Gase’s message to coaches; You won’t believe what some guy told Dolphins’ offensive coordinator Rea | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase’s message to coaches; You won’t believe what some guy told Dolphins’ offensive coordinator Rea

I like the fact that Gase has put more responsibility on his coaching staff, if the players don't execute then it's on his coordinators which in turn is on him.
Start holding everyone accountable Gase including yourself.....that's the good news.
The bad news......isn't that the way it should be on any team? Aren't coordinators held accountable for the team's play?

It should technically be like that, but I think a team needs the players to also feel very accountable, which might be hard to do if the coaches just blame themselves every game.
Some players feel for their coach/team and respond to that, others don't.

I think what we've seen this year was a tipping-point where Gase was tired of coach-speak / covering for his best players who weren't doing enough to actually be his best players. He's trying to still change the culture, and saw that lack of preparation from his top guys as something that needed to be nipped in the bud.

After reading this I'll walk back on my comments on Christensen......it seems his role is mostly as an "adviser" at best.....and a nursemaid to Gase at worst :

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...christensens-role-in-fixing-dolphins-offense/

"He said today is job is to advise Gase and make things easier for him"....... "It’s the same as it’s always been, just to be a complement to him. It’s his show and I’m just dancing in it."...."I do think that probably one of my responsibilities would be just to be a soothing voice, if you will, that you can’t get frustrated." -

Really??....that's his primary duties and why he's there as OC???

It also confirms in my mind that Gase is a control freak who can't or won't let others take the reins or have a considerable say in how to playcall.

It also confirms in my mind that Gase thinks his play calls should work regardless of what the defense is doing, and if they don't he thinks it's because the players didn't execute the play properly. Run the ball up the middle vs a stacked box on 2nd and long for a loss "oh, it's the O-lines fault for not blocking 8 people, and the RB's fault for not breaking a tackle behind the LOS, and then tried to hit the wrong hole"(when there was no hole to begin with)

It also confirms in my mind that Gase thinks his play calls should work regardless of what the defense is doing, and if they don't he thinks it's because the players didn't execute the play properly. Run the ball up the middle vs a stacked box on 2nd and long for a loss "oh, it's the O-lines fault for not blocking 8 people, and the RB's fault for not breaking a tackle behind the LOS, and then tried to hit the wrong hole"(when there was no hole to begin with)

Exactly..... :

img_13565809ce56718cb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom