Gase/team needs to be consistent with player moves | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase/team needs to be consistent with player moves

Ha ha ha ha..."give it time", that's all a fan gets with Miami . Might as well write the usual, don't worry it's only week 8.
haha better believe it....we have no choice

Is Julius Thomas doing what he's supposed to be doing, even if he sucks? Is he throwing tantrums after wins because he didn't get enough touches?

That's exactly why!! Gase can deal with the player dropping passes and playing like **** but to not understand a simplified playbook is simply a joke (especially from a PB RB). He needs execution. We don't need someone who goes home pissed after a win because he didn't gain personal stats. This is Gases team and now the Dolphins players understand nobody is invincible. Great coaches have to make their imprint. And that's what Gase is doing.

Here's what I think.

No question, Gase has his favourites and generally they're the retreads he brought in from other teams, plus a few of our very consistent players, plus some draft picks.

Ajayi is a talented RB, but he has been pretty poor this year. He's been dancing around behind the hole, he's been stopped on a lot of no gain or negative plays, he's been piss poor as a receiver and as especially as a pass blocker.

Our oline isn't very good in the run game, but it's one of a number of mediocre olines out there. I watch inferior RBs get considerably more consistent production behind such olines all the time and I wonder wtf is going on between our line and our tailbacks.

I don't know about Ajayi' s attitude or his knees. I agree with people who say a coach should be able to accommodate a sulky star who wants more touches. Thing is, Ajayi isn't playing like a star. I'll tolerate anyone at work if they clearly outperform the normal benchmarks. But if they're unproductive and an a$$hole....

Gase worries me. I hate his devotion to Cutler, even after the Moore performance Vs Balt.

But I'm not surprised he dropped Ajayi, even if it looks like a shocking move to some. He's a very highly rated coach. Tony Romo was gushing about him while simultaneously scratching his head at the execution issues the Miami players were having.

Christ knows what out RB situation will be like. Williams isn't an RB in the true sense of the word and Drake is a gadget player with no gadget plays so far.

Will this signal the slow dismantling of a talented but underperforming Miami team? Maybe. But I tend to think the defensive players are a lot safer as they're playing some ok football and have Burke as a buffer.

On the offensive side, I think everyone bar Tannehill and Stills are for sale or in the firing line.

Is Julius Thomas doing what he's supposed to be doing, even if he sucks? Is he throwing tantrums after wins because he didn't get enough touches?

This.

We could be wrong, but we dont know the playbook, we dont know what Gase is asking Thomas to do. If Thomas is running the plays Gase calls he is likely getting a pass even though he sucks.

As far as Landry is concerned, I'm convinced people are reading his name into Gase's remarks and they werent directed toward him. Total smear job by people that have some kind of bias against Landry. Frankly, it is starting to piss me off.

So it sucks they traded Ajayi for a 4th round pick, but he got in a bad place with Gase and thats what happens I guess. Not sure what else to say.

But what about Julius Thomas? He clearly has lost several steps. Drops passes, can't block. If you are going to make moves because you're unhappy with the play of your team, fine. But be consistent. The moves that have been made and haven't been made REEK of inconsistency. What kind of message does that send to the rest of the team?

Even the rumors of Landry being in whatever place he's in the with org. He looks like a guy that busts his butt every game. So its hard for me to understand why he would be someone Gase is targeting unless theres something out there we don't know about? Frustrating.

Ummm. No one would trade for Thomas, so I do not understand your point.

The players know who is untouchable and whose touchable. J Thomas has a vajaj and hes got to entirely clusterflock and he'll still have spot on the team. Landry can run the wrong route and the same; hes untouchable.
Makes the other guys go half-speed get their check and go home.

Jai was never his pick and if people remember T-Bag openly tried replace him only to get rebuffed multiple times.
Same with J Phillips his fat-arse should have been traded but he is a T-Bag pick and hes untouchable.

Back
Top Bottom