Gase vs. Shula... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase vs. Shula...

Mike Shula is one of the finest men you will ever meet,but don't let the last name fool you,if you meet him you'll understand why
he is not head coaching material.
O.C. is it for him....If he somehow manages to get a headcoaching job(lord,don't let it be us) he'll go the
same way as his brother,David...

Right so you would not have hired Tom Landry or a litany of other HOF coaches because they had low key personalities. Your post is prejudicial and wrong.

Mike Shula would not come to Miami as a HC....his last name alone would make the expectations outrageous and some fans would be screaming for his head after 8 weeks if we had a losing record

If his name was Mike Brown, he would not be on any of your radars. He's not coming to Miami because the pressure would be too much for him.

Right so you would not have hired Tom Landry or a litany of other HOF coaches because they had low key personalities. Your post is prejudicial and wrong.

You don't have a clue.....Tom would get on your *** in practice,he didn't have to yell to scold you...Mike never held anybody accountable...missing meetings,missing weightlifting nothing.
I went to school with Mike,great guy...just doesn't have the demeanor for being a head coach.
Now,name me all these other HOF coaches that were shrinking violets and never held their players accountable?

You don't have a clue.....Tom would get on your *** in practice,he didn't have to yell to scold you...Mike never held anybody accountable...missing meetings,missing weightlifting nothing.
I went to school with Mike,great guy...just doesn't have the demeanor for being a head coach.
Now,name me all these other HOF coaches that were shrinking violets and never held their players accountable?

Your comments appear more fictional than your avatar character. Are we also to believe you were sitting in on Cowboys practices back in the 70's??

Your comments appear more fictional than your avatar character. Are we also to believe you were sitting in on Cowboys practices back in the 70's??

Uh, in fairness to Namor, I have heard EXACTLY the same comments about Shula's time at Bama from tons of other people, including Auburn fans. "Good guy, bad head coach."

No...but I sat right beside him in English,*********...and what you believe is irrelevant to the truth..

Knock it off gentlemen. Debate the thread topic and do not make it personal.

These threads...Yikes! Moreover, They're supposed to show how unqualified or inept our coach is I supposed. But if anything they reveal more about the....

This team screwed up when it allowed Todd Bowles to walk!!!

The same Todd Bowels who's team record is worse than ours this year and last year?
Short answer, yes. The Jets were tabbed to be the worst team in the league with the Browns in all pre-season prognostications. He has done a great job to win as many games as they have with a 38 year old journeyman qb, and an even crappier o line than we have. His team smacked us around early in the year if you care to remember.

Short answer, yes. The Jets were tabbed to be the worst team in the league with the Browns in all pre-season prognostications. He has done a great job to win as many games as they have with a 38 year old journeyman qb, and an even crappier o line than we have. His team smacked us around early in the year if you care to remember.

Do you really want to compare QBs? Theirs currently vs. Jay Cutler? Their overall Offense vs. ours? Their overall Defense vs. ours?

Be respectable and take your L and be done with it.

I remember he turned down interviews the year Carolina made the super bowl. While that was commendable in some ways (focus on task at hand), I think that gave the impression he wasn't interested in a head coaching job.

Who knows what kind of coach he would be. I think he did a pretty good job in Alabama, considering the school was under heavy NCAA restrictions. Than again, Nick Saban comes in and brings it back to national prominence, taking the program to another level.

I don't think Todd Bowles is anything special from what I've seen of the Jets the last couple of years.

This board would be calling for his head even more than it's calling for Gase's right now.

Back
Top Bottom