Giants in need of RB. Interested in trade for D. Thomas | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Giants in need of RB. Interested in trade for D. Thomas

The only way I'd do this is if the pick is high enough to be flipped for a move tight end, and there was a free agent back available who could provide much better depth than Gillislee or Gray. Otherwise you stand pat with Thomas IMO.

I think at this point we're over the hump where we'd want to weaken the team personnel-wise to obtain picks. We're not in that phase of rebuilding anymore.

He was injured last year too. He is an injury prone player. He is good, but its unfortunate he probably wont last long in the league

He has been nothing special and is definately not a starting back in the league. When he is averaging 3.6 and the other backs are always averaging much better esp with alot more carries then its a sign he is not really doing a good job.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

The only way I'd do this is if the pick is high enough to be flipped for a move tight end, and there was a free agent back available who could provide much better depth than Gillislee or Gray. Otherwise you stand pat with Thomas IMO.

I think at this point we're over the hump where we'd want to weaken the team personnel-wise to obtain picks. We're not in that phase of rebuilding anymore.

I think he is worth keeping because running back is a big question this year for us but we are not getting anything higher than a 4th.

I would take Thomas over ANYTHING the Giants would be willing to offer. But yeah, Gillislee and Gray proved they're far superior.....hahahaha

I KNOW that you're trying to be clever, but you stink at it! I/m/o, the TRUTH is that your comment, w/o sarcasm, is right on the money!!! GRAY's the power HB that MIAMI hasn't had in a long time: I now think that we won't see failed successive runs on 3rd and 4th Down, trying to pick up a yard/less-than-one (remember those, Dolfans?), for a long time. GILLISLEE (sp?) looks like an all-around HB. And DT i/m/o has ceased to be mediocre-or-worse. He looks solid and he is playing "hungry". GILLISLEE and DT are i/m/o BOTH capable of being solid, all-around HBs, and in today's NFL you're wise to have TWO. DT seems to have "arrived", as an NFL HB. Who'd'a thunk it, right? A "success story" so long in the making! But there it is, and DT shouldn't be traded for peanuts: if I was in charge, I might not trade him AT ALL!!! But the price better be high, and NOT "peanuts"! It's a 3rd and a 7th or forget it. I'm originally from NYC, and have many GIANTS memories (DANG YOU, FRANK GIFFORD!). I've still followed them (sort of my "back-up" NFL Team) since I moved to Hollywood, FL., and I KNOW that they would LOVE to get DT: he'd fit their system like a glove, or maybe an expensive and expensively tailored BROOKS BROTHERS Suit. And in spite of my lingering memories of growing up a NYG fan, I'm a DOLFAN now, 1000%. So, either the GIANTS ante-up, or it's no go. From what I've seen of DT of late, I secretly HOPE that it IS a "no go"...and that MIAMI's HBs going into CLEVELAND are MILLER, GRAY/THOMAS, THOMAS/GRAY, and GILLISLEE, in that order. And i/m/o, FORGET THE P/S for either of GRAY and GILLISLEE. If MIAMI tried to hide either, or both, on the P/S, they'll be GONE before the ink is dry on the "paperwork"!!! They've "shown" too much.

We don't owe ANYBODY a living--at least that's how I see it!

THIGPEN, i/m/o, costs us too much for his roster spot. While he IS a pretty good and reliable KR, i/m/o he stinks as a PR, and he has shown next-to-nothing as a true HB/anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
u don't give up on the guy already... remember how good he was before he got injured? he'd hit the hole harder than kanye with Kim

Wow.... Epic fail my friend.... Epic fail

Back
Top Bottom