. These numbers I think are just realistic contracts at face value, but theres other factors ie comfort in miami, comfort with the organization that might be able to bring them back for cheaper, which would be great. But I think these values represent what their market is.

Not to be a pain but I count $47 million with what you have

Am I missing Hartline,Clemons, Fasano, and Garner?

Thigpen was one of the best punt and kick returners and will have to be signed

Do you resign Marlon Moore because he's been very good as a special teams player?

plus we still need to sign or replace 20 other players that will be UFA/RFA
THIS MIGHT ADD AT LEAST $15 MILLION+ TO YOUR scenario

Patterson is signed for 2 more years at $5.6 million in 2013 and $6.4 million in 2014
doubt he plays for $1 million a season

McDaniel made $4 million this past season and I serious doubt he'd play for 1 million
when he would get more somewhere else

I seriously doubt you get Jennings for $7.5 mill

Sorry but I don't see how the numbers would play out as you have them

FA:
Resign: Bush $6, Hartline $4.5, Fasano $2-3, Thigpen and other small resignings $5

Let Walk: Long, Smith, Starks, Matt Moore,

Cut: Richard Marshall, Patterson

Restructure: Dansby

Extend: Reshad Jones

Sign: Goldson $8, Wallace ($9) or Jennings ($7), Cox or Grimes $7,

Draft ($7 million for draft class). That would total roughly $48-$49 million in signings out of our available $49 million. With cutting Patterson and Marshall and rolling over the extra cap space this year, we would have $60 million in cap space. Still leaving $6-8 million in available money (Go out and grab Adam Livitre or fill some holes). All those who nominate me to be GM?

1. Dion Jordan DE
2A. Zach Ertz TE
2B. David Amerson CB
3A. Kenny Stills WR
3B. Arthur Brown or Gerald Hodges LB
4. Best RT or RG available
5.-7. BPA

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to be a pain but I count $47 million with what you have

Am I missing Hartline,Clemons, Fasano, and Garner?

Thigpen was one of the best punt and kick returners and will have to be signed

Do you resign Marlon Moore because he's been very good as a special teams player?

plus we still need to sign or replace 20 other players that will be UFA/RFA
THIS MIGHT ADD AT LEAST $15 MILLION+ TO YOUR scenario

Patterson is signed for 2 more years at $5.6 million in 2013 and $6.4 million in 2014
doubt he plays for $1 million a season

McDaniel made $4 million this past season and I serious doubt he'd play for 1 million
when he would get more somewhere else

I seriously doubt you get Jennings for $7.5 mill

Sorry but I don't see how the numbers would play out as you have them

on the 47, I think your right actually.

We dont bring back Clemons because we sign Phillips under that plan. We dont bring back Hartline because we draft Keenan Allen or another receiver. We dont bring back Fasano because we bring in Finley.

I don't bring back Marlon Moore, we'll be fine with Mathews. Plus someone in the draft will be a good special teamer.

of our 20 FA's, 11 would be solved under this plan, and 8 or so would be draft picks. we would have room for one more.

Cut Patterson and bring him back at that price, Thigpen is under contract. we lose spitler but keep freeny

I think Mcdaniel or another near serviceable player can be had for that money because it is a pretty limited role. That contract he had was overpaid. I think we can get Jennings for that money, going to Miami to a coach and system that he is fond of.

FA:
Resign: Bush $5, Hartline $4.5

Cut: Richard Marshall, Patterson

Restructure: Dansby

Extend: Reshad Jones

Sign: Goldson $7, Wallace ($9) or Jennings ($7), Cox or Grimes, Finely ($4)

Draft
1. Dion Jordan DE
2A. Zach Ertz TE
2B. David Amerson CB
3A. Kenny Stills WR
3B. Arthur Brown or Gerald Hodges LB
4. Best RT or RG available
5.-7. BPA

Why did u edit out that first paragraph? lol thats a pretty decent plan except I'd prefer to groom a number 1 receiver out of the draft, and with Philbin I think we will do that.

Why did u edit out that first paragraph? lol thats a pretty decent plan.

Felt a little too much, what I put below pretty much summed it up haha...and yes, it's totally possible they take a chance of Woods in the 2nd round to groom him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom