Geno Smith - You did it to yourself | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Geno Smith - You did it to yourself

As a WVU fan I'm sad for Geno going to the Jets because they are gonna ruin him by throwing him right in the flames

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--g...s-shed-light-on-why-qb-dropped-183846651.html

Scathing report of some of the things that led up to Geno's fall on draft day, and E.J. Manuel going ahead of him.

As much as I thought that Matt Barkley was overrated last year, I think that the Jets, Bills and Jaguars screwed the pooch by not taking him in the 1st 3 rounds this year. It's hard to not look at EJ Manuel as a gamble at #16 and I think that Geno Smith's bust potential is through the roof.

As a gamble, I like E.J. Manuel. Went awful high...but when you're desperate you've got to force the issue. He notches a lot of what you're looking for, both in the classical sense and in the "new NFL" sense. Kind of unique that way.

But I don't think he or Geno Smith will be great ones at the next level.

Did anyone see the look of contempt that Geno Smith gave Dion Jordan when the Dolphins moved up to select Jordan at #3? Geno was seated at the adjoining table and he was already not impressed to have been overlooked. Little did he know that he would be waiting until the next day for the Jets to take him.
Methinks Geno has a very big opinion of himself. He fails to appreciate that Tavon Austin is so good that he helped Geno looked good at times, by making something out of nothing. I'm looking forward to see if the Jets play him ahead of Sanchez. Need a big locker room to be able to accommodate those egos. (not to forget Rex).

didn't like Smith now that he is a Jet I like him even less

I'll take E.J. Manuel over Geno. Maybe I'll end up wrong. But that's my evaluation.

Hearing that Geno has shown up to training camp in very poor condition. I think I heard the word "disgraceful" used. There was always something about his personality that scared me a little. Everyone else saw this beautiful artist genius. Maybe he is. I'm not seeing that.

He didn't play very well late in the season last year. He needed to stay in school. Always good to see Jet QBs suck!

Back
Top Bottom