Gase is tooling "his" offense | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase is tooling "his" offense

I dont know man, I'm starting to lose faith in Gase, just a lot of things don't add up. Like people saying running the offense through Landry has gotten us no where, but why did Gase run the offense through Landry? If Landry was really not doing as he was told why was he never benched, cut, traded on his original contract? Ajayi was an issue so they got rid of him mid season..why keep Landry until his contract expired? If they couldn't find a trade partner why not bench Landry and put in Grant/Caroo? You're telling me this guy is disregarding what you're saying and your solution is to make him the focal point of the offense? That makes no sense.

Than Ajayi is traded and Drake has a pretty damn good year...but why wasn't he utilized more? As the coach shouldn't you know your own players? Is Drake a bad practice player...whats the deal man? Why does the HC not know the players on his team?

The Dolphins offense will be bottom 10 in the NFL next year imo. It's not about Gases play calling either it's about the players.

The wr unit isn't good, when Kenny Stills or Devante Parker is the best wr you have your wr unit sucks.

The oline isn't good. It should be with all we've invested into it but it's very mediocre.

The rb unit isn't good. Drake gets hurt and we've got nothing and Drake will get hurt if we try running him too much.

We don't have an elite TE or even one that I'd say is pretty good.

And then we've got Tannehill at qb and for as much as I hate on Tannehill he may be our best offensive skill player which again just isn't going to get it done.

Bring on the 5 slot receiver sets. The rest of the league doesn't stand a chance.

Gase and his coaching staff are smitten with Derrius Guice. This could be a pretty darn good offense with Guice, Drake, the current group of receivers and a pass catching TE.
I think Gase wants to build the offense this offseason, so I think the draft will heavily favor offense. Wouldn’t surprise me to see them go RB, OG, TE...in that order

Gase and his coaching staff are smitten with Derrius Guice. This could be a pretty darn good offense with Guice, Drake, the current group of receivers and a pass catching TE.
I think Gase wants to build the offense this offseason, so I think the draft will heavily favor offense. Wouldn’t surprise me to see them go RB, OG, TE...in that order

Wouldn't mind accidently getting DJ Chark too ;)

I know it's cool to bash them (and I'm not referring to you directly here), but when bubble screens work and are executed properly, they can work *really* well. The thing is that the Fins haven't been executing them well on a regular basis.

I think that's part of Gase's frustration; people simply weren't running plays correctly.
Gase jad no clue last. Did you see his post game interview.

Heading into the draft, I think that trend continues. They want Smart guys that love football, and have real leadership skills. Not just an offense, but on defense as well. Suh may be a superior talent, but I'm sure he drove Burke crazy as much as he jumped offsides or lost containment against the run. We are severely lacking leaders. Players that will throw themselves into two guys to free up another teammate to make the play, etc.

I dont know man, I'm starting to lose faith in Gase, just a lot of things don't add up. Like people saying running the offense through Landry has gotten us no where, but why did Gase run the offense through Landry? If Landry was really not doing as he was told why was he never benched, cut, traded on his original contract? Ajayi was an issue so they got rid of him mid season..why keep Landry until his contract expired? If they couldn't find a trade partner why not bench Landry and put in Grant/Caroo? You're telling me this guy is disregarding what you're saying and your solution is to make him the focal point of the offense? That makes no sense.

Than Ajayi is traded and Drake has a pretty damn good year...but why wasn't he utilized more? As the coach shouldn't you know your own players? Is Drake a bad practice player...whats the deal man? Why does the HC not know the players on his team?

The reason the ball was thrown so often to Landry is because it was the only throws that Cutler could make.

I think a lot of these moves are ramifications of the Cutler signing. Gase would have to coach his ass off to make the offense work with Cutler, and he would have to have all his ducks in a row to keep the lockerroom from revolting if things didn't go well. Neither happened and now we're suffering the consequences.

I know it's cool to bash them (and I'm not referring to you directly here), but when bubble screens work and are executed properly, they can work *really* well. The thing is that the Fins haven't been executing them well on a regular basis.

I think that's part of Gase's frustration; people simply weren't running plays correctly.

I’ve been a fan since 1983 and I can’t remember a Dolphins team who were good at ANY screen plays, let alone the bubble variety that we seem to have no clue how to run. After this many years I just shake my head when I see us trying them. Maybe this is the year we cross that bridge? Maybe we are able to run some Thurman Thomas type screens with Drake? Maybe Amendola teaches Grant and the rest of the receivers what a bubble screen is supposed to look like? Personally I hate that play as a staple of the offense and unless Tom brady is at QB for us I doubt I will feel any better about it. I would rather see us get vertical and run an honest to God hurry up use the freaking heat to our advantage style of offense.

A lot of bashing of TBaum, and again, I'm not defending him at all because we all know he's made monster mistakes. However, this is Gase making these decisions. It's getting pretty obvious if you connect the dots.
This is what I’m saying! Gase’s opinion is what matters most. Tbaum & Grier just trying to find players that Gase likes.

Back
Top Bottom