Full dolphins report in yahoo sports: Detailed! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Full dolphins report in yahoo sports: Detailed!

Thats exactly right. you picked a guy who locks down a position with no questions asked and get another pick to get more guys to lock down spots.

Anyone who trades up though is going higher than us in this draft. In fact, dont be surprised if we go up and take Fisher!

Yes. I think the only two players that would be possibilities to trade up for for the Fins would be Millner or Fisher. I personally would not like to see us trade up..especially to take another offensive lineman

JI can sign his departure if he selects an O lineman in the 1st round. The booing Cam Cameron received for the Ginn family selection will be nothing compared to the response Ireland gets for an O lineman this year. And this could easily happen. JI is still a product of the Parcells school of drafting - rule #1) When in doubt on any draft pick go cornfed O lineman.

Words cannot express how much rage I would feel if this happened

You do not need an all pro left tackle to be successful in this league, in fact I would argue that Guards are becoming more important in offenses today then the tackles. If we go with another number one o-linemen then yea we get him cheap for the first couple seasons and then we are looking at giving him a gigantic contract which handcuffs our ability to get and retain skill position players or you let him walk and start the cycle all over again like we are doing with Long this year. Take a couple linemen later in the draft and go after some proven free agents, spread the money you would have spent all on Long, or on Fischer to keep him, on making your entire line better not just one spot.

Say what you will and call me crazy but I would not take Fischer in the 1st round, in fact I would have to be pretty well set at all the skill positions before I even consider taking a linemen in the first round because no matter how important they are to the team, they will never win a game for you. You only have so many opportunities to get that game changing player and your best shot is the first round of the draft each year. We have spent 3 of our past 8 1st round picks on linemen and our team has seen little to no success in that time period and only the most recent selection is still on the team. Of course another reason for this is we are terrible at hitting on anything in the first round. Other than Tannehill (fingers crossed) we have not hit on a first round skill player since 93 OJ Mcduffie. Some may argue Ronnie Brown but I am not one of them.

My offensive line for the next season has Martin LT, Levitre LG, Pouncey C, Jerry RG, Incognito RT. I would be completely comfortable starting Tannehill behind this line as he airs it out to all the new weapons we drafted him. Draft a tackle late to eventually replace Incog.

My offensive line for the next season has Martin LT, Levitre LG, Pouncey C, Jerry RG, Incognito RT. I would be completely comfortable starting Tannehill behind this line as he airs it out to all the new weapons we drafted him. Draft a tackle late to eventually replace Incog.

I really like your idea for our line next year. I would switch Incog and Jerry though.

Excellent read, but his perception of the offensive line is putrid at best. I didn't see any drop off from Long to Martin. No thanks on the 10M per year

Hopefully the Coaching staff did see it, because if the plan is to go into the season with Martin as the starting LT, we will be picking pretty high again next year.

I agree we can't pay Long 10 mil or more, but Miami needs to make him an offer (whatever their evaluation is that he deserves to make) if he is found to be healthy, if he does not take it, Miami needs to get a Vet O-linemen that can play L-tackle, at least until Martin is ready.

what games were you folks who say there is a tremendous drop off between long & martin watching??? what cause he got bulldozed one play in san fran? the last game of the season the whole line was AWFUL! long was mediocre at best the whole year. no f*****g way in hell i give him a big contract. martin showed a lot of promise at lt. the eric fisher talk at 12 is typical. we'll be picking high if martin is the lt next year is pretty hilarious.

Count me as one of those peasants at the gates with a torch if we take another o-lineman with the #12 pick. Clearly, WRs and CBs can be had aplenty in FA. Where the FA market is thin is at DE. Ireland simply has to be looking at a pass rusher with that 1st round pick.

As for the line, I say give Martin another four months in that weight room to see how he looks with an entire offseason at the LT position - where he was always more comfortable to begin with. The dark horse FA signing of this year could very well not be a TE or WR but instead be Andy Levitre. Richie Incognito went to the Pro Bowl this year at LG and everyone (including Incognito himself) says he's even better at RG. Richie has been a pleasant surprise in the ZB scheme, often pulling and getting to the second level in 2012. Kick Jerry out to RT to compete with Will Yeatman and I'll gamble that one of them will shine in training camp.

Spend all early round picks on TE, WR, DE, CB (and FS if Clemons isn't re-signed). Spend your day 3 picks on reaches like Lattimore or the Honey Badger (if they fall) and depth o-linemen.

Back
Top Bottom