NFL Network Report on Tua's Contract Extension | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network Report on Tua's Contract Extension

Does Tua sign a new deal and for how much a year?

• Yes 30-35 mil a year

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Yes 35-40 mil a year

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Yes 40-45 mil a year

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Yes above 45 mil a year

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • No plays out 5th year to bet on himself

Votes: 27 24.8%

• Total voters
We'll see what the numbers are. But I'd have to imagine what makes sense is in the following ranking, AFC side:

1) Mahommes
2) Allen
3) Jackson
4) Burrow
5).,...Tua somewhere here
6) Herbert

Still amazes me that some how Daniel Jones got $40M per season.

Thats still Bananas to me.
He won a road playoff game and in that season only threw 5 INTs in the regular season. That's why. And $40 mill is like "low money" for a starting QB with the pay scale going up

I’m not doing it for that kind of money.

I love the kid but I’m paying him like a guy who can carry a team to a title. I’m willing to pay him like a guy who is a strong part of the equation to a title.

If he’s worth that kind of money in a contract extension, he must be worth that kind of value in a trade too. And if that’s the case, I’m exploring the historic compensation the Bears are seeking.

Again, I love Tua but I’m not going to pretend his stats put him into an elite category that he’s just outside of.

I’d rather play out the fifth year then be near the top of the pay spectrum.
I was hoping it would be closer to $40 million per year, but I guess that's the going rate.

I have a few concerns about Tua, but also think he hasn't quite reached his ceiling yet. My biggest concern is if that "sneaky" athletic ability will return, or if the bulked up, less athletic Tua is what we get moving forward? I think the decision making will improve with a better offensive line and added talent on offense.

All in all, Tua is the best quarterback the Dolphins have had since Marino. I think the team can win with him. He's not Mahomes, but Tua's put up really good numbers in McDaniel's offense.

Still amazes me that some how Daniel Jones got $40M per season.

Thats still Bananas to me.

People get wrapped up in the per year. He only got like 90 million guaranteed which is all he’ll ever see. You can get Tua in the same 40 million range however the difference in Tua and Jones is probably that same 4 year 160 jones got is fully guaranteed.

Back
Top Bottom