Great offseason!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great offseason!!!!

Gary Miles said:
I like the changes, especially Norv Turner not being the OC. Don't know if anyone noticed, but after he became the OC, the offense went downhill, and the record showed it (11-5, 11-5 before- 9-7, 10-6 after). That was a bad FO move. We don't have to worry about
the Raiders anytime soon :lol:

The level of play on the OL also went downhill each year since 2000. And Jay Fiedler was a square peg in a round hole for Turner's offense. This forced Norv to throw out half of his playbook.

I think the Raiders will be a pretty good team this year, but better next year. Defensively they look to have a few things in place. Offensively, Oakland has a big, deep, and talented OL. But there are three keys IMO.

#1 is whether or not Kerry Collins can get acclimated quickly. Make no mistake, he is "Turner's QB". Big, tough, strong-armed veteran who can get the ball downfield.

#2 is the play at WR. It's time Jerry Porter starts.

#3 is the play at RB. Someone must emerge.

I think Oakland could make some noise. But if they don't, it won't be because of Norv Turner's offense.

You know, this may be on to something. We always have a slow off-season, no big news, no major happenings. People say we look solid and will win it all. Then, we start off strong, falter a little then hit that brick wall at the end with the schedule.

Well, this year we've had an off-season worthy of a 30 minute special, no one will be predicting us to do anything but watch NE and for the first time that i can recall, a soft(er) end schedule.

This might be just what we need to get over our hump. No respect, no expectations, and a good schedule.

Very nice post.

No media pressure, no cold weather schedule:D, and a great new o-line*. I can't wait for the year to start!

*anything would be better thab our old line, so this isn't an overstatement.

Gary Miles said:
As long as it isn't John Kerry, He would keep changing his assignment to make
everyone happy! :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clumpy said:
Who's gonna block? :rofl:

come on clumpy, your o-line is also a BIG ?, and it doesn´t matter how good the reputation from your new OL Coach is, at the end the player´s have to do it on the field and isn´t this the same unit like last year, except for that bears dude....? :nana:

bigmiamifan said:
You know, this may be on to something. We always have a slow off-season, no big news, no major happenings. People say we look solid and will win it all. Then, we start off strong, falter a little then hit that brick wall at the end with the schedule.

Well, this year we've had an off-season worthy of a 30 minute special, no one will be predicting us to do anything but watch NE and for the first time that i can recall, a soft(er) end schedule.

This might be just what we need to get over our hump. No respect, no expectations, and a good schedule.

You absolutely hit the nail on the head buddy. Super post :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom