Brandon Marshall- 1.35

Other Dolphin seasons:
Landry-1.11 yards per play
Wallace- 1.05
Matthews- 0.64
Gibson- 0.59
Hartline- 0.58
Sims- 0.56
(Stills-1.51 yards on each of his 617 offensive snaps in 2014. Which is better by far than any Dolphin receiver.)

Gibson- 1.41 yards per snap on 252 snaps
Hartline- 1.12 yards per on 907 offensive snaps
Wallace- 0.98 yards per snap on 951 snaps
Matthews- 0.86 yards per on 519 snaps

Hartline- 1.21
Bess- 1.05
Matthews- 0.65 (232 offensive snaps)
M. Moore- 0.59 (196 offensive snaps)

Matthews was my favorite outside of landry.

I still cant believe we let Matthews, Vernon, Miller, and Shelby to go.

Didnt resign a single one of the guys we drafted. And we suck at drafting so aside from a few guys left, we have literally no home grown talent on this team.

Ryan Tannehill had a 120 passer rating throwing to Rishard Matthews this season. Easily the most productive wide receiver we had on the field, if you factor in the fact that he often wound up running dummy routes on plays designed to go to Jarvis Landry right from the snap.

He will be missed.

Average #3 or #4 receiver that you will find on a .500 team. Not a bad guy at all, steady......but very replaceable. A dime a dozen in this league.

Ryan Tannehill had a 120 passer rating throwing to Rishard Matthews this season. Easily the most productive wide receiver we had on the field, if you factor in the fact that he often wound up running dummy routes on plays designed to go to Jarvis Landry right from the snap.

He will be missed.

I remember you pointing out those statistics about Matthews a long time ago. Matthews should have be the #2 receiver for us in this coming season over Stills (#4) with Parker as the #1 and Landry in the slot.

I still cant believe we let Matthews, Vernon, Miller, and Shelby to go.

Didnt resign a single one of the guys we drafted. And we suck at drafting so aside from a few guys left, we have literally no home grown talent on this team.

The 'home grown' talent got us 6 wins last year. Only Miller was the big loss and CJ can replace him just fine.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Last edited by a moderator:
Rishard was devalued in Miami because our WR core is strong. He is a great player and will flourish in Tenn. He is who I regret losing most.

Read the article, as the author gives great insight on Matthew's accomplishments, his mentality and his past.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...shard-matthew-marcus-mariota-oregon/81659550/

He wasn't devalued. He was constantly in the doghouse because he was breaking team rules and made inactive for games because of it. The one year (contract year, surprise surprise) he didn't break any team rules he played a full season.

Honestly IF Matthews played on another team last year and Miami signed him as a FA how excited would you be?

11 games played last year, 43 catches and 4 TD's.

A nice YPC but with a low number of receptions so the stat might be inflated.

Mathews is what he is. A backup receiver. Tennessee won't win games counting on him to deliver consistantly.

Between stonewalling Matthews and insisting that Dallas Thomas needs to start, just another way that Ph*cking Philbin screwed the team and Tannehill.

I liked Matthews, but he put fear into no pro DB. While he has size going for him, his hands were suspect, and he is just ssllooww off the line.

His hands WERE NOT suspect. He caught EVERYTHING that was thrown his way

Matthews is a solid receiver. I always felt comfortable that he was going to deliver and consistency is an underrated attribute. I think what he lacked in separation he made up for by catching balls in tight spaces with physicality. He went and got the ball.

I'll be rooting for him in Tennessee and maybe I'll get lucky with him as a late draft pick in fantasy football.

Maybe the Dolphins didn't think he would catch on to Gase's Offense and chose not to pursue him.

Back
Top Bottom