Greater Short Term Success, or Long Term Playoff Contention? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greater Short Term Success, or Long Term Playoff Contention?

Greater Short Term Success, or Long Term Playoff Contention?

• Give me the best chance at a SB NOW, and worry about the future later

Votes: 36 64.3%
  • Keep building now and hope they turn into a SB contender some day

Votes: 20 35.7%

• Total voters
long term contender...i don't want to be a flash in the pan...i want to be a team that every year is looked at as a contender for the lombardi trophy...everything else sucks

You play to win the game. Why couldn't we do both? Teams like the packers and steelers are always contending. That's where I want to be. Give me the Super Bowl now and the give me more Super Bowls later

Agree

I don't understand the thought peocess one or the other? As a roster this team is a qb, rt, and safety away from winning in the post season. If and I repeaf if Philbin is a good hc! Why cant this team compete now with P. Manning while developing a qb of the future? Hell Jim Caldwell is a pick 6 away from Superbowl Champion with Peyton, but without he is fired!

I say Payton or Flynn. However, we do need a pass catching TE to really compete (IMO Fasano is not that TE).

There is nothing we can do now to ensure a SB. You cant just plug in Peyton Manning and expect a SB, or even a playoff team.

I think the poll would be better worded as "Spend big now for immediate success, or build through the draft for long term success".

Watching teams like Philly and Washington makes you think that free agency isnt the way to go. Teams like Green Bay sign very few free agents, yet they are an annual playoff team.

A lot of people here are missing the point of the question. Again it's all hypothetical, It really doesn't even have anything to do with Peyton Manning either but a lot of people jumped to that conclusion. I mean obviously we all want the team to be competitive Every year and win superbowls, but I just wanted to know if most people would rather have 1 SB win and then see the team struggle or be a playoff contender every year and not win a SB. Let me put it this way... from like 1984 to idk sometime in the 2000's the Phins were a solid team and playoff contender pretty much every year. Looking back on it now would you trade a bunch of those winning seasons for 1 SB?

long term contender...i don't want to be a flash in the pan...i want to be a team that every year is looked at as a contender for the lombardi trophy...everything else sucks

................:up:

Back
Top Bottom