********** gator football ***********

Discussion in 'College Sports Forum' started by BobDole, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Vol&dolfan

Vol&dolfan Starter

With Sutton out I'm extremely worried about Callaway. Lining up a true freshman against him makes me really nervous.

2. Vol&dolfan

Vol&dolfan Starter

Just getting back from the game man it was a crazy one today. By halftime I just knew I was in for a blow out and we had some gator fans sitting in our section that was letting everyone know about it. Then midway through the third quarter the game started changing and they started to get quit and we started getting loud. By about 5 minutes into the forth quarter they where totally quit and some of the people in my section started heckling them. Then when we went up 38 - 21 they decided it was time to leave to the cheers of everyone in my section. It turned out to be a great game and in the end the duck was pulling the truck.

:drink:

3. Sons Of Shula

Sons Of Shula not a dull boy Hammered Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

McElwain is awful.

4. CO-Gator

CO-Gator They all float down here. Finheaven VIP

**** this hurricane.

Also, it sounds like Chris Leak may have pulled a Dennis Reynolds with someone.

5. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Haven't even bothered to come in here. That Tennessee second half drained any hope I had for the season. Never thought the defense was capable of collapsing like that. Mac has work to do.

I went to edgewater for a few summers in h.s.. I have a friend who played big boy college ball and head coached there previously that told me shady stuff about Leak that I had no idea about. Goes to show you never know ...

They better show up today and blow the doors off mizzou after that last abortion. I have no more room in my life for lifeless football.

Oh, and **** LSU.

6. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Del Rio is trash.

7. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Del Rio should be in the talks for heisman consideration. He's the goods.

The sad thing is the built in excuses aren't there. The scheme isn't raping him like addazio did with Brantley, on the heels of tebow. He isn't suffering from pop warner QB coaching development, like all the guys that went on to succeed after floundering here, a la driskel, brissett, etc.. Not his first rodeo. The offensive line, while not great, has done it's job. Running backs are talented and plentiful. Callaway, powell, and Cleveland are getting open.

It's all there for ya LDR. Stop looking so lost out there. Or just hand the ball off every time like any other time we've got a huge win over the past ... ugh

8. CO-Gator

LDR to me looks like a very average QB who will make for an adequate placeholder to keep the seat warm until the next guy is ready. Could be Franks (possible), Trask (doubtful), or Allen (hopeful). It's important to keep in mind, he's played very little meaningful football since he was a HS senior starting alongside Christian McCaffrey on a team that was playing a classification below where they belonged and predictably assraping their competition. Beat a local team from this area in the state championship game 66-10 that year. I knew one of their assistants.

He's a much better fit in this offense than Treon was, but that's a low bar to clear. I wish he hadn't gotten hurt. Maybe he'll get better, maybe he won't, but beating Georgia is always nice. Tennessee was nice enough to derp their way down to 3rd place in the division and give us a nice little cushion and the inside track to Atlanta. Sure Alabama will probably crush us if we get there, but winning the East is always a goal.

9. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Del Rio is holding this team back so bad it's flat out impressive. Bench him coach. He's terrible.

The defense looks poised for another second half collapse. So many missed assignments.

10. CO-Gator

Yeah I take what I said back. He just isn't good. May as well roll with Appleby from here.

Defense looks awful. Getting absolutely manhandled up front. No pass rush, Arkansas RB getting at least 5 yards on every carry it seems.

11. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

That **** was brutal. Del Rio is treon level bad. Completely lost. Hasn't earned the privilege of another snap all season. I honestly don't know what mac is waiting for. That's on him.

Davis and anzalone getting hurt ended up being predictably fun. Davis should rest until that ankle heals. Don't risk your future kid. It's bright. Anzalone looked like he broke his arm sticking it out like a doofus while falling the opposite direction. That sucked. Good news is we'll get another year for him to help the D and try to stay healthy.

They dominated both lines all game. Never ends well.

12. CO-Gator

Some people are calling for Mac to just start one of the freshmen which I think is reckless. Making it to the final four is out of the question now, but we still have plenty to play for. Every game left on our schedule is important. You don't just say "**** it" and start an 18/19 year-old kid who hasn't taken a single snap at this level when the division is on the line. It has to either be Apppeby or just stick with LDR, much as I don't like those options.

13. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

If it ain't workin, fix it. Treading water does nothing for the team. Go with the youngster. See if that 18-19 year old can be the future. Del Rio will do nothing but cost us those 5 stars that have the gators on their short list.

Winning the east is great and all, but that shouldn't be the goal every season.

14. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Anzalone, cleveland, and Dillard out for the year. Ugh. Del Rio played with a 'hurt shoulder' - that somehow went undetected until after his terrible performance - and will sit this week. Translation: QB competition back open.

15. CO-Gator

That's an ugly injury report. CeCe Jefferson out too. Mac said today that Cleveland will actually be good to go though. Looks like it's gonna be Appleby. May as well give him the job from here on out. And let Franks and Allen battle it out next spring.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2016
  16. CO-Gator

Maye and Sharpe go down and that was just the 1st quarter. It's really starting to pile up now. Not sure I like our chances in these last few games.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2016
  17. CO-Gator

Also, really starting to think Appleby is better than LDR.

18. CO-Gator

Game. Suck it Muschamp.

19. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

By a country mile. He should be the guy until next season.

Minus the injuries, it was a good game. It should've been 60-0, but we won comfortably so whatever.

20. CO-Gator

Maye's arm is broken. **** us.

21. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

It's getting to the point where it might be best to not play alabama this season. Nothing good can happen there. The only thing worse than going against that juggernaut is doing it with half your team hurt. Oiy vey.

22. CO-Gator

Saw today's injury report.

[​IMG]

23. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Think the gators miss their 3 leading tacklers? Gonna be a looooong game.

24. Vol&dolfan

Vol&dolfan Starter

Grats on the win I'll be pulling for you guys against team quitters Saban and Kiffin.

25. CO-Gator

Hhhhooooollllyyyyy ssshhhhiiiittttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

What a game. If you look up bend but not break in the future, you might find a link for this game. Who tried to give it away more, San Diego or LSU? Appleby won't get us there, but the defense might. Hot damn.

27. Namor

Namor Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

28. Vol&dolfan

Vol&dolfan Starter

29. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

30. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

I couldn't even finish watching it. The gators have to be the worst team in college football at developing QBs. They've been terrible for a decade now. How is that even statistically possible?

Seeing someone get hurt every 5 plays didn't help.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2016
  31. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Can someone explain to me why anzalone declared? I get that he graduated and is a walking injury, but I can't imagine him thinking his draft stock is high. Not with this class. Finish out your eligibility, stay healthy, lead a D loaded with talent, and you're looking at maybe getting picked in the 2nd round in not such a loaded class. What am I missing here?

Is he so scared of getting hurt again that he wants to take his shot while he still can? This would be an odd decision because he won't be making much as a 6th/7th/udfa so he'd be an easy cut if he was injured quickly. Or is he done with football altogether? I can't find a good answer anywhere.

fishfanmiami likes this.
  32. CO-Gator

Doesn't make any sense to me either, but whatever. Would have made even less sense if Marcel Harris had declared which he thankfully did not. We're losing a lot of good players off this defense, but we're keeping a lot of good players. Reese, Joseph, Zuniga, Harris, and Gardner should all be exciting to watch next year. We're losing almost nobody on offense other than Sharpe who's leaving early and Dillard who evidently wants to transfer. Gotta get the QB situation figured out if anything's gonna happen though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2017
  33. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

My little bro played with Harris in hs ... he talked to him already so I knew the secondary minus maye was staying intact. He came on really strong at the end of the year ... with the big game to cap it ... if we would keep him at strong he'll have a nice year and be a high pick. The way we recruit dbs and des, there doesn't seem to be enough snaps to go around ... unless injuries happen ... like this season.

DE is loaded. I see Jefferson moving inside full time ... which he kind of already was ... because of it.

But it is all moot unless they get a QB. I didn't hear anything too great about Franks or trask over the course of the season ... and Allen has dropped to a 3 star ... sigh.

34. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Florida ended up coming to life today and sneaking into the top 10. We pillaged the south florida area ... which I believe has the best athletes in the entire country ... so that's a huge plus. Randy Shannon was a big get for recruiting that area. Really like the quality of the class despite not having any 5 stars. And of course we needed like 7 DBs ... surprised they're able to recruit them so well despite having such depth there ... although we're losing 3 starters so keep em comin.

Would be nice to have a comfortable QB situation ... totally forgot what that was like.

35. CO-Gator

Spring game:

Franks clearly the front-runner for the starting job. Announcing crew kept using the "don't count this guy out" stuff with LDR, but we've seen enough of him.

Scarlett and Callaway looked great. Really excited about them. Powell looks like he's worked on his game a lot. Hammond had a ncie deep catch from Franks early on. I don't think he played last night, but I'm really excited to see what Tyrie Cleveland does. Perine looked fine too. Mark Thompson could be such a good player if he could just hold on to the ball.

Defense looks very solid. Granted, they ran against the 2s all night, but I'm not too worried about this unit giving up too many points. Joseph, Jefferson, Zuniga, Harris, and Gardener all looked great.

36. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Happened a few days ago ... forgot to post about it. Callaway caught with pot. This guy is the king of the off season. Pretty much have to suspend him a game or 2 with his history. At least we don't play Michigan to start off the season ...

37. CO-Gator

Couple weeks late on this, but Marcel Harris out for the season with a torn Achilles.

[​IMG]

And now Zaire is in the mix at QB. Who starts for us this season?

[​IMG]

BobDole likes this.
  38. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Losing Harris was a kick in the nuts but there's plenty of talent on D to withstand some injuries. It'll be the youngest group we've trotted out there in a while, but 4 stars galore. Next man up.

I'd be shocked if they brought Zaire in not to start. Does he even have realistic competition there? I don't think so. All of a sudden the gators offense got waaaaaayyyyyyyy more interesting. That transfer was season saving type stuff right there.

The big, big, big news is Coral. I was stunned we got him. Praying we can keep him. I don't want to say more and jinx it. Needless to say, I'm pumped.

39. CO-Gator

Yeah I was pumped when he committed to us. Especially now that Justin Fields is looking like a longshot.

40. Sons Of Shula

Sons Of Shula not a dull boy Hammered Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator