Good Coaches VS Bad Coaches | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good Coaches VS Bad Coaches

The ability to make adjustments during a game and the ability to fit the offensive and defensive schemes to the abilities of the players is what makes a good coach.Shula was good at it.He first won couple of SBs using a ball control offense and then went to the passing game to utilize Marinos abilities.

On the other hand Dave tries to fit square pegs into round holes playerwise and underutilizes several players such as Konrad,Minor and the TEs.Dave has not shown an ability to make adjustments during a game and is throughly predictable for other teams to anticipate.Remember his philosophy is to keep the game close until the 4th qtr.(That system only works if you dont make mistakes and dont comit penalties).

Due to rules changes this year many teams are going to the 4,5 WR sets.With all the DBs we have in camp we should be able to defend against it.However nothing has been done to take advantage of these rule changes on offense.

I am not saying Dave is a bad coach.Its just that he is too predictable and conservative for todays game.

you guys are just ****ed up...if Jay Fiedler led the league in passing yards...broke some qb's records and won the league MVP award you would still bash him...(im not saying he is but im just making a point)

Talk about been defensive .Admiral ,you are off the subject matter.Topic is difference between good and bad coaches.

We need to realize some Head Coaches jobs are totally different. Dave doesn't call the plays, either offense or defense, like some coaches do. I don't want to make this comparison, but look at Dave Campo the old cowboys coach. If you watched the HBO series about their training camp, this guy looked lost in terms of the offensive and defensive scheme. Campo's job as a head coach was to be the intermediary between the team and the media, and to get the players focused and ready to play. Dave's is kinda similar, but I do think he has a little input into gameplaning. Don't blame Wannstedt for not getting Konrad the ball because he's not the one calling plays, blame Norv. Each coaches situation is totally different in terms of responsibilites and involvement.

midwest phinfan ur junior sig is weird looking. seau looks like a big dirty mexican and not a hispanic/latin athlete. the mustache does it all. sorry that was off subject. but anywho i dont think highly of dave. hes too soft. but this just may be the year that dave finally coaches for his life. the chance of getting fired and an improved staff will help him greatly who knows maybe the 2004 dave will be a different man.

Shula did both. Changed his scheme and brought in players to help whatever scheme he had going at the time.

gunn34 said:
Shula did both. Changed his scheme and brought in players to help whatever scheme he had going at the time.
Except the running game and defense during the Marino era. They didn't have a 1,000 yard back and the defense ranked in the top 10 in point and yards only one season.

Back
Top Bottom