Games we would have won with RT17 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Games we would have won with RT17

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to play with a torn ACL

Following Purdue’s Foster Farms Bowl win Wednesday night, head coach Jeff Brohm revealed that starting quarterback Elijah Sindelar had played the last four games with a torn ACL. A normal, reasonable person would’ve inferred from that revelation that the football program’s medical staff had looked into the situation and determined that playing on the injured knee would not do any additional damage.

Some, however, chose to speculate that this was yet another case of a school putting the football team’s success ahead of a student-athlete’s best interests.

Friday, the student-athlete confirmed that it was indeed his decision to continue playing after consulting with medical professionals and his family.

“It was my decision, our coaches and training staff did everything right,” Sindelar said according to the Journal & Courier. “It was between the doctor, my family and I, once I found out that I couldn’t make it any worse than it was, I decided to play. I couldn’t have any more love and respect for my coaches and training staff.”

Sindelar underwent surgery Friday to repair the damage. He’s expected to miss the whole of spring practice but should return for the start of summer camp next August.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...says-it-was-his-decision-to-play-on-torn-acl/

You're assuming Tannehill also leads us to victories against the Falcons and Patriots, which I'm not so sure of....

You are assuming we lose to the Panthers and Oakland which I am not so sure of.

It’s funny how distance makes the heart grow fonder. The stats of Cutler this year and RT in 2016 are shockingly similar. 2 less ints and 300 more yards over 13 games doesn’t change 5 games. Ryan has his shortcomings this team would have over come as well. Cutler got sacked 9 less times than Ryan and played behind a worse o-line with far less run support. Everyone has built Ryan up to a god, but he is really just marginally better. His great season that has given everyone so much hope he went 8-5, and had 1 win against a better than .500 team. In that 8-5 season he needed a miracle Pick 6, a list minute kick off return, an amazing stop on the 1 yard line, and a kicker to miss a last second FG, to prevent him from being 4-9. Our offense with Ryan that year lead the NFL in 3 and outs, and our offense had the fewest snaps in the NFL.

I’ll concede best case scenario, if Campbell never hit Ryan, we go 9-7 this year and possibly miss the playoffs or get destroyed by Jax in Wild Card weekend. More likely is we stay at 6-10 or go to 7-9. That is what Vegas had us doing when it was believed Ryan would be our QB. Either way Ryan doesn’t right this ship. If you think he does rewatch 2016.

...as bad as our offensive was it wudda been so much liverworst had it not been for our offensive genius HC!

True Story!

Yea, with Thill and a legit OL, TE and LBs we coulda been a contender!

You finished with an 80 qbr

I mean seriously. Unless you had a top 5 defense and running game you weren’t competing for anything with that

And even that would have caught up to you eventually.

An 80 qbr on a 34 year old veteran qb in an offense that put the qb in position to succeed.

It’s horrid. But at least it’s in the rear view

A healthy Tannehill, no hurricane and no idiotic London game would have without question resulted in a playoff berth. So yeah I’ll say 11-5.

...as bad as our offensive was it wudda been so much liverworst had it not been for our offensive genius HC!
True Story!
Yea, with Thill and a legit OL, TE and LBs we coulda been a contender!

How many more games would Miami have won if penalties were cut in half, Tannehill were QB, AND two average OGs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom