Free Agent WRs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Free Agent WRs

Asicswrg85

Active Roster
Reaction score
So everyone has been commenting about acquiring Anquan Boldin, something that I do not think is going to happen so instead I decided to list some of the free agent WRs for this coming year.

1) Roy Williams, UFA, Detroit Lions
2)
Lee Evans, UFA, Buffalo Bills
3)
Bobby Engram, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
4)
T.J. Houshmandzadeh, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
5)
Desmond Clark, UFA, Chicago Bears
6)
Devery Henderson, UFA, New Orleans Saints
7) Amani Toomer, UFA, New York Giants

Do you think that we have a chance at getting any of these guys? Obviously I doubt Williams, Evans, or Houshmandzadeh is an options, but what about any of the others? Do any of the others seem worth adding?

1) Roy Williams, UFA, Detroit Lions- We can only hope
2) Lee Evans, UFA, Buffalo Bills- Would be a nice pick-up, hope we get him
3) Bobby Engram, UFA, Seattle Seahawks- Um don't know much about him, must be better then any of the recievers(excluding Ginn, maybe Bess) as we only have 1-2 decent ones right now.
4) T.J. Houshmandzadeh, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals- If this happens I would have tears of joy. Would be awesome, awesome pick up.
5) Desmond Clark, UFA, Chicago Bears- Don't know
6) Devery Henderson, UFA, New Orleans Saints- Don't know
7) Amani Toomer, UFA, New York Giants- Getting older, but could be good veteran leadership?

I don't think Houshmandzadeh wants to play for Cincy after this year...maybe we'd have a shot.

What does next year's draft class look like at the WR position?

I don't think Houshmandzadeh wants to play for Cincy after this year...maybe we'd have a shot.

What does next year's draft class look like at the WR position?

That Crabtree kid from Texas Tech.

Nuff' said.

If Millen is still there, I'd say we actually have a shot at Williams...

Williams, Evans, and Housh will never make it to free agency. Henderson is basically another Ted Ginn so I see no need to sign him. The others are all old and unlikely to be signed. We will probably look to the draft for WRs.

Williams, Evans, and Housh will never make it to free agency. Henderson is basically another Ted Ginn so I see no need to sign him. The others are all old and unlikely to be signed. We will probably look to the draft for WRs.
Never underestimate Millen's ineptitude.

Never underestimate Millen's ineptitude.

I know what you're saying but if theres one position where Millen is infatuated, it's at WR. He's spent a lot of first round picks trying to get the receiving combo he finally has. It would be hard for even Millen to screw this up.

I know what you're saying but if theres one position where Millen is infatuated, it's at WR. He's spent a lot of first round picks trying to get the receiving combo he finally has. It would be hard for even Millen to screw this up.
Was kidding. Well, not about the ineptitude part. I honestly don't see this regime spending a ton o' cash on a FA WR. I could see them drafting one in the second round though and bringing in some lesser known FA's.

As for Crabtree, I may be wrong, but IMO the guy has bust written all over him. I'm just too wary of that system.

Was kidding. Well, not about the ineptitude part. I honestly don't see this regime spending a ton o' cash on a FA WR. I could see them drafting one in the second round though and bringing in some lesser known FA's.

As for Crabtree, I may be wrong, but IMO the guy has bust written all over him. I'm just too wary of that system.

If a guy like Roy Williams hit free agency, I think even Parcells would be willing to throw truckloads of money at him. That is if he can get past the fact that Williams is an injury waiting to happen.

So everyone has been commenting about acquiring Anquan Boldin, something that I do not think is going to happen so instead I decided to list some of the free agent WRs for this coming year.

1) Roy Williams, UFA, Detroit Lions
2)
Lee Evans, UFA, Buffalo Bills
3)
Bobby Engram, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
4)
T.J. Houshmandzadeh, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
5)
Desmond Clark, UFA, Chicago Bears
6)
Devery Henderson, UFA, New Orleans Saints
7) Amani Toomer, UFA, New York Giants

Do you think that we have a chance at getting any of these guys? Obviously I doubt Williams, Evans, or Houshmandzadeh is an options, but what about any of the others? Do any of the others seem worth adding?

Roy Williams is someone I think Parcells will go after if he hits free agency(millen's a moron).
Lee evans is already resigned.
bobby engram is like 35 and amani toomer if i am not mistaken is just as old.
Devery Henderson is not a #1

I would hate to spend a first in a WR. I hope they do go after Roy Williams and draft a linebacker(rey mauluga).

Back
Top Bottom