NFL Network Report on Tua's Contract Extension | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network Report on Tua's Contract Extension

Does Tua sign a new deal and for how much a year?

• Yes 30-35 mil a year

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Yes 35-40 mil a year

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Yes 40-45 mil a year

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Yes above 45 mil a year

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • No plays out 5th year to bet on himself

Votes: 27 24.8%

• Total voters

DolphinsTalk

Active Roster
Reaction score
Both sides want the extension done by training camp or the start of the regular season
Tua is coming off a career-best season in completion %, TDs and yards, is in the market for Joe Burrow like contract at or above $55 mill per season

Video in the link below

He’s clearly had a better career than Herbert. Burrow basically missed 2 seasons and besides the one Super Bowl run, Tua’s been better than burrow and hurts so why wouldn’t he be paid like other qbs in his draft class. I know it seems like a lot but that’s the going rate for a qb. We would be able to get out of the deal after 2 years if things fall apart

I’m not doing it for that kind of money.

I love the kid but I’m not paying him like a guy who can carry a team to a title. I’m willing to pay him like a guy who is a strong part of the equation to a title.

If he’s worth that kind of money in a contract extension, he must be worth that kind of value in a trade too. And if that’s the case, I’m exploring the historic compensation the Bears are seeking.

Again, I love Tua but I’m not going to pretend his stats put him into an elite category that he’s just outside of.

I’d rather play out the fifth year then be near the top of the pay spectrum.

Last edited:
Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

He’s clearly had a better career than Herbert. Burrow basically missed 2 seasons and besides the one Super Bowl run, Tua’s been better than burrow and hurts so why wouldn’t he be paid like other qbs in his draft class. I know it seems like a lot but that’s the going rate for a qb. We would be able to get out of the deal after 2 years if things fall apart

What are you basing his clearly better career start than Herbert, on?

we have no say on how much he gets but I'll say this......I like Tua and feel he should get an extension but people need to understand something here.....the more you give Tua, the less money for other players.........Think about the roster we had this season......we couldn’t win the division and we didn’t win a playoff game.....if Tua couldn’t win with the players we had, should we expect him to win with less talent around him?

I know we had injuries but that playoff loss we were only missing Williams at center.....everyone else played and our offense laid an egg and scored no points in the 2nd half for the second week in a row. When you pay a QB 50mill per season then you're banking on that QB to find ways to win regardless of the players around him or I should say, might have to win with less talent around him cause there's not enough money to go around under the cap.

Whatever they decide to do I will root for the team to win and hope for the best but it is imo a legitimate concern to wonder if we can win with less talent than what we had this season

How is that a "report"????? Mike knows about as much about the inner workings of the Dolphins as Janeane . Mission accomplished, he'll get clicks for thowing poo against the wall and everybody is all stirred up because he "reported" the Dolphins are going to pay Tua $55 mm per......

Janeane Garofalo / Aesthetic 90s Style Fan Design - Janeane Garofalo -  Sticker | TeePublic

People that hope Tua is going to leave money on the table are hilarious to me. Remember Tua keeps receipts…

Ross tried to replace Tua with Watson up till the 2021 trade deadline and then again with Brady before 2022 season.

Last year, ownership bet against him staying healthy and didn’t give him an extension after 2022 like his other QB peers from the same draft class.

He’s coming for Ross’ money and generational wealth for his family. If they can’t agree on an extension for $50+M, you better believe Tua will sit out imo.

Back
Top Bottom