NFL Network Report on Tua's Contract Extension | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network Report on Tua's Contract Extension

Does Tua sign a new deal and for how much a year?

• Yes 30-35 mil a year

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Yes 35-40 mil a year

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Yes 40-45 mil a year

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Yes above 45 mil a year

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • No plays out 5th year to bet on himself

Votes: 27 24.8%

• Total voters
Doubtful he gets that much, just one guy with verbal diarrhea, no basis behind it. Love Tua but not for 50+. I’m around 5 year 210-230 around 160 guaranteed.

Daniel Jones and Stafford are getting $40mm. Like it or not, I'm guessing that's the floor.

I think the decision making will improve with a better offensive line and added talent on offense.
but how do you have a better OL and "added talent" to the offense with way less money to spend? and if he needs a better OL and more added talent around him then, is he really that good?

not arguing here but again, can he put the team on his shoulders and win playoff games or is he a part of the offense that could win playoff games as long as he gets a lot of help around him?

People that hope Tua is going to leave money on the table are hilarious to me. Remember Tua keeps receipts…

Ross tried to replace Tua with Watson up till the 2021 trade deadline and then again with Brady before 2022 season.

Last year, ownership bet against him staying healthy and didn’t give him an extension after 2022 like his other QB peers from the same draft class.

He’s coming for Ross’ money and generational wealth for his family. If they can’t agree on an extension for $50+M, you better believe Tua will sit out imo.
He should toss those receipts because they’re not doing him any favors.

3 reporters LIVE ON THE FIELD AT THE SUPER BOWL who work for the NFL Network aren't qualified? LOL

That's a new level of delusion
How does that give them any credibility whatsoever to make a pronunciation of the intentions of the Dolphins regarding Tua's contract? They work for the NFL, not the Dolphins. Their job as talking heads/Twatter peeps is to drive clicks . Mission accomplished, Janeane Garofolo's bald little brother just got himself 20,000 more Twatter followers for throwing a bunch of shite about Tua at the TV screen . Did you pay attention to what was said? Did you hear anything citing a source within the Dolphins organization saying a $55 mm per year contract is imminent? No, you did not. Stop feeding the narrative FFS

Daniel Jones and Stafford are getting $40mm. Like it or not, I'm guessing that's the floor.

Which is perfectly fine I’m okay with up to around 46ish. 5 year 230 with 180 guaranteed. Puts him around 6th highest paid and 5th most guaranteed.

Still amazes me that some how Daniel Jones got $40M per season.

Thats still Bananas to me.
It's simply supply and demand. Some of the QBs rolled out last year were just putrid. Guys like Mac, Pickett, the guy in Atlanta, even the 1st overall pick in Carolina. So even having the 1st pick doesn't guarantee you of getting a competent QB. So, when you have a guy that is competent or at least might be that guy, the move has to be to pay them.

This issue is above everyone’s pay grade except Grier. McD will have a say. Otherwise, leave it be. Interesting but unproductive.

Hoping Grier finds a good path forward. He will.

Aren’t Herberts stats better?

Along with all those talented players that missed most of or all of last season?
Nope they are not... In fact the last 2 seasons, Herbert produced a mediocre 93 rating and didn't even break 7 yards per pass attempts... Myth busted, his record is right in line with his passing production.

Passing production costs alot of money because it's really hard to find, Fins fan should know this by now... You can micro examine why they shouldn't do it because of many narratives right or wrong, it's not going to matter in the end... When a QB gets a rating over 100 and YPAs over 8 yards in back to back years, you simply have to pay up, the odds of getting better production are heavily stacked against you. Is what it is...

None of the info that came out this morning is even news. The next QB in line to get paid almost always resets the market, the structure and gtd money is all that matters. I expect a healthy signing bonus up front that is spread out over the entirety of the contract and low annually salaries the first couple years. It is entirely possible to have a contract structured for 5 years and 290 million with a cap hit of less than 15 year one and less then 25 year two. Grier will build in an out after year two or year 3 or at least build in flexible restructures.

Ross has deep pockets folks and is willing to pay the cash whenever we need to do this contract magic. Don't be one of these people outrage over an AAV of $57 million and take it at face value, the details are all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom