Gase is tooling "his" offense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase is tooling "his" offense

cafinfan408

Punching Bag
Club Member
Reaction score
I like most others would love to have Landry for the next 4 years, however it's clear he was not doing everything asked of him. Add in bonehead flags and cheap hits that ended another players opportunity to play the game and you end up not wanting to pay top dollar. Its obvious Gase wants smarter players who can do everything in the playbook. Hopefully the ball gets spread out a bit more.. we have 2 WRs in Wilson and Stills who give us vertical push out of the slot and you have Danny who can read coverage while running his route and always get to the open spot.. Tannhill will get comfortable with him very quick. Still need an answer at TE but I expect a lower draft pick to go there as well.

A lot of bashing of TBaum, and again, I'm not defending him at all because we all know he's made monster mistakes. However, this is Gase making these decisions. It's getting pretty obvious if you connect the dots.

A lot of bashing of TBaum, and again, I'm not defending him at all because we all know he's made monster mistakes. However, this is Gase making these decisions. It's getting pretty obvious if you connect the dots.

Thank You. Gase loyalists are always going to blame T-Baum. I mentioned in another post that from watching Hard Knocks with the Jets T-Baum works closely with his HC to get him HIS players. Another poster pointed out to me that the jets team went 5-11. My point was not Mike T. is great. It was he works with his head coach and lets them pull the strings on the players that want. He may screw up the contracts but the adds and cuts are Adam's.

Thank You. Gase loyalists are always going to blame T-Baum. I mentioned in another post that from watching Hard Knocks with the Jets T-Baum works closely with his HC to get him HIS players. Another poster pointed out to me that the jets team went 5-11. My point was not Mike T. is great. It was he works with his head coach and lets them pull the strings on the players that want. He may screw up the contracts but the adds and cuts are Adam's.

Actually in the early days of the salary cap, Mr. T as he was called by Fransesca was a cap "guru". That reputation got him this job. He was always a numbers guy. Since back then, others have passed him by including I think Dawn Aponte. But for some reason the reputation still follows him. But you're right, he really isn't and never was a football guy.

I've been arguing that for a while, but some with an agenda blame TBaum for EVERYTHING. Abysmal at contracts and negotiations, but he doesn't 'pick the groceries.' That said, I'm a little confused why Miami would want Wilson AND Amendola. OTOH, Stills, Grant, and Wilson on the field together should be fun to watch.

I've been arguing that for a while, but some with an agenda blame TBaum for EVERYTHING. Abysmal at contracts and negotiations, but he doesn't 'pick the groceries.' That said, I'm a little confused why Miami would want Wilson AND Amendola. OTOH, Stills, Grant, and Wilson on the field together should be fun to watch.
I thought something was said about more 4 WR sets. Maybe those 4 and Grant as a gadget weapon?

They have a director of pro personnel and many guys under him. I seriously doubt Gase is studying tape on all the potential free agents. He may have opinions but he is probaly not directing them to go get people with final say.

Gase is the bubble screen offense

I know it's cool to bash them (and I'm not referring to you directly here), but when bubble screens work and are executed properly, they can work *really* well. The thing is that the Fins haven't been executing them well on a regular basis.

I think that's part of Gase's frustration; people simply weren't running plays correctly.

Back
Top Bottom