Great offseason!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great offseason!!!!

Y-TownPhinVet

35 years and counting
Reaction score
Every year, all the so called experts pick the Fins as a Super bowl contender. This is the first year in many that it is not being predicted as such. :D I always hate reading how good the Fins will be by these a$$hole experts, only to get nowhere. Finally, we have the curse of the media lifted, and can win it all. :lol: The talent is in place, and as many will disagree, the coaching staff, finally is there as well. :rolleyes: This team has finally got some adversity to deal with, rather than getting their butts kissed by the so called experts. I like the changes, especially Norv Turner not being the OC. Don't know if anyone noticed, but after he became the OC, the offense went downhill, and the record showed it (11-5, 11-5 before- 9-7, 10-6 after). That was a bad FO move. We don't have to worry about
the Raiders anytime soon :lol: I like what I'm hearing and seeing at this point, it's about time we had some adversity, it is overdue, and will make the vets play that much better all year. The biggest gain the team made, was losing Turner to the Raiders, and I hope he does well, like 4-12. I've been a Fins Fan since 1970, all the problems that are so overbown by the media and many members of this great site, is nothing more than history about to repeat itself, like it always does :D . Here's to the naysayers :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I'm glad that a lot of folks haven't picked them "to go all the way." Who needs a bloated view to cloud your judgement and expectations? Tackle, score, win.

Great post. I have to say I agree with you on mostly everything. Especially about the media and Norv Turner. I am surrounded by Raider fans where I live and wish nothing but grief for them the whole time Norv is there :Big Grin:

Nice post. Turner did nothing for this team. Since there are no expectations for this team this year by the media and other so called experts, maybe we can sneak up on some teams and win this thing. I think we had some good off season pick ups with boston, james, howard and atkins. Also, Dave knows the heat is on this year, so he should open up the offense. I'm psyched for the season to begin.

I think you qaulify as the media and have just placed the curse back on us, thanks for nothing dude

Good point about Norv. I often thought about how we were more effective with Kippy Brown. Norv blamed the talent just like Gary Stevens did. Last year was the dullest, most vanilla, caretaker offense we've ever had. I really think some new blood like Coach Trestman and Coach Sullivan will be very positive. The unknowns in the mix are O.C. Foerster, Q.B. Feeley and basically the whole O-Line. Coach Wise has his work cut out for him but he's got some talent to build around. Offensive Coordinator is a major crapshoot. I'll be rooting for him and Feeley to deliver the goods.

DolFinatic718 said:
I think you qaulify as the media and have just placed the curse back on us, thanks for nothing dude
734 post and not one is positive...:shakeno:

DolFinatic718 said:

Actually, I work at a hospital, and before that, the USAF. I don't like the media, but they can be of use at times. You may try to purchase a dictionary :lol: . PEACE :cool:

fint0xicated said:
734 post and not one is positive...:shakeno:

Had to laugh :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: , thanks for the moment! Fins will be very good this year, I feel it!! :)

Good post.....Norv needs a strong armed QB, that's what his style requires. He never had that here and he never adapted to Fiedler. It seems it was easier for him to complain about Fiedler....or maybe he was trying to prove a point. Whatever the case, I'm glad he's gone because he wasn't a good fit for our team. However, I think he's gonna kick some serious *** in Oakland. Just a feelin.:)

I'm happy that the Dolphins aren't getting respect in the media this year. The last two years we got more respect than we are this year and it got us no where. Preseason hype does nothing good for the team.

Wade Smiths MRI shows no significant damage. He will be ready to go by training camp!

yea it was a nice change to see that the hype surrounding miami wasn't there this offseason .. i agree the coaching staff should be improved ... with the additions of trestman, sullivan and forrster ... all come with good credentials ... i feel that better play from the whole WR corp and OL will be the difference in getting miami back to the playoffs ... also the additions off howard and poole in the secondary could possible make an even bigger diffence in putting this defense over the top and quit possibly the team in a SB contender role come playoff time ...

Back
Top Bottom