Gase's Future With the Team | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's Future With the Team

Will Gase be the Head Coach Two Years from Today?

• Total voters
Of course he will be. We made the playoffs last year and are in the thick of it this year despite losing our starting QB before the season started, our second round LB pick, and the FO doing nothing to fix the worst OL in football.
sTOP with the we made the playoffs last year...it was vs the weakest schedule in the league. we beat 1 team with a winning record...we lost to the pats twice...

if we make the playoffs this year it will be something...

I agree, last season's schedule would have made Philbin look good too.

I hope he's gone... along with Tannenbaum and all of the o-linemen. I'm sick of seeing so many short passes (especially on 3rd and long) with the HC expecting the receiver to gain enough yards after the catch to get the 1st down. This was Philbin's offensive philosophy, and Gase also likes this style of offense. If there are no holes for the RB, or there isn't enough time for the QB to go deep, then you replace the o-linemen. I don't understand the team's refusal to do this, and I place the blame on both Tannenbaum and Gase.

Edited to add: According to reports, Gase gave 3 players permission to kneel, even though team rules don't allow kneeling on the sideline. IMO (just like with Philbin), the sooner Gase is gone, the better.

Last edited:
It wasn't his guy, his guy went down with a knee injury. We were shopping for a starting QB on the free-agent market in August, the selection is quite limited. You are going to see a different game tonight. He is done simplifying the playbook to help some of the starters out, it will be a different game tonight. I am quite excited about it to be honest.
Offense played marginally better....but raiders were down two starting CBs and we still try to dink and dunk all game without challenging their back up CBs with all the talent we have at Wr.....so many dump offs to the RBs...I'm not sure about Gase

GAse is going to be here a long time so if y’all don’t like it leave. Ross loves him
And Ross gives his guys opportunities to succeed

Gase is going nowhere

To suggest different it to suggest Ryan Tannehill was ever gonna be benched after week 5 last year or let go after last year or this offseason...

Asinine.

I just want it to be over.

I’m playing running back with 2 3rd down backs now and no lead back. It jumps to the top of the needs list this offseason.

That was as smoke and mirrors a run game as I’ve seen.

Jay cutler may have actually carried a top 5 grade today but there’s just so many limitations in play with this o right now it’s rediculous. Are these guys this damn stupid where I have to play it this damn basic? Yeesh. Freaking 3 step to force the qb to stand in.

Thank goodness we didn’t trade dvp at the deadline he’s easiest the biggest threat and playmaker on this offense.

Get well Ryan 8 more weeks in this wasted season and I’m counting the days

Thanks Kenny Stills for that 2 and 15

The best thing that can happen to this team is to go 6 and 10 or worse...

There’s no way what I saw today in terms of execution ask and 20 play consistency to score type stuff in terms of depth drops and with that change of pace and no lead running back is gonna carry on the road.

It’s about draft slot now folks.

Embrace it

Gase is going nowhere

To suggest different it to suggest Ryan Tannehill was ever gonna be benched after week 5 last year or let go after last year or this offseason...

Asinine.

I just want it to be over.

I’m playing running back with 2 3rd down backs now and no lead back. It jumps to the top of the needs list this offseason.

That was as smoke and mirrors a run game as I’ve seen.

Jay cutler may have actually carried a top 5 grade today but there’s just so many limitations in play with this o right now it’s rediculous. Are these guys this damn stupid where I have to play it this damn basic? Yeesh. Freaking 3 step to force the qb to stand in.

Thank goodness we didn’t trade dvp at the deadline he’s easiest the biggest threat and playmaker on this offense.

Get well Ryan 8 more weeks in this wasted season and I’m counting the days

Thanks Kenny Stills for that 2 and 15

Howcome the offense was still bad even with a great starting rb? It was actually better tonight because drake and williams can't run up the middle so it forced Gase to create more variety in his pc. The oline kept cutler clean tonight too, this is not a player issue outside of tannehill and now ajayi gone being big -'s, there's plenty of talent on o. If anything tonight just showed how much more talent is on o than a lot of people thought.

Tonight was pretty easily the best offensive performance the Dolphins have had all season, even with the atrocious penalties.

Also, the OL kept Cutler clean? Pass protection was terrible tonight.

Tonight was pretty easily the best offensive performance the Dolphins have had all season, even with the atrocious penalties.

Also, the OL kept Cutler clean? Pass protection was terrible tonight.
It wasn't that bad from what I could see in the stadium. 1 sack allowed not counting the other one due to a bad snap/fumble at the yard of scrimmage. The run blocking though? Jesus christ I can't believe some people are suggesting going RB early with this line. What's the point? But yeah 100 yards negated from penalties has to fall on the coaching staff. Even the play calling was rough today in terms of trying to go passed intermediate throws with their depleted secondary. If you could only see how many times Kenny Stills was waving 1 arm in the air after 3 seconds into his route only to see the ball thrown short the moment he looks back at the QB. I'm going to watch the all 22 tomorrow just to confirm the amount of times he waved his arms in the air for the ball.

It wasn't that bad from what I could see in the stadium. 1 sack allowed not counting the other one due to a bad snap/fumble at the yard of scrimmage. The run blocking though? Jesus christ I can't believe some people are suggesting going RB early with this line. What's the point? But yeah 100 yards negated from penalties has to fall on the coaching staff. Even the play calling was rough today in terms of trying to go passed intermediate throws with their depleted secondary. If you could only see how many times Kenny Stills was waving 1 arm in the air after 3 seconds into his route only to see the ball thrown short the moment he looks back at the QB. I'm going to watch the all 22 tomorrow just to confirm the amount of times he waved his arms in the air for the ball.

Stills is wasted in this offense since Gase is scared to call vertical pass plays probably because Cutler can no longer throw deep accurately and because the offensive line can't be trusted to hold their blocks long enough without getting the QB killed, drawing a penalty or both. The dink and dunk style of offense allows for more chances to get called for penalties especially when you have so many undisciplined players . What we got tonight is a lot of yards but not many points. This while going up against an awful defense. A good offense would have scored over 40 tonight against that Raiders defense. Will Tannenbaum/Grier seriously address the offensive line after this season and will Tannehill return 100% physically and mentally? Not much to look forward to in the final 8 games of this season.

Will Tannenbaum/Grier seriously address the offensive line after this season...?

I doubt it. I'm sure they'll do something, but it will be the wrong thing! The problem is two-fold: No one on the team (Front Office and Coaching staff) seems to be good at evaluating and getting the most out of o-line talent, and the type of linemen they want to fit Gase's system just aren't good linemen! It looks like Gase wants the same type of linemen and blocking schemes as Philbin did, which is why they kept the majority of Philbin's o-line. These "finesse" linemen and their blocking schemes were completely ineffective for Philbin, and even with some changes (including a possible 1st Round bust in Tunsil) they still can't block and are pushed around by physical d-lines.

The two worst Guards of the NFL's 2015 season were Thomas and Turner. On opening day of the 2016 season, these two guys were not only still on the roster, but starting! How is it possible that throughout all of the off-season, including Free Agency and the Draft, Miami's Front Office personnel were unable to find anyone better to replace them on the roster? Philbin neutered this team, and he was hand-picked by Ross. Tannenbaum was also hand-picked by Ross, and was eventually promoted when he should have been fired. Then, this same group of idiots hired Gase, who IMO is Philbin 2.0 (looks new and improved, but beneath the shiny new overall winning record for him lies the same old team with numerous problems and gaping holes). It seems to me that nothing will ever be fixed correctly until either Ross sells the team or he cleans house and has someone else make the personnel decisions.

Back
Top Bottom