Get YOUR $$$$$ UP! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Get YOUR $$$$$ UP!

JCane

Administrator
Club Member
Reaction score
In this thread, we GAMBLE. Anyone who sticks around me long enough knows that I'm a bit of a gambling degenerate. So this is what I have right now (subject to change) for week four.

North Carolina State +8.5
Washington State +22
South Carolina +3
Florida -14
Air Force -14

Arkansas +7...eh, dangerous but enticing.
modify_inline-1.gif
Que tu sabes d'eso?

I'm looking for someone to either talk me into or out of that Arkansas line. Awsi Dooger...whatcha know?

Bowling Green +24.5
Florida -14
Oregon State +17
all look solid

I wouldnt bet on the Bama/Arkansas game but if I had to Id put money on Bama. JMO.

Oooooh I might be going Boise State -17. Boise State is VERY well coached and they know they have to bring their A game and they need STYLE POINTS to have a shot at this title.

Oooooh I might be going Boise State -17. Boise State is VERY well coached and they know they have to bring their A game and they need STYLE POINTS to have a shot at this title.
I dunno man. They are well coached but they beat VT by like 3, and VT isnt all that. I just think its more likely to to a close game than a blowout.

As for Bowling Green, I honestly havent watched them play a down. I just know that Michigans D is horrible and they should be able to put up enough points to cover.

Virginia Tech is much more physical than Oregon State is going to be with Boise State. I knew if Boise State could jump out big early they would have a shot at holding Virginia Tech off late. And you seen how worn and beaten that Bronco team was late in the game. They can't tolerate big physcial teams. That's why they wouldn't cut it in BCS conferences where they have to face big physical teams week in and week out.

Damn Bama is only a 7 point favorite? I definitely would lean towards Bama on this one, even if it is in Arkansas.

I'm leaning towards Oregon State, I dunno, 17 points is quite a bit, and the Rodgers boys are waiting to explode in front of everybody and what better way than to beat Boise on the blue turf. Even if they don't win, 17 points to lose by seems like alot.

Florida -14 seems like a sure thing. In the swamp, I mean they haven't even played great football yet . . . they breakout this game.

Arkansas +7...eh, dangerous but enticing.
modify_inline-1.gif
Que tu sabes d'eso?

I'm looking for someone to either talk me into or out of that Arkansas line. Awsi Dooger...whatcha know?

Not much opinion on that Alabama game. I look for vulnerable teams to pick on. Neither of those teams fits the bill. For one thing, I like to compare value to the most recent week. If someone didn't have Alabama against a soft pushover like Duke, I don't see how they could take them against Arkansas. It works in reverse also. Unless someone had Arkansas against flawed Georgia, I wouldn't go overboard and expect similar against Alabama.

I've seen many threads on college football sites projecting the game to be a shoot out. It doesn't work that way. Even if Alabama's defense was less than dominant last week, they'll be prepared for Arkansas. Top programs don't surrender big points. I used to clean up using that theory with the Canes, then USC. Alabama is 3rd in the country in YPPA defense at 4.3. Arkansas is 75th at 7.2. The national champ always finishes in the Top 10 in that category. You'll never hear the mainstream media mention that. It's a great bottom line reference point. Way back in 1983 I knew the Canes were legit because they led the nation in YPPA allowed at 5.3.

Best of luck on your picks. I'm still stubbornly trying to decipher the PGA head to head matchups on the Tour Championship. I prefer 4 days of torture, not 3 hours. :D

Hint: driving distance and putting.

I definitely picked on Duke and and Georgia last week lol. Those jumped out real quick but then Arkansas tried to give it away. Interesting stuff this YPPA...

Four days instead of three hours...you're a trooper my man lol.

I definitely picked on Duke and and Georgia last week lol. Those jumped out real quick but then Arkansas tried to give it away. Interesting stuff this YPPA...

Four days instead of three hours...you're a trooper my man lol.

Take Bama with the 7...
Saban has been working on a surprise
for Mr. Mallett.
Remeber this name CJ Mosley.
We haven't blitzed a LB yet this year.

Alabama -7 seems like a gift from god..

Arkansas didnt look too good against Georgia last week..

Alabama is a well oiled machine right now IMO

The Bama line is good.

I'd go with VT +2 against BC
Temple +15 against Penn State
Fresno +2.5 against Ole Miss
Marshall +6 against Ohio
Oregon -10.5 against Arizona State

I wouldnt bet against Alabama anytime this year. But, I wouldnt bet on them this week. Im staying away from that game. Ryan Mallett is a beast and those newer Bama defenders will get their first real test this week. If I had to bet on it, I take Bama of course, but I cant **** with that line. Bama is clearly the best team in the country but, its certainly possible to drop a game or two playing in the SEC.

How sick is Bama's offense though. McElroy is solid as a college QB playing in his 12th season. Their RBs might be the best 2 in the country. Julio is a ****ing animal that will be a good NFL receiver. And their other 3 receivers are solid too. They have playmakers everywhere with a seasoned QB. Its going to be tough to beat them. If they played in any other conference, they go undefeated without any challenge. Hell, they might do that anyway.

And I just have to say this.............the Canes blow.

Back
Top Bottom