Grading last years draft.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grading last years draft....

I'll give it a D because three of our draft picks didn't play for most of the season one got cut and Daunte was injured.

You're totally right, except I think your being too leniant saying Hagan and Allen show "promise". Aweful draft, after an exceptional one.

It's way too son to judge this year's draft. Jason Allen held out too long. It prevented him from being able to learn a very complex defensive scheme. Even our veteran players said it took them a year to learn what they were doing. It's too bad that this happened, but it did. Allen will be a starter next year, and then we'll have a much better idea of him as a player.

Rookie WR can have a difficult time making an impact in the NFL. They get by on pure athleticism at the college level. In the NFL, they need to learn technique. And they need to learn to read a defense because of all the option routes used by current offenses. And, we have two WR who have been to Pro Bowls, and Welker, who excelled. We also didn't go to 4-wide much because of the issues we had protecting the passer. Hagan still has plenty of time to develop into Booker's eventual replacement.

Joe Toledo was competing for a starting job when he got hurt.

Fred Evans was great in the pre-season. And in his first regular season action, he got very good, consistent penetration against Indy.

And the wildcard to the whole thing is Rodrigue Wright. This is a guy who had first round talent. He can be a major impact player.

A year from now, we may think very differently about this draft. Remember last year when everyone thought Matt Roth was a huge bust? Now, everyone is excited by how many plays he made as a part-time player. Give it time.

Some teams play their 1st rounders because they have no other option. It also depends on the HC. Saban didn't appear to give a lot of playing time to rookies.

tell me why would a team who started 1-5 and then had no shot of making the playoffs not play any of there young guys..thats falls on the hc...there no reason evans,allen,vick,hagans should of not seen more playing time...

It's impossible to rate a draft until 3-5 years out. Players develop at a different pace, and some players start later due to existing team strengths.

Allen showed promise ? your kidding right...this guy was getting beat out by Hill who stunk and then go ran over by Manning in the last game of the season and then a few days before that game has the nerve to say he is still learning the playbook..hagans is nice wr but we should of drafted Holmes instead and the rest r a bunch of bums...Maybe Evans might help but the grade is a F

We should have drafted Holmes instead? Why compare a WR that went in the first round to one that went in the third?

We should have drafted Holmes instead? Why compare a WR that went in the first round to one that went in the third?

the point i was trying to make is holmes is a speedster.this team has not 1 wr who can catch the ball and take off like holmes.all im trying to say is that the pick would of been better used on holmes then allen

I think the Rod Wright pick was very good in the 7th. He has huge potential and originally had a first round grade. I like Fred Evans too but knew nothing of him until we drafted him. Hagan has big upside. As for Allen I think we should have gone Greenway, Carpenter, Lawson, Mangold.

the point i was trying to make is holmes is a speedster.this team has not 1 wr who can catch the ball and take off like holmes.all im trying to say is that the pick would of been better used on holmes then allen

We will have a shot at his much much faster teamate Ginn should he declare.

The more I hear about and see Ted Ginn, the more I like him. He could be a real threat in the kick return game. And his outstanding speed should stretch the defense and help out the other Wrs.

do u think ginn is there at # 9 and if so would u pick him knowing we may need help at OL more or perhaps russell there wich i know is a long shot since he will be taken by the raiders from what peter king said earlier...

Back
Top Bottom