Games played: 0 Wand. Posts: 28467 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Games played: 0 Wand. Posts: 28467

marinotoclayton said:
I know it may sound stupid but hey we gave up a 2nd rounder for a 3rd stringer.

I KNOW!!!!

that is the same point i have been trying to discuss w/ blind feeley lovers the entire off season. we gave up a 2nd rounder for a 3rd string qb. not even a stable nfl qb. i think that is the stupidest off season move ever. if it works out for us then i will be proven wrong. but that defy's logic.

(again, i know farve was a 3rd string but there is only one brett farve people. i feel i have to write this everytime i talk about how feeley is a 3rd string qb that shouldnt be automaticly given the starting roll because i know someone out there is just waiting to say "BUT what about brett farve?!?)

There is something to be said about the lack of snaps for Sage. It's like it's etched in stone somewhere that when sage in came into the league he was branded as a #3...

--Ross

musk said:
that is a very good pro-fiedler argument. he does make one hell of a backup. i didnt even think of that. i am sure there will be aprox 87 billion hate posts on this site if fiedler wins the starting roll. did you notice something there? i said
wins meaning that he wasn't just handed the starting roll. feeley has to prove that he is better than fiedler (which hes hasnt yet regardless of training camp reports which in my view are somewhat biased). and people, remind me again how many losing seasons fiedler and wandstat have had together? keeping in mind that the super bowl champions came out of our division 2 of those 4 years.
I was trying to make this point in a round about way. How many wins will we win I wonder without a decent back behind qb. First 2 years we had Lamar 2nd two years we had Ricky. And lamar and Ricky won most of those games for us. Along with the defense. how many games has Jay won for us i wonder.

well, thats why they play the season, to answer those questions. do i think the pressure to perform will be greater on fiedler than any year as a dolphin now that he doesnt have a decent back field? yes. but do i also think that minor will step up to the call and make believers out of us? yes. the problem w/ many people (by what they post) is that they are ready to assume the worst of wandstat and fiedler. they are all ready to say they will not perform and will be the reason we have a losing season.

to be fair, i have had my share of doubts about this season. i have posted here that i think we will go 8-8. but the more i think about it the more i believe wandstat will prepare a good offensive gameplan that will utilize the team's strength's. he isnt an NFL hc for nothing and he hasnt really lead us wrong yet (how many losing seasons?). and as for qb, the best qb will win. if its fiedler or feeley (as long as he WINS the starting job) i'll be happy either way. what i want to see from wandstat (which he did a good job last year) is ending qb controversy as soon as the season starts. no player can perform up to their potential when they know the slightest mistake and he will be yanked.

Sorry Dave got his disrespect the old fashioned way, he earned it. He has taken this team down hill to underachievement four years running.

He can roll fat ones with Ricky as far as I am concerned.

musk said:
well, thats why they play the season, to answer those questions. do i think the pressure to perform will be greater on fiedler than any year as a dolphin now that he doesnt have a decent back field? yes. but do i also think that minor will step up to the call and make believers out of us? yes. the problem w/ many people (by what they post) is that they are ready to assume the worst of wandstat and fiedler. they are all ready to say they will not perform and will be the reason we have a losing season.
And i'll agree I am one of those people to a certain extent. I have seen Wanny alot up here when he was with the bears. he wasn't exactly my first choice to succeed Jimmy. I think he got job more by default more than anything. I thin wayne didn't want to go through a coach searcha nd figured that would be easiest thing to do. And as for Fiedler well we don't need to go into that one.

fin-atic said:
Sorry Dave got his disrespect the old fashioned way, he earned it. He has taken this team down hill to underachievement four years running.

underachieving huh? how many losing seasons have we had? how many superbowl apperences did we have before wandstat? the last i checked wandstat's record is better than that of jimmy johnson's and shula in their last 4 years. but yet we are still under achieving? damn, what dictionary do you use for your definitions? come on buddy, you have to come stronger than that in order to have a good post.

marinotoclayton said:
Why not Jay isn't all that. AJ is a 3rd stringer basically. And Sage hasn't been given any chance. My biggest problem is Wanny brought Fiedler back when he didn't need to. Fiedler was out the door and Wanny opened it back up. To me Fiedler isn't all that good. I would rather have Sage or AJ be it than have Jay.
Not trying to bash or anything here but last time I checked Rick Spielman was over player personel. If I remember right I think they even told Fiedler he could even seek a trade.

If the players are happy with Wanny so am I. Wanny is not out on the Field playing the game. I mean Wanny didn't miss two field goals against NE last year. Wanny didn't get beat on a bomb in OT. Wanny didn't come around the end and strip Griese against Indy. Guys we lost to some good teams last year. The only team we lost to that had a losing record was the Texans. 5 of the losses came to playoff teams and 2 of them should have been wins. We lost 4 of those 5 by 7 points or less with the exception of Tennessee. I also remember NE beating the Texans by a FG in OT. I believe to this day that Craft payed off Dom Capers the Texans had a chance to kick 2 FGs before Ot and punted. We could have easily been 12-4. We lost Ricky now and we are gonna be 4-12 I don't think so, we have got younger and faster on the OL. We brought in D Bo to replace Thompson now he can comfortabley move back to his position where he shined in Wash. 3rd WR. We brought more competetion for Fiedler. We also got younger and faster in the Secondary. I don't see how people are saying this team is not improved. I don't see how everyone can blame all our losses on Wanny either. People say that Jay has been the man and hes Wanny man and everything but they have brought in people to compete. Lucas, Griese, now Feely. Lucas and Griese were busts but at least they have brought in people to compete. As much as I want an upgrade at QB I want the best man to start on opening day.

musk said:
jesusfreak26, great post. you put a lot of detail into your argument and used game examples. i like. does anyone have a rebuttal?
I have no problem if stuff can be backed up I just get sick of people trying to point the finger at one person and make a bunch of excuses. Thanks Musk.

Back
Top Bottom