Getting to know Charles Harris | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Getting to know Charles Harris

Lets see here:

Durability: Started every game as a Junior and Senior
High character: Unlikely you will ever have to worry about this kid off the field
Room to improve/Less Wear and Tear: Just started playing football his Junior year of high school.
Tape: Doesn't lie . . . Has shown to be arguably the best pass rusher in the entire draft.
Hard worker: He wants this and will do everything he can to get it. Put him around Wake and enjoy.

He is everything you could want at 22 and I just find it funny that people are up in arms about this pick because it isn't a sexy name like a Troubled Alabama LB or a combine warrior from KState or another OL.

If u are beating New England you better get Brady to the ground. Nobody can do it better than this guy day 1.

Refreshing coming off the polar opposite pick in Dion Jordan.

Good job FO.

Totally agree. I really think he will emerge as the best pass rusher from this draft. You can see that he has a lot of technique as well, plus his first step is quick.

Yes, he is a work in progress in the run game. Probably would have been a top 10 pick if he was better in that regard.

I am not so quick to say he is not good against the run. I believe he struggled early in the season in a different scheme but came on later.

If you watch the LSU game for example, LSU ran for 1,000 yards that day but not on Harris. He did a really good job stacking and holding his gap. The one play they ran big on his side I still say he did his job, held the edge and turned the back inside unfortunately there was absolutely nobody there to make the stop.

Is he going to be able to stay healthy? Both labrums gave been surgically repaired and that is often a long term problem for guys who had shoulder surgery.

I dont think this is correct, is it? I thought that was Allen that had the torn labrums.

"Take a chance on me or I'll make you pay."

[video=youtube;Q1lb7Qj7s5k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1lb7Qj7s5k[/video]

Watch the tape again. He was responsible for a few big runs by not reading and recognizing the play quick enough
They can teach him but let's be honest with ourselves now

I only know what i've read/heard about the guy, but when we drafted him and they show those pre recorded mug shots of him.....I was thinking man this guy wants to eat my children - that can only be a good thing for a pass rusher.

I know for a fact that some members on this forum won't watch this because they've already made up their mind on Harris, and blindly think that the guy you're getting day 1 is the same guy that you're getting in year 2, 3, etc.

Watch the tape again. He was responsible for a few big runs by not reading and recognizing the play quick enough
They can teach him but let's be honest with ourselves now

I'm by know means an expert but here is what I saw;

:45 LSU ran left outside for about 10 yards.

Harris got pinned inside but he had a LB outside of him on the line that I'm thinking had contain responsibilities.

1:00 LSU ran middle for 4 yards

The play looked like it was supposed to go off tackle but Harris got penetration, back cut back inside.

1:26 LSU runs middle for 5 yards

Out of the I, again looked like it was going off tackle, Harris held his gap and the back cut inside.

1:35 LSU runs left off tackle for 6 yards

Harris got caught upfield and the back cut inside him. I'll give you this one but again I suggest that his job is to force the back inside.

1:40 LSU Runs up the middle for 45 yard TD

LSU ran nearly the identical off left tackle play 3 times in a row. Harris got early penetration and darn near got the back for a loss. Once again, cutback, gone.

2:45 Off left tackle for 2 yards

They try it again, Harris holds his gap while being double teamed.

3:55 Off left tackle for 2 yards

Harris holds his gap, although not particularly well, finally someone else is there for the cutback.

4:25 Off left tackle for 2 yards

Harris holds the gap, reads, sheds, makes the tackle.

I'm stopping there as I believe the rest of the game they got nothing out of running at Harris.

I'm not even really trying to defend the guy, I don't love the pick, but reading this board and everyone saying how bad he is against the run I went and looked for myself. He's not great but I think he is a lot better than what is being said.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/charles-harris-vs-lsu-2016/

[video=youtube;KplUpPUImmM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KplUpPUImmM[/video]

[video=youtube;jg_7Y-evjsY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg_7Y-evjsY[/video]

Back
Top Bottom