Good News On Tunsil! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good News On Tunsil!

To be clear, I don't think Tunsil has been bad at all at LT. All the players along the line are very inconsistent. James had a poor outing last Sunday I thought, but looked like a Pro Bowler for a couple of weeks prior.

If all of them played up to their potential and as a unit, we wouldn't need this conversation. But we are clearly weak on the interior, in terms of getting push and moving the pocket cohesively in the run game, plus keeping the pocket interior clean in the passing game.

Tunsil would shore that up for us and if Jesse Davis can do what he did against the Jets for a few weeks more, the unit suddenly looks a little more cohesive.

I think it's much more likely that Tunsil stays where he is and they wait for Larsen to plug into LG, to see if they have something better with him. But if Larsen isn't ready for Balt and the Raiders, we should look at all means to get some interior solidity.

it's

also a root cause of our qb's taking lumps too

Oh settle down. He's allowed two sacks. One more than Jesse Davis with far more snaps. Seems you already made up your mind about Tunsil.

Tunsil needs to stay put at LT for about a decade. He'll be in Pro Bowls down the road imo. This team could use a healthy Ted Larsen, I'd like to see what he brings to the table.

I mean moving Tunsil away from LT is probably 2017's worst suggestion. I would seriously try Pouncey at guard and Brendal at Center before moving Tunsil . . . And Pouncey wasn't good at guard but that shows you how against moving Tunsil I am.

And I have slammed his play this year, especially early on.

He's as athletically skilled as anybody playing the position. His issues, from afar, seem mental related, but he is making gains everyweek and he is readjusting to the position.

He'll be fine

I mean moving Tunsil away from LT is probably 2017's worst suggestion. I would seriously try Pouncey at guard and Brendal at Center before moving Tunsil . . . And Pouncey wasn't good at guard but that shows you how against moving Tunsil I am.

And I have slammed his play this year, especially early on.

He's as athletically skilled as anybody playing the position. His issues, from afar, seem mental related, but he is making gains everyweek and he is readjusting to the position.

He'll be fine

Probably helps that he doesn't have a cokehead managing his development now.

you need a bigger body of work from jesse davis at left tackle before you start making any permanent line changes. left tackle pass pro was solid vs the jets in an obvious must pass setting but he got one snap at right tackle and cutler got smashed helmet to helmet

activate the extra ot in sam young on a short week and show them something they haven't seen from us on tape...it may work for a half before they adjust...and in this game points are likely gonna be at a premium.

Using LT first round pick Jake Long as the logical comparison, the expectation for many including myself was that Tunsil would immediately make a difference like Jake, especially with a year on the OL under his belt.

Maybe Jake's impact was too ambitious a standard to set; with Tunsil and his gradual improvement, we probably should ratchet down our original expectations and just be gratified by the noticeable progress.

you need a bigger body of work from jesse davis at left tackle before you start making any permanent line changes. left tackle pass pro was solid vs the jets in an obvious must pass setting but he got one snap at right tackle and cutler got smashed helmet to helmet

activate the extra ot in sam young on a short week and show them something they haven't seen from us on tape...it may work for a half before they adjust...and in this game points are likely gonna be at a premium.
Dunno about anyone else, but I'm not talking permanent. I'm talking sticking plaster till we know what we have in Larsen post-injury.

To be clear, I don't think Tunsil has been bad at all at LT. All the players along the line are very inconsistent. James had a poor outing last Sunday I thought, but looked like a Pro Bowler for a couple of weeks prior.

If all of them played up to their potential and as a unit, we wouldn't need this conversation. But we are clearly weak on the interior, in terms of getting push and moving the pocket cohesively in the run game, plus keeping the pocket interior clean in the passing game.

Tunsil would shore that up for us and if Jesse Davis can do what he did against the Jets for a few weeks more, the unit suddenly looks a little more cohesive.

I think it's much more likely that Tunsil stays where he is and they wait for Larsen to plug into LG, to see if they have something better with him. But if Larsen isn't ready for Balt and the Raiders, we should look at all means to get some interior solidity.

Larsen isn't eligible this week against Baltimore. Earliest he can come back is next week vs. the Raiders but considering he was allowed to start practicing last week and couldn't go, I'm not overly optimistic. They said last week he was close, but he will need at least a full week of practice before he gets into a game.

Larsen isn't eligible this week against Baltimore. Earliest he can come back is next week vs. the Raiders but considering he was allowed to start practicing last week and couldn't go, I'm not overly optimistic. They said last week he was close, but he will need at least a full week of practice before he gets into a game.
Thx, I thought it was this week.

Im glad, however, Moore played very good even with him gone last game. I want Tunsil in don't get me wrong, but Matt gets rid of the ball faster than Jay and can scramble better than him too. The two together is good for the o-line.

Thursday night can't get here soon enough.

People will hate me for saying this, but there's a strong argument (regardless of Steen) for putting Davis at LT and Tunsil at LG. I think Tunsil has been doing pretty OK at LT, but I just think that helps our interior get some better push and solidifies against the interior pass rush/blitzes that have been hurting us.

I wouldn't want Tunsil to feel like it was a demotion or a permanent thing. But it might be our best lineup

I personally don't think anyone should hate you for that, it would make Miami's O-line the best it has all year.

Though I like, and believe in Tunsil eventually at L-Tackle, to this point,he was a better L-guard, then Tackle, and considering how solid Davis is looking at L-tackle, I would love that lineup for now.

Using LT first round pick Jake Long as the logical comparison, the expectation for many including myself was that Tunsil would immediately make a difference like Jake, especially with a year on the OL under his belt.

Maybe Jake's impact was too ambitious a standard to set; with Tunsil and his gradual improvement, we probably should ratchet down our original expectations and just be gratified by the noticeable progress.

Jake Long was one of the most dominant linemen out of the gate Ive seen in 40+ years of watching football. He's probably not a fair standard. Such a crushing gut shot to us that injuries derailed him.

Back
Top Bottom