From recaps of the Feely games. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

From recaps of the Feely games.

Ross

Trouble Shooter
Reaction score
VS Rams. (W)

“Feeley didn't get much help from his receivers. Cecil Martin and Antonio Freeman dropped early throws, and Brian Westbrook dropped a long pass early in the second quarter. Freeman dropped one in the third quarter, and James Thrash couldn't hang onto another in the fourth. And Feeley had a 24-yard TD pass to Thrash nullified by a penalty on left tackle Tra Thomas.†14/30 – 181 yards. Zero TD’s and Int’s…

VS Seattle (W)

“A.J. Feeley was good enough at quarterback, and the Philadelphia defense turned in another solid effort. Duce Staley ran for 100 yards and Feeley, the third-stringer, threw for 190 yards and two touchdowns as the Eagles intercepted Matt Hasselbeck three times to beat the Seattle Seahawks 27-20.†21/35 –190 yards. 2 TD’s. 1 Int

VS Redskins.(W)

“Feeley, who was 16 of 28 for 220 yards, then put things away with a 6-yard TD pass to Antonio Freeman that made it 31-7 with 1:55 left in the third quarter before two late scores by Washington.†16/28 220 –yards 2 TD’s 1 Int.

VS Dallas (W)

“Feeley threw a 14-yard touchdown pass to Todd Pinkston to stretch the lead in the second quarter, then he mounted an 84-yard, 12-play drive to set up a 32-yard field goal by David Akers just before halftime.†19/33 253 yards 1 TD 2 Int’s

VS NY Giants (L)

“The Eagles won the toss in overtime and took the ball. On the third play, A.J. Feeley's pass was tipped and intercepted by Williams at the Giants 37 with 13:43 left.†13/25 –150 yards 0 TD’s 1 INT.
--------

It looks pretty good. Except that it looks like he’ll give up an INT a game…

--Ross

Boston and Chambers are also lightyears better than anything he had to throw to in Philly. Those Philly receivers get zero separation, which results in questionable passes and INTs. Separation is not a problem for Chambers and Boston.

Those Philly receivers with cement hands.Never seen such a bunch of dropsie duds in recent history.Or was it that AJs passes were hard to catch?.Dont think so.

His receivers really did suck. I've seen every one of those games in the past month. And it was as if the ball was 400 degrees.

samurai zach said:
Those are some good clips. You see more highlight throws from Feeley in two games than you'll typically see from Fiedler over the course of a season. He does a real good job of throwing 20+ yard balls where only the recievers can catch it - and catch it easily. He also seems to have good poise in the pocket.

Remember folks...this is only five games, and in a backup role no less...

Given the opportunity this summer, he can only get better...it looks like he has a solid foundation, and our pass-catchers (all of them, not just Chambers/Boston) will certainly help his cause...

I, for one, am extremely optimistic...

Was surprised to see AJ sprinting out and completing passes.Had a nice touch on those long passes and screens.

However I saw the ball been stripped and several sacks where he was too slow to get the ball off. (We saw plenty of that last year)

Also I am surprised that he was replaced as starter when Detmer was healthy again.
(Guess he was third string after all the disclaimers to the contrary.

Also I am surprised that he was replaced as starter when Detmer was healthy again.

False. Koy Detmer was healthy enough to play during the final two games. He was replaced when Donovan McNabb was healthy enough to play.

ckparrothead said:
False. Koy Detmer was healthy enough to play during the final two games. He was replaced when Donovan McNabb was healthy enough to play.
My mistake .I was reading down the list .Now I realize the dates were listed last game first.i.e week 13 before week 12 :eek: .

Yeah its ok. I watched all five games on tape and I do believe for the last two of them the announcers were discussing how Koy Detmer was actually healthy enough to play...but the Eagles were comfortable resting their playoff hopes on 2nd year 5th rounder AJ Feeley instead of seasoned veteran and perennial backup Koy Detmer, who had been on the Eagles and started for them before Donovan McNabb arrived in town.

This is why I scoff when people say that Feeley never "beat" Koy Detmer. He did. The only question mark to me is in 2003 when AJ was listed as the emergency QB in the playoffs, during a fourth quarter Donovan went down for a few plays, and Koy went in instead of AJ. I personally believe this was more politics than anything else, I mean the Eagles got similar results when Koy was in the game in 2002 as they did when AJ was in so lets not kid ourselves its not like AJ completely blew Koy away or anything, but according to the emergency QB rule AJ could have gone in and taken those snaps and Donovan would still have been able to come back in the game, because it was the 4th quarter...but like I said, only a few snaps, and politics.

The fact still remains that AJ Feeley was given the heads up during the 2003 season that if McNabb went down for any period of time (more than just during a game, ie multiple games) it would have been Feeley who went in, not Detmer...and that comes straight from AJ's mouth.

I'm curious what all the Feidler fans have to say about those videos.

My guess is they won't chime in in this topic.

Did you guys see his poise, his patience, and his ability to get the ball downfield. Wow!

We may see more sacks with AJ behind center but the passing TD's will double those of last year.... if he plays as well as he did in his first couple NFL games!

See, Detmer is the holder so if Feeley gets into the game , Detmer can not enter the game by rule. So that´s why Detmer got in.

Back
Top Bottom