Fullback(s) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fullback(s)

Eckel was Navy's TB, who tore it up. I saw him twice (from the sideline) and against Army his Sr year he ran for 170 something yards. He's a shoulder down power runner, but I don't know about his lead blocking abilities. He reminds me of that guy who tore it up against us (an Ex-Fin & another FB, what was his name again, oh yeah, Heath Evans). I really hope he makes the squad w/Cory. Brown, Booker, Williams, Cory & Eckel could be a force to reckon with.

Good analysis of Eckel! I think it's too early to call on the fullbacks. I'm sorry but even at 35, Schlesinger had the minicamp's best body award. Eckel is not far behind. Both guys looked quick in their movements. Mauia looked slower than Eckel and Schlesinger. But to his defense, he's so short and massive, it's hard for a guy like that to even look quick. The true test will be in pads.
When they start layin' the wood on!!!

Somehow, I think putting Mauia on the practice squad would be a risky move. And that's IF he passes waivers.

i hope we keep eckel and schlesinger. eckel is a top runner and schlesinger is schlesinger, i suppose we will just have to see how that huge mammoth can play and if he has the speed to play for us at full back with that size.

one for the gipper?

If the trend holds true of Cam & Randy dumping those of questionable character especially if they were acquired by *ick sa*an then it would not surprise me to see Eckel be waived.

I love thought of Mauia leading the way for Brown on the goal line.... just think of it as Ronnie & Reagan in the backfield.

IMO Mauai will eventually end up being a TE this season.... Since he has great hands, blocks very well and has a whole lot of speed..

1st FB sure will be Corey

2 wuld be mauia or Eckel,the competence is very close

but mauia could enventually be TE

Too short for tight end duty (Mauia), but we could keep all three FBs if Ricky doesn't make it past Goodell. Otherwise, I think Eckels goes to practice squad (most likely to not get Claimed).

Back
Top Bottom