Freeman likely to be signed | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Freeman likely to be signed

Freeman is over the hill, big time. He will not be any sort of replacement for Boston.

I'm reluctant about Freeman. He was great in Green Bay when he was in his prime but he's old now and I keep thinking Chris Carter in a Dolphins uniform....not good.

2 things to consider with this would be Sullivan would have say in this unlike Carter that wasn't even a full year out of the game.
The year we signed Carter if you ask me it was a ****y move thinkin' it was good enough to make a difference.Freeman if in shape can be extremely effective just because he don't let anything through his hands which as a 3rd down receiver or a possession receiver his only real job would be to get the first down.
I dont know if he'll burn anybody down field but neither does Rice or Mcardell.
They just use positioning and setups to free their routes which Freeman is capable of doing.

I say get him!!!!

"Madison for McCardle" I think your in the wrong forum. Below is the link to the forum you really wanted. "

forums.theganggreen.com

dolfanrodney said:
Big Mistake, I am telling you, we would get much more and be much more feared with Keenan Mcardell over Freeman

I totally agree! I hope Freeman flunks the physical. I like Keenan better than any others right now.

fairbanksb said:
No way Freeman can replace Boston. Just go with the receivers we have. If we are going with running back by committee, we can do the same with receivers. One of them could surprise.

Yes but maybe this shows that the FO has no confidence in the young WRs to start for the long haul, on the other hand they seem to have that confidence in Minor and the rest of the RBs.

My question is, why not go after both Freeman and McCardell??

touborg said:
You know what? I think this whole deal might turn out allright afterall. DB gets a break to lick his wounds, and we get a reciever that AJ really likes.
Nice Optimism.....but Freeman is not the receiver he was five years ago, he might be able to contribute but he won't be the dominant type force Boston would have been.

nighttrain76 said:
pick up Freeman for the min...trade Madison for Mcardell...we can pull this off people!!!

Let me say this for what seems like the 50th time: we can't trade Madison. Whatever you think about his skills, the cap hit makes it nearly impossible to do. The only way it could happen is if someone was dumb enough to offer us some sort of superstar player for Madison that would make it worth cutting a bunch of contracts to accommodate him.

For example, if Indy offered us Marvin Harrison for Madison, we'd probably find a way to make it work. Keenan McCardell? Not so much.

Hellion said:
Yes but maybe this shows that the FO has no confidence in the young WRs to start for the long haul, on the other hand they seem to have that confidence in Minor and the rest of the RBs.

Whether or not they believe in our WRs... I for one believe it's hard to gauge anyone's ability when they never see the field on game day. How many players in the NFL have been given the name of "practice" players. DT is a prime example.
Well, maybe we also have the OPPOSITE on our team. We might have some guys who don't practice well... but light it up when the fans are in the stands. I think this is a great year to find out what we have in our depth. I think we should think about spreading the field with 3 or 4 WRs and let them play. And I also think we should mix it up with Minor, Morris, Russell, Henry and anyone else we can put on the field.

I say... GIVE THEM ALL A CHANCE. We might already have the answers!

PUT ME IN COACH!

Ogun

Furthermore... with all this extra cap space this year... we should play youth and then FRONT LOAD Ogun's deal so that we absorb the hit now while we can and don't have to worry so much in the future when we need to sign our other big stars.
This year could be blessing. We get a Mulligan on the cap with Ogun and Chambers AND we get to see what we have in our depth chart.
I for one would gladly cheer on our scrubs... just to see what we have.

It would be a great chance for Rick to truely analyze our needs for next year's draft.

I'm with Rodney 100% on this one. My first choice would be to get both but if it's just one go for Keenan.

Back
Top Bottom