Gamethread FIFA World Cup 2006 - Semi Finals: FRG vs I | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gamethread FIFA World Cup 2006 - Semi Finals: FRG vs I

HolliFinFan said:
:lol: She's very pretty, FFiB. I'm devastated.
Perhaps I'll jump off the Camino Real bridge? :wink:
~~Holli

wasn't actually for you.....you just gave the excuse for a link to the players wives/gfs....

:wink:

:sidelol:

BigDogsHunt said:
If anyone ever translates this I would love to know what is being said.....:wink:

I tried to find it for you, but was unsuccessful. I do understand all of the commercials. My inference is that what you're looking for is not spoken in words: ie. when Jose tells the player to get over to the bench and calls the other one in. What that player did or did not do to be sent off is not included in the dialogue. Or maybe I missed something?
~~Holli

HolliFinFan said:
I tried to find it for you, but was unsuccessful. I do understand all of the commercials. My inference is that what you're looking for is not spoken in words: ie. when Jose tells the player to get over to the bench and calls the other one in. What that player did or did not do to be sent off is not included in the dialogue. Or maybe I missed something?
~~Holli

Okay, I found it. You'll have to scroll down, but it's there.
http://dujardin.blogspot.com/2006/06/jose-say-what-full-translation-of-jose.html

~~Holli

BigDogsHunt said:
Sweet....you rock....appreciate this.

De nada :wink:

And for the record, before I read that, I knew what they are saying, yet I didn't have a grasp of the history of the players :confused2
~~Holli

Edit and move Jose?

HI Holli and BigDog,

I'm the one who wrote that translation of Jose + 10 on la Jardiniere. . . Didn't realize it had gone into the archives and you had to scroll down to find it. I reckon now that I've gotten all that input from everybody, I'll post a definitive version on the home page. . . whaddya think?:rolleyes:

You wouldn't believe the traffic this post gets -- (and I can't believe I'm the only one to have done it!!!)

Right now the entire island of Taiwan appears to be reading it.

(And by the way, my site monitor shows what websites people come in from, which is how I found your thread. . . )

THANKS for coming!

GwynnDujardin@m said:
HI Holli and BigDog,

I'm the one who wrote that translation of Jose + 10 on la Jardiniere. . . Didn't realize it had gone into the archives and you had to scroll down to find it. I reckon now that I've gotten all that input from everybody, I'll post a definitive version on the home page. . . whaddya think?:rolleyes:

You wouldn't believe the traffic this post gets -- (and I can't believe I'm the only one to have done it!!!)

(And by the way, my site monitor shows what websites people come in from, which is how I found your thread. . . )

THANKS for coming!

Pretty cool.....you did a great job. I loved reading your translation. Entertaining commercial....love the WC.

Yes, post the full update....would love that.

You might want to book mark this site, as its great for Miami Dolphins fans and foe alike.

Welcome aboard!

FFiB said:
is that important?

I don't understand what they say but it is all about the message being send.

Its even better now that its been translated.....I loved the story the pictures told, but reading the words clearly adds to the images.

Considering the post has had more than 3000 unique visitors since I posted it, apparently people are into it! (i.e., think it's important)

I do say in the post that by translating the ad to the letter, I am violating the "spirit" of the ad, which assumes that you don't have to know every word or player to "get" it, of course -- it comes down to levels of analysis. If it's just a commercial to you, who cares. But if you're into football (soccer) and the World Cup, knowing more about the ad gives you more ways to appreciate it (especially considering how often they're running it! :wink: )

I'll post an update when I can. . . am slammed at the moment. . .

Also, I should say that I'm an academic, and tend to want to know everything I can about whatever sparks my interest, and am glad that other people have enjoyed the fruits of my perverse labors.

Adidas have got to be loving it. I'm waiting for my cut to arrive! (though, being an academic, I am used to rendering services for free. . . )

FFiB said:
is that important?

I don't understand what they say but it is all about the message being send.

That's true, but for me, it explains the history of the players, which you probably got anyway. :lol: Of course you did.:D
~~Holli

GwynnDujardin@m said:
HI Holli and BigDog,

THANKS for coming!

Hello, Gwynn. Thanks for the translation and info. I think it should go on your homepage. It took me quite a bit of time to find a translation of that ad. Thanks also for stating how you found this thread. :lol:
BTW, your homepage could futher be enhanced with some Miami Dolphins logos. :wink:
~~Holli

Back
Top Bottom