Go get Rex Ryan | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go get Rex Ryan

So we've been running a 4-3 defense for how many years......how's that worked for us? Imho, we need a change. Perhaps a switch to a 3-4 would be good. After all, its what we ran in the late 70s and 80s.
I have no problem with Ryan as a DC. Maybe, just maybe, he's humbled a bit and would be happy taking the position. He could work it for a few years, then possibly be a HC again (albeit not with us).

Because the time and money it would take to rebuild the entire defense to a 3-4 most posters on this forum would be screaming for heads after 8 games of year 1

And you don’t think our defense needs to be rebuilt as it is? Lol

So we've been running a 4-3 defense for how many years......how's that worked for us? Imho, we need a change. Perhaps a switch to a 3-4 would be good. After all, its what we ran in the late 70s and 80s.
I have no problem with Ryan as a DC. Maybe, just maybe, he's humbled a bit and would be happy taking the position. He could work it for a few years, then possibly be a HC again (albeit not with us).

Lol, our defense has been working out amazing for everyone else.

We've got enough internal issues without adding over-promising, under-performing, nepotistic-failed brother-hiring, Peter Principle'd-out, bloviating toe-suckers to the mix. (but otherwise it's a fine idea)

I get the whole "No Jets Trash", but realistically I have no problem with coach, player, scout or anyone else who helps us win. Its pretty narrow minded not to be open to the discussion. Take Bowles for instance . Who here wouldn't take him if he became available? I want Miami to win, I would hope Ross wants Miami to win and would do anything to achieve that goal. I am starting to wonder if Gase is ready, but I'll give him through next year. I don't know if we should draft a QB as our scouting department seems to suck and if they pulled the trigger on a sure thing, our current coaches would find a way to screw him up.

I'd take him over what we have as DC for sure. If the jest get rid of Bowles, I'd take him first as DC. The jest team is playing well on D.

Back
Top Bottom