Grading Miami's Undrafted Free-Agent Haul | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grading Miami's Undrafted Free-Agent Haul

Hey, it's way too early to give a grade to our UDFA class. But there are some I'm interested in seeing, and most of those guys aren't even mentioned. DE/LB Praise Martin-Oguike, LB Chase Allen, WR Francis Owusu and OL Eric Smith. Those are guys I'll be excited to see whether they can show something. At a minimum I'm hoping they can make the practice squad.

I remember a YouTube interview with Isa Abdul-Quddus mentioning how 20% of the league are UDFA's. I'm fuzzy on the number, but I knew it made me say Damn at the time.

Point is these guys are not to be dismissed.

That said, we are well into the dog days when these type articles get lazily jerked out/on...

I agree it's a strange article in that none of the players mentioned will likely make the team. A couple could end up on the practice squad, but that's probably their "ceiling" in year one. I bet the running back, DeVeon Smith, makes the practice squad.

I think the player with the best chance to make the 53-man roster is Praise Martin-Ogulke. My guess is he's the only FA that makes the 53. If there's a second, I'd say the Eric Smith on the offensive line.

I remember a YouTube interview with Isa Abdul-Quddus mentioning how 20% of the league are UDFA's. I'm fuzzy on the number, but I knew it made me say Damn at the time.

Point is these guys are not to be dismissed.

That said, we are well into the dog days when these type articles get lazily jerked out/on...

Agreed, not sure who said this but on any given Sunday 20% to 50% of the OL-men are UDFA. I'm sure this has to do with injuries more than any other position group.

I agree it's a strange article in that none of the players mentioned will likely make the team. A couple could end up on the practice squad, but that's probably their "ceiling" in year one. I bet the running back, DeVeon Smith, makes the practice squad.

I think the player with the best chance to make the 53-man roster is Praise Martin-Ogulke. My guess is he's the only FA that makes the 53. If there's a second, I'd say the Eric Smith on the offensive line.
Agreed. Look for holes on our team and then look for solutions to fix them. The areas the writer covered on wide recievers and running backs are the strength of this team. So why write about them unless you are unaware of whats going on which appears to be the case.

Back
Top Bottom