Games played: 0 Wand. Posts: 28467 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Games played: 0 Wand. Posts: 28467

marinotoclayton said:
You haven't seen anything impressive from Rosenfels because you haven't had much of a chance. Rosenfels looked pretty good to me in preseason last year. And from everything I hear he has strongest arm on team. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Sage start over the other three.

In four years have you seen anything out of Fiedler that makes you want him to be the starter still . Me personally I haven't . I seen him throw a lot of ints. and make bad decisions.

Stoerner did not impress me much when he was at Dallas of course I didn't see him play that much. AJ is still a question mark because Wanny likes Jay.

Personally Jay shouldn't even be here since we gave a 2nd for AJ. Aj should probably be the starter since we gave up so much for him.
But if you ask me or if i was coach i would let Sage run with it this year Especially since Ricky is gone. Why not? But thats ok I personally think he will end up there starting at some point this year anyways because we all know Jay will be out at some point. And Aj is just as big a question mark because he doesn't know the offense as good as Sage may.
I love people like you that think you're smarter than Norv Turner last year, Wanny, Collier, Trestman, Sullivan, Forester, Spielman, etc...

How could you possibly think he deserves to start over Fiedler, who has won as many games as he has, w/o beating him out in some sort of competition?:shakeno: Sage has been a career 3rd stringer and you think he deserves to start.:confused: C'mon, if he was as good as his arm strength indicates do you think the FO would be throwing 2nd rounders around for unproven backups in hope of finding the next Delhomme? They are all competing against eachother and the best player will get the nod.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
I love people like you that think you're smarter than Norv Turner last year, Wanny, Collier, Trestman, Sullivan, Forester, Spielman, etc...

How could you possibly think he deserves to start over Fiedler, who has won as many games as he has, w/o beating him out in some sort of competition?:shakeno: Sage has been a career 3rd stringer and you think he deserves to start.:confused: .
First off I don't think I am smarter than Wanny and co . of course you realize some of this staff is new to us this year. But anyways that isn't the point. Wanny has a thing for Fiedler starting. And why not start him. What makes Aj better than Sage . Fiedler should be a bench warmer. Aj was a benchwarmer. He has all the tools the otherguys do if not more. All I said is I thought Sage deserves as much chance as the other 2. Although I think Aj will be the one. At least he should be since we gave up a 2nd for him.

Anthony3454 said:
Just look at the last four seasons, they justify those posts.

JimsFins4 said it just right. yeah lets look at the past 4 years shall we? playoffs, playoffs, narrowly missed playoffs X2.

Losing seasons in 4 years: 0
Super Bowl in the past 20 Years: 0

so what you are saying is that its wandstat's fault we arent winning the superbowl or winning in the playoffs? because apparently we are winning in the regular season. well then if its wandstat's fault then let it be jimmy johnson's and don shula's as well.

DoLpHiNz34 said:

How could you possibly think he deserves to start over Fiedler, who has won as many games as he has, w/o beating him out in some sort of competition?:shakeno: Sage has been a career 3rd stringer and you think he deserves to start.:confused: C'mon, if he was as good as his arm strength indicates do you think the FO would be throwing 2nd rounders around for unproven backups in hope of finding the next Delhomme? They are all competing against eachother and the best player will get the nod.

absolutly brilliant. i cant believe marinotoclayton would have a 3rd stringer over a starter of 4 years. this is where my disllike for all the "feeley needed to be the starter yesterday" comes from. feeley is a 3rd string qb on the eagles. if he wins the job then by all means go for the gold aj, but just because his name isnt Jay Fiedler and he doesnt wear #9 doesnt justify him being the starter. if jay is the starter come 9/12 its not wandstat's fault, its aj feeley's fault for not being better. so get over it.

musk said:
have you read the wandstat posts recently? i am pretty "chill" w/ respect to those.

if you have a 4th quarter lead and ricky williams in the backfield (who has sufficiently produced throughout the game) i would play it conservative too. especially when you have one of the best defenses in the league.

and i hate to sound like a pesimist but the dolphins will not be playing for the AFC championship game this year not w/ indy, ne, denver, and kc showing signs of repeating their strength of last year and you better believe manning will want to build on last year's horrible performance.

and it sounds to me like you are asking for wand's head as well. especially putting such lofty goals infront of him when he just lost his #1 offensive weapon.

And i got news for you YES we are going to be playing for the AFC championship game. Get that loser talk out of here!!!!

--Ross

marinotoclayton said:
First off I don't think I am smarter than Wanny and co . of course you realize some of this staff is new to us this year. But anyways that isn't the point. Wanny has a thing for Fiedler starting. And why not start him. What makes Aj better than Sage . Fiedler should be a bench warmer. Aj was a benchwarmer. He has all the tools the otherguys do if not more. All I said is I thought Sage deserves as much chance as the other 2. Although I think Aj will be the one. At least he should be since we gave up a 2nd for him.

have you seen sage rosenfeld's college carrer stats? no? well he threw 18 touchdowns and 12 interceptions w/ a 51% completion record for Iowa State. he wasnt even facing stiff competition from big name schools. but hey, he deserves a starting job in the NFL just because his name isnt Jay Fiedler right?

see this is the crap im talking about. I could be QB for the dolphins according to the fans just because my name isnt Jay Fiedler. blind hatred.

Ross said:
And i got news for you YES we are going to be playing for the AFC championship game. Get that loser talk out of here!!!!

--Ross

alright buddy, you talk to payton manning and tom brady. dont get me wrong, id love to see the dolphins in the afc east championship. i think the dolphins winning the superbowl would be the happiest day in my life above getting married and having kids (whenever those things happen). but im being realistic here.

musk said:
absolutly brilliant. i cant believe marinotoclayton would have a 3rd stringer over a starter of 4 years. this is where my disllike for all the "feeley needed to be the starter yesterday" comes from. feeley is a 3rd string qb on the eagles. if he wins the job then by all means go for the gold aj, but just because his name isnt Jay Fiedler and he doesnt wear #9 doesnt justify him being the starter. if jay is the starter come 9/12 its not wandstat's fault, its aj feeley's fault for not being better. so get over it.
Why not Jay isn't all that. AJ is a 3rd stringer basically. And Sage hasn't been given any chance. My biggest problem is Wanny brought Fiedler back when he didn't need to. Fiedler was out the door and Wanny opened it back up. To me Fiedler isn't all that good. I would rather have Sage or AJ be it than have Jay.

musk said:
have you seen sage rosenfeld's college carrer stats? .
Have you seen Jays stats? What was it last year 12 tds 18 or more ints. I don't dislike Jay i am just tired of seeing him in Doplphin uniform.

musk said:
alright buddy, you talk to payton manning and tom brady. dont get me wrong, id love to see the dolphins in the afc east championship. i think the dolphins winning the superbowl would be the happiest day in my life above getting married and having kids (whenever those things happen). but im being realistic here.

To be truly enjoyed, Fandom should transend realistic expectations...

--Ross

marinotoclayton said:
Look I'm not saying Fiedler is the answer either I'm just saying these guys know what there doing like you know what you are doing at work. If Sage hasn't played at all in the last 4 years while they've been slowly trying to oust Fiedler it's his own damn fault and cause he prolly isn't too good. Wanny has been trying to replace Fiedler or bring in competition since Lucas. His thing for playing Fiedler is called winning and in the past 4 years Fiedler has given them the best chance to do win. I disagree with Wanny for not bringing in someone who was clearly better than Fiedler to compete. It's not like Fiedler being the starter is etched in stone somewhere in Dolphins headquarters. You said you wouldn't mind having Sage start not he deserves a chance, which by the way, all 4 QBs have been competing so far and well you know suprisingly Sage isn't blowing the competition away in Davie.

marinotoclayton said:
Why not Jay isn't all that. AJ is a 3rd stringer basically. And Sage hasn't been given any chance. My biggest problem is Wanny brought Fiedler back when he didn't need to. Fiedler was out the door and Wanny opened it back up. To me Fiedler isn't all that good. I would rather have Sage or AJ be it than have Jay.
At first I felt the same way as you why the hell would he bring him back or try. Then I realized that Jay is the best backup in the NFL and if Spielman had enough confidence in AJ to give up a 2nd rounder and let Jay walk then having him stay really shouldn't be controversial at all in theory. Would you rather be in the postion we are now without Ricky and Jay? Feely takes a dump and we win 3 games this year. :D

marinotoclayton said:
Have you seen Jays stats? What was it last year 12 tds 18 or more ints. I don't dislike Jay i am just tired of seeing him in Doplphin uniform.

good point on jay's stats. they do suck i'll admit it. but i never once said jay fiedler was a great qb. he wins games which is more than some ex NFL mvp's can do coughKurtWarnercough.

so you are saying sage should get the start when he had slightly better stats in college against college talent? hell ken dorsey won a national championship and had the most impressive record as a college qb during his tenure and you dont see him starting in san francisco and they are in an obvious rebuilding period.

i respect that you are standing by your argument regardless of how rediculous it sounds.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Look I'm not saying Fiedler is the answer either I'm just saying these guys know what there doing like you know what you are doing at work. If Sage hasn't played at all in the last 4 years while they've been slowly trying to oust Fiedler it's his own damn fault and cause he prolly isn't too good. Wanny has been trying to replace Fiedler or bring in competition since Lucas. His thing for playing Fiedler is called winning and in the past 4 years Fiedler has given them the best chance to do win. I disagree with Wanny for not bringing in someone who was clearly better than Fiedler to compete. It's not like Fiedler being the starter is etched in stone somewhere in Dolphins headquarters. You said you wouldn't mind having Sage start not he deserves a chance, which by the way, all 4 QBs have been competing so far and well you know suprisingly Sage isn't blowing the competition away in Davie.
He probably isn't getting half of the snaps or being with first units either. But from what I have been reading so far at least AJ seems to be hitting .

musk said:
good point on jay's stats. they do suck i'll admit it. but i never once said jay fiedler was a great qb. he wins games which is more than some ex NFL mvp's can do coughKurtWarnercough.

so you are saying sage should get the start when he had slightly better stats in college against college talent? hell ken dorsey won a national championship and had the most impressive record as a college qb during his tenure and you dont see him starting in san francisco and they are in an obvious rebuilding period.

i respect that you are standing by your argument regardless of how rediculous it sounds.
I know it may sound stupid but hey we gave up a 2nd rounder for a 3rd stringer. And Jay seems to get hurt all the time and all the Ints. i figured whats the difference. Who knows maybe all we need is better line play. Which can't be any worse than the last few years.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
At first I felt the same way as you why the hell would he bring him back or try. Then I realized that Jay is the best backup in the NFL and if Spielman had enough confidence in AJ to give up a 2nd rounder and let Jay walk then having him stay really shouldn't be controversial at all in theory. Would you rather be in the postion we are now without Ricky and Jay? Feely takes a dump and we win 3 games this year. :D

that is a very good pro-fiedler argument. he does make one hell of a backup. i didnt even think of that. i am sure there will be aprox 87 billion hate posts on this site if fiedler wins the starting roll. did you notice something there? i said
wins meaning that he wasn't just handed the starting roll. feeley has to prove that he is better than fiedler (which hes hasnt yet regardless of training camp reports which in my view are somewhat biased). and people, remind me again how many losing seasons fiedler and wandstat have had together? keeping in mind that the super bowl champions came out of our division 2 of those 4 years.

Back
Top Bottom