********** gator football ***********

Discussion in 'College Sports Forum' started by BobDole, Dec 3, 2015.

Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
  1. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

horrible QB play once again rearing it's ugly head and derailing the season. better than anyone expected though. could not like mcelwain more. great coaching has been eluding this team for years. it's hard to say which one we've been more inept at - hiring coaches or recruiting QBs. hopefully those days are gone. success with the big 3 florida programs has always been cyclical. we'll be a force and soon. fisher has done a good job (our antithesis at recruiting QBs) and that program is built to last. with richt going to miami, all 3 may be good again at the same time. and we all know college football will be the better for it.

treon - the worst QB ever - is gone after the season. some other dopey *** spread team will take him in as a transfer. sucks for them

grier - man he fugged us. he was so raw that missing the season hurt him almost as much as it did the program. i'd be watching my back if i were him

franks - flipped after false reports of miles leaving LSU. i think he's the #5 QB right now. i don't think he'll stay if we get eason. he knew he'd get a shot to come in and start right away. changes quite a bit if we flip eason. thanks richt

eason - the dream. would come in and start right away and not look back. we better be going full court press on this kid right now. man do we need him

probably gonna be a me and COGator thread like it was last time. cool with it

fishfanmiami likes this.
  2. CO-Gator

CO-Gator They all float down here.

Carrying this over from the other thread:

Treon was more of a Kurt Roper recruit much like Jacoby Brissett was a Charlie Weis recruit. And both of those coordinators were gone after one year so it kinda sucked for those guys. Treon looked competent last year, but ever since the LSU game this year he has been a disaster. He's not a good fit for this offense at all.

As for Grier, we'll see what happens. If Del Rio/Eason/Franks comes in and takes the job and never looks back and Grier transfers, then so be it. Trask looks more like a Skyler Mornhinweg-type. But Grier created this situation by being too dumb to check with the training staff before taking something he bought at a GNC.

We really need to get this Oline stabilized before anything though. The young guys got a lot of experience this year which is great, but I won't miss the grad transfers they brought in, particularly Halter. Mac and Nuss were able to mask a lot of our offensive deficiencies this year, but with Grier going out just as he was showing signs of "getting it" and with the grind of the season, the offensive recruiting woes and the lack of player-development under Muschump has all caught up to us. Mac has gotten a lot out of his freshmen recruits this year (Callaway, Scarlett, Cronkrite and others), but it's going to take another year or two for us to stop sucking on that side of the ball.

As for Saturday, **** it. Nothing to lose. Play like it. I love his game, and we've been away from it for far too long.

3. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

i might be one of the few gator fans out there that isn't freaked by the oline. injuries in recent years have been nightmarish, but this was just a young group with 1 returning starter - who did so at a different position. i think they'll be totally fine next season. ivey will live up to the hype and maybe we get that 6'8" monster STONE FORSYTHE in there at some point. with that name, how can he not be good? there's a local kid here from dr phillips that's 6'9" i want next year as well. those goliaths always do us proud.

as far as the recruiting class, it's at 26 right now i believe. how many more do we get, and what 5 stars do you think are realistic? i know we're in the running for a bunch, i just don't know how many we can fit, and who gets the boot if it gets too crowded.

callaway is the next great gator receiver btw. i thought robinson had potential, but i didn't realize he was that much of a nightmare that it required a vote from the players for him to start saturday. figures

4. Sons Of Shula

Sons Of Shula not a dull boy Finheaven VIP Donator

Just checking out the new thread . . .

[​IMG]

[video=youtube;HSC9cgvtkRs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSC9cgvtkRs[/video]

. . . that is all.

5. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Just like old times. :lol:

You guys might even be decent again. Maybe even good enough to not dwell in the distant past and talk present day ****. I'll be here

6. Namor

Namor Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

As I say Roll Tide!!!..It must be sad to only have five "ships".....but back to my Gator friends...hope for a injury free game Saturday. ..love coach Mac....fantastic hire ....SEC championship game...Bama vs Gators...the way it started and the way it should always be.

7. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

Good to see you back Bob.

Civilities aside you guys are gonna get curb stomped Saturday. But with McIlwain the future is bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

hey namor. injury free game is about the best we can hope for. you'll eat our lunch with treon at QB. should be more competitive in a year or 2. :up:

9. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

but ... but ... yeah we're getting our **** pushed in this weekend. i plan on being black out drunk by halftime, much to the dismay of my girlfriend. :lol:

woman went to miami btw. flipped her over to the dark side. in your face canes fans. :chuckle: (i know you're a michigan guy)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2015
  10. CO-Gator

It doesn't feel right when either one of us is in this game playing someone else.

11. MadDog 88

If Will Grier was healthy I'd ride the Gators. Love to see them beat Bama but with Harris a win is highly unlikely.

Looking forward to the 2017 opener at Jerrah's world. Both teams should be playoff contenders that year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. MadDog 88

How in the world did Muschamp screw up the depth at QB so badly?

13. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Not surprised at all by that game. Went exactly as I figured it would. Treon 4 Heisman

Muschamp shouldn't be allowed to touch an offense. He's lost on that side of the ball. They haven't been able to coach up the talent either. That's why guys like Brissett transfer out and thrive

14. Namor

Good game guys...your D is every bit as good ours..Gator future is bright with coach Mac...hey, Lets do this game again next year!!!

15. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

Same way Hoke screwed ours up. Went all in on someone with no backup plans.

16. CO-Gator

Driskel too. His numbers at LaTech have been unrecognizable for the player you saw when he was here. Now part of that is that he's playing in a soft conference, but the other part is that he's probably getting some actual coaching for the first time in his collegiate career.

It's just amazing. We had multiple NFL draft picks on our line last year and we still had one of the worst offenses in the FBS. QBs who were lost, DEs playing TE, and everything else. The lack of depth you see on this team now is the finished product of a full graduation cycle (4 years) of Will Muschamp recruiting. It's not all that different from being on probation/NCAA sanctions.

Enjoy it South Carolina! He's your problem now.

17. CO-Gator

Tough, hard-hitting game. Just the way I like it. In a couple years when our offense can score again it'll be just like they used to be.

Go kick their asses in January.

18. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Eason staying at GA. Blurg. Let's go Franks

19. CO-Gator

Yeah it was looking less and less like he'd pick us down the stretch so that softened the blow a bit. But yesterday wasn't a total loss. We picked up the top kicker recruit Pineiro so that hopefully solves one gaping hole on this roster. I watched Franks in the 5A state championship game online. He looked pretty good even though they lost, but I was more impressed with the WR Gavin who got hurt in the 4th quarter with what looked like a shoulder or a collarbone. He was a stud. Hope we land him too.

Grier is now officially not transferring so we'll have him, Franks and Luke Del Rio all ready to go in the spring. I've heard a lot about the staff being high on LDR and not being happy when the NCAA wouldn't grant him an eligibility waiver before this season. My money is on him to start at least the first 6 games next year. If he plays well enough the job is his for good. Franks I'm guessing will redshirt and be an emergency-only option unless he just lights it up in the spring and summer. Treon may as well either change positions or transfer.

20. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Grier transferring now. QB situation at Florida always interesting

21. CO-Gator

Well I guess that's that. Barring an unexpected grad transfer, LDR is next year's starter by default. I also think this kills any chance Franks had at redshirting. May as well give him all the backup reps and let him play whenever possible. Give that redshirt to Trask who is probably the furthest away from being ready to play. Treon still needs to either change positions or transfer.

22. CO-Gator

McCallister dismissed. **** man.

23. MadDog 88

Interesting that Grier is transferring. Leaving a team that is trending back to the top seems odd considering he would be the starter come November heading into the post season. Wonder if the year of ineligibility starts halfway through 2016 meaning he sits 2 years total?

24. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

I heard a rumor that Grier decided to transfer because he feels the administration threw him under the bus. any truth to that?

25. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

It looked like he was gonna enter the draft anyhow. He needed another year to refine his game though. One trick pony at this point. Wonder what he did to get the boot

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

I haven't heard anything like that but who knows. What a waste

26. CO-Gator

The early word is that Grier didn't feel like he was a part of the coaching staff's plans for next season. Can't say I don't believe that. Hard to fit into anyone's plans when you can't play for the first half of next season. Of course now he can't play for another season and a half because the suspension carries over once he's sat out a year for transferring.

There's also rumors that he may not have been entirely truthful about the circumstances leading up to his suspension. We may never know whether or not those are true because there's HIPPA issues there. But at this point it doesn't even matter. He's gone and it's his own damn fault.

This spring should be really interesting. Like I said, it's Del Rio's job by default now. Treon has no future here at QB and it sounds like he has no interest in changing positions so he may as well follow Grier out the door as soon as the Citrus Bowl is over.

27. CO-Gator

Welp, if the word on the street now about Grier is true, then it explains a lot. I won't say what it is just yet, but you can probably find it if you want. It actually makes a lot more sense when compared with the official story and I would expect Austin Hardin to be gone soon too. Not that any tears would be shed over that.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2015
  28. CO-Gator

Taylor and Robinson leaving.

Taylor is somewhat of a surprise as his dad was a firm believer in the educational aspect of everything and stayed all for years when he played for us, but I also understand it with Cronkrite and Scarlett already being good enough to take carries away from him. He really didn't like having split carries with two other guys. I have no worries about that position for next season so long as we can find some linemen who can actually run block.

Robinson is no surprise at all. He has had one foot out the door since he showed up on campus. A small loss for sure, but Callaway may very well be the next great UF WR. Maybe now Ahmad Fulwood can finally justify his recruiting ranking with him gone.

Now we're just waiting on Maye and Neal. Really hoping we can get one or both of them to stay. Losing both guys along VH3 would really hurt our secondary.

29. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Shoot me a pm with the word on the street. Haven't heard anything.

Not surprised about taylor. He probably realizes there are a lot of guys who are capable and waiting in the wings. Not gonna help his draft stock if he stays and gets killed behind our oline again. I think the oline will be better but he has no reason to think that after the last 3 years. He's a lot better than his #s indicate, and I think his best is yet to come.

With you on robinson. Next man up.

I have a feeling Maye and Neal will enter. Don't think either would do themselves a favor by staying. We have excellent depth there so we'll live.

This draft class is getting crazy with more to come. Mac wants his guys in and I see a ludicrous amount of freshman on the roster this season

30. CO-Gator

Your inbox is full.

31. CO-Gator

Well you had to know Treon's good start to this game wouldn't last. Oh well. One more half and it's all over. Get LDR ready this spring and summer and never look back.

Also, our defense looks like they had a long night out last night. This always seems to happen in these games which sucks since we don't get to watch them play for another 8 months.

32. Namor

I know...that fla. D today doesn't look like the one that was giving Bama all it could handle three weeks ago.

33. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Anyone have any idea why harris and Callaway were suspended? Harris could face a lifetime suspension for all I care but we need Callaway in the worst way

Surprised maye came back btw. Big for the D

34. CO-Gator

It seems the rumors were true that there was an allegation against Clallaway from December. From what it looks like though, he will not be charged and he is simply in Mac's doghouse for now. As for Harris, this is incident #3 so I don't really know what to tell you.

Yeah Maye coming back is great. Him, Tabor, Davis, and Brantley should all be monsters for that D. LDR seems to be the clear front-runner at QB for now. Also really stoked to hear that Hardin is gone. Good riddance. Take your coke stash with you.

35. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

it's pissing me off they haven't said anything about it. all i've read is his lawyers are fighting these 'allegations' ... but won't say what they are. i'm assuming student conduct policy but would love to know what he did. if it happened in december you'd think there would be more out there on it

D will be money again, for sure. look for jefferson to put up some impressive numbers as well. i'm terrified about the offense, per usual. the only thing i know for sure about that unit is the offensive line will be better

36. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

37. FSU Truth

FSU Truth inside my DNA Finheaven VIP

38. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

39. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2016/8/9/12411760/antonio-callaway-hearing-university-of-florida-william-cervone-john-clune

I was worried this was the case. Been following this since I found out. The school deciding to hire a booster to oversee this thing is particularly disingenuous. FSU did something along those lines with the Winston thing, so hopefully it works out.

I feel for these girls. It's such a no win situation for them. To go through something like that then be summarily dismissed and paid off to go away ... I think it's safe to say the system is broken in that regard. I'd be hiring babysitters for my players to drive them around and make sure they don't rape people when those idiots go out drinking if I were the coach. It's getting to epidemic proportions in college football. And it's so preventable.

Not saying Callaway is Def in the wrong - as situations are always different and sometimes girls lie for various reasons - but it typically doesn't bode well when a girl makes the insanely hard decision to come out and cry foul. Against 2 of them no less. Not good.

40. CO-Gator

Yeah it sounds like the rumors were true all along. I heard about this in January and thought nothing of it until Callaway was very quietly not on campus during the spring semester and practices and all through the summer. He was still taking classes to maintain his eligibility, but everything was online. It sounds like the school learned from the Baylor situation and handled it just fine, but fumbled it at the 1. Treon evidently was asked to leave before he did, so he appears to have done something wrong. This also wasn't his first incident so it was probably best for everyone that he move on. Callaway is maintaining his innocence and even the state's attorney has said the case wouldn't be prosecutable if it came to his desk. But he's either done something wrong or put himself in a position that allowed this to happen. I follow him on Twitter and he's been pretty adamant about being on the field this season, but he's just going to have to be in limbo until this is resolved.

We may never know all the facts about this case, but it sucks on every level and it definitely looks bad.

41. CO-Gator

Callaway found not guilty. "Burden of proof not met." Apparently they were getting high together and after that, whatever. Just sit him for the UMass game and be done with it.

42. MadDog 88

You guys may have a tough road ahead to repeat as the East champs. I love McIlwain but he only has 2 games to get a QB ready for the trip to Tennessee and that's not going to be easy. What does the future hold at QB as far as recruiting?

43. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

We've beat Tennessee 11 straight times and with absolute trash since Tebow left, so I'll start to worry about that one when there's a reason to. They should be better this year, sure, but I've been hearing that for about a decade now.

I'm more concerned about how letting Eason slip away will haunt us for the next 3 years.

As far as QB goes, who knows. Franks showed he wasn't ready so hopefully this regime knows how to develop a QB. We've got 4 star Allen in the next crop, so maybe he's next up. I've learned to temper my expectations with gator QBs. Gonna cross my fingers and hope for the best.

44. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

The age old 'i was stoned so I didn't want to have sex' defense. Works every time :lol:

I imagine he's gonna get tested regularly now, so he better quit smoking. Good freakin luck in Gainesville.

45. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

Leave it to Gator fans to need more asterisks in their thread title to feel superior.

46. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

I would totally trade barbs with you here but I have no idea who your college team is. :idk:

47. FSU Truth

FSU Truth inside my DNA Finheaven VIP

Sometimes I forget that uf has a football team....

48. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

ThIs one I know ...

Sometimes I forget how to break into girls' dorm rooms and take dumps in their hampers, but then I call your boy davenport and everyone sleeps easy.

49. CO-Gator

We have Jake Allen coming in from Aquinas next year which is supposed to be a solid pickup, but he probably won't be ready anytime soon. Luke Del Rio has 3 years of eligibility left if I'm not mistaken. Franks did not look anywhere near ready in the spring game. Still a bit of a question mark for us sadly.

This post would be more insightful but I am drunk now.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2016
  50. CO-Gator

:lol: So now Cyontai Lewis and Jalen Tabor are suspended for getting a fight in the locker room. One story is that Lewis swung a helmet at him and it required some stitches. This is one of those years where I'm thankful our opening game opponent isn't any good.