Great read on Rishard Matthews | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great read on Rishard Matthews

I really like Rishard Matthews as well. Very physical player, which I enjoyed watching. Time to see if Matt Hazel can step up, or draft someone in middle rounds to compete.

I liked Matthews, but he put fear into no pro DB. While he has size going for him, his hands were suspect, and he is just ssllooww off the line.

I am truly glad New England didn't get him. I doubt we miss him because there are so many prospects at WR that we could plug in at the 4th spot but he is definitely a #1 WR who never got his shot to be #1.

I don't think he will get that chance in Tennessee either but if he does he will definitely be productive for them. I can see him getting around 1,000 yards receiving and 5+ touchdowns as a number 1.

I am also glad he didn't go to the Pats, but I disagree that he won't get a chance with the Titans. He will be Mariota's go to receiver and will make a name for himself. Mark my words, he is a class A act. Just as in the article, the author says "Matthews, 26, also averaged better than 15 yards per reception, and just over 50 percent of his targets resulted in first downs, the second-best figure in the league."

Big things for Matthews and it will be a pleasure watching him and Matiota together.

I liked Matthews, but he put fear into no pro DB. While he has size going for him, his hands were suspect, and he is just ssllooww off the line.

CdMbGgUW8AIMJpy.jpg:large

Either Matthews is an elite superstar that hasn't been used or Tannehill is a pretty good qb.

Very true. Matthews is good, but considering how Tannehill was still able to be so productive in Lazar's failure of a scheme and behind that offensive offensive line, the brighter minds on the board know damn well that he is a very good QB.

Curious to see how quickly he picks things up in Tennessee with a new playbook. One of his struggles, which delayed him getting on the field early in his career, was his inability to pick up the offense. It was a concern coming out of college as well.

Being a former Phin, i wish him well.

Matthews is a beast. Stills should not have been starting over him. Philbin screwed this kids career over in Miami.

Really liked Matthews. Very rare to see a 7th round pick turn out to be such a solid player. Wish we knew this 2 seasons ago, but our coaching staff was clueless. Makes you wonder how many others on the bench could've contributed

I believe that Matt Hazel will make is forget about him. He has been on the team, knows the offense, and is ready to contribute. He has better speed than Matthews as well.

I love Rishard. Wish we could've offered him the role that he desired, but we botched it early in his career with clown show Philbin. Unfortunately the term and role he got in Tennessee isn't one that we could really match. He'll do great in Tennessee, we can all be very thankful he isn't a Patriot. Really think that would've been a disaster and he would've been phenomenal there. All the best to him, the mismanagement with him here was laughable.

Back
Top Bottom