From the UK to watch us play the Jets Oct 22 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

From the UK to watch us play the Jets Oct 22

Yes we are over for a family holiday to Disney.. a wedding gift.. but while there my wife wanted to me to fulfill my dream of finally (after being a Miami fan pre Marino era) of getting to a home game there..and so we are renting and driving down..
Have you ever been to Disney before? We live less than 10 minutes from there and have annual passes. If you haven't been before, go to Epcot and see the band at the UK. They rock man. It's the best in all of Epcot imo if you like British rock. Soarin is a close 2nd

Ozzy rules!!

We've been a couple of times from Orlando while holidaying at Disney from the UK, and yes use the turnpike its like 1 long road down there. Most the time the Sunpass is activated in your hire car, think they take CC details when you take car out and if you do use sunpass they charge it to your card, much easier as you can just drive right through no stopping.
Set off early and get there and soak in the atmosphere as its nothing like the London games (if you've been to them)
Its like driving from Manchester to London each way so be prepared and have fun :)

I'm flying down from NJ for this one, section 333. Hopefully we can score more than 10 points.....

Have you ever been to Disney before? We live less than 10 minutes from there and have annual passes. If you haven't been before, go to Epcot and see the band at the UK. They rock man. It's the best in all of Epcot imo if you like British rock. Soarin is a close 2nd

Ozzy rules!!

I have never even been to America let alone Disney Danny..
We will be leaving Orlando early and so will definitely be looking forward to the tailgate.. and I am sure we will do better than we did in Wk. 3
Thanks for the tip on Epcot.. will look out for those..

I have tickets in 346 and 347. 347 is basically like 345. Home side 30/40 yard line (depending where your seats are). Excellent seats.

If you have a rental car tell them to enable the sunpass. Most rental car companies have that option. You can get your own at any Publix grocery store. But you don't have to. The Turnpike is also "toll-by-plate". You can use the Sunpass lanes and then your rental car company is billed and they take it from your CC on file. The latter is the most expensive option though since there will be some administrative fees as well.

Parking will be easy (though depends when you are arriving). The Turnpike goes right into the stadium parking lot. I will update the directions in the tailgate thread sometimes this week.
If you want the full experience join us at our tailgate. But you should arrive early which means an early departure from Orlando. Depending on how fast you drive and traffic you should expect to drive 3 to 3 1/2 hours.

Hi we are going to use the turnpike all the way down and have paid for stadium parking so all good there.. we are planning on leaving Orlando about 6am but no later that 7am.. so hope to make it down by 10-10:30am at the latest. Would be great to soak up the atmosphere of the tailgate.. we really have nothing like it in the UK.. people usually get drunk and start fights at the local bar.. idiots..

My advice is to give yourself plenty of time to get to the stadium from Orlando - it is a very long drive (230+ miles i.e. 370+ km and you are not used to driving at speed in the US and this can be quite tiring). In fact I think that you should seriously consider heading down from Orlando the night before and stay the night in Miami.
Tailgating is a lot of fun and you will be surprised how popular it is, but you can also get good food when you are inside the stadium - lots of options.
My other advice is to check out the restaurants and nightlife around Lincoln Rd in Miami Beach, when you're in Miami - stylish and classy. Best wishes for a great time, a big Dolphins win (and a big game from our resident Brit, Jay Ajayi).

Last edited:
win or lose you will have a blast, this will be my second dolphins game in Miami, my first was actually week 7 2015 when we CRUSHED the texans, ill be wearing the same tecmo bowl shirt for good luck haha. I cant wait to see the canopy and all the new bells and whistles.

Back
Top Bottom