FSU WR, Kelvin Benjamin enters draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FSU WR, Kelvin Benjamin enters draft

Ruckus45

Club Member
Reaction score
I'm going to say that I'm really pleased with our WR group now and don't expect to see any changes next year. With that said, Benjamin might still be a good draft prospect for us. I can't imagine him going first round by the time the draft hits and taking him in the 2nd round plus could give us a kid with a huge upside especially if we land Kubiak at OC. Just my $.02- curious to see what others think.

i have some issues with his game...but i need to look more to see if his game is as finesse as i see it vs tighter coverage

6 ft 5 230 lb guy who doesn't use his hands much to discard or play very physical...needs to use his hands more..

sure if you give him the inside quickly and let him go get it at the highest point in the red he will beat you but really i see a guy that right now beats you primarily all with size...

i'd like to know how long he's been playing football...if new to the game makes sense i guess...but damn use that body and that size to your advantage and wreck people...

definitely the most physically gifted of all the big body wrs in the class...if he had mike evans physicality he'd be murder...if he learns it watch out...

Last edited by a moderator:
Of the big WRs this year I like Mike Evans better, but Benjamin is really good. I was surprised how well Auburn played him, just 5 catches, against mostly match up man to man.

Of the big WRs this year I like Mike Evans better, but Benjamin is really good. I was surprised how well Auburn played him, just 5 catches, against mostly match up man to man.
The ones he did make were nice. :clapping:

I talked about Benjamin earlier this year because it's obvious that he was a good prospect. He's probably #4 or #5 for me in the WR class this year. That's how deep it is, because I think Benjamin is a very good prospect.

I agree with Hoops about not showing a lot of physicality on tape, but I think that's because he didn't *need to*. He was open, or Jameis put the ball where Benjamin just had to jump up and get it. What Benjamin *had to do*, I liked a lot.

I would rather have a Big TE type. Benjamin would potentially have a tough time in this offense year 1.

We need some biggy though. Would rather have Seferian-Jenkins or even Fedorowizc. i cant spell his name.

KB is a stud. Hes got to improve in a few areas, so its all going to depend on how good he wants to be. But hes got serious phyiscal skills. He will be a first round pick. Especially after he turns in a 4.4 40 at the combine.

I love Benjamin and his upside is incredible IMO. The Dolphins need to add a big receiver like him to the offense to really balance out the wr core. I also think Benjamin could be used in a similar role as a tight end at times, meaning Miami could get Hartline, Wallace, Gibson and Benjamin all on the field at the same time.

i see an awful lot of off coverage just giving away the inside...will be interesting to see what he runs...if he's a legit low 4.4 at that size wow...just plays imo a very finesse game...more the game of a smooth smaller guy...i don't really see an overly long stride either and i like that unlike some of those other big guys...most of em have what i call gather speed instead of quick acceleration...

upside is much better than mike evans...who imo physically is a finished product pretty much...and has no long speed at least he doesn't play very fast

I like Benjamin but like some others have said he plays a little soft for me. He's a 1st rounder probably...but theres no way I could put him above Evans, Watkins, or Lee personally. And I would rather have Amaro or Ebron as well.

Another TE to look at is the Nikklas kid out of ND. They pump out quality TEs every year it seems and that kid is going to be a solid pro.

i see an awful lot of off coverage just giving away the inside...will be interesting to see what he runs...if he's a legit low 4.4 at that size wow...just plays imo a very finesse game...more the game of a smooth smaller guy...i don't really see an overly long stride either and i like that unlike some of those other big guys...most of em have what i call gather speed instead of quick acceleration...

upside is much better than mike evans...who imo physically is a finished product pretty much...and has no long speed at least he doesn't play very fast

I agree, he does play some of a finesse game, but only at the LOS. He is physical when the ball is in the air, sometimes to phyiscal(a lot of OFF PIs), and very physical after the catch.

I agree, he does play some of a finesse game, but only at the LOS. He is physical when the ball is in the air, sometimes to phyiscal(a lot of OFF PIs), and very physical after the catch.
and in the running game.

Back
Top Bottom