Greatest Campinship Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greatest Campinship Game

HofCityFan

Premium Member
Reaction score
That had to be the best bowl champinship game I've ever seen, I know it was a tuff loss for you Miami fans but you have to admit Ohio State wasn't as big a cupcake as you guys thought. My only wish for that game was the officating of the game was better they miss some calls going both ways

Kudos to OSU... but you might want to put a little asterisk next to that BCS title. While the phantom pass interefernce call wasn't the only reason UM lost (ie: couldn't stop a 4 and 14?!?!?) it was the game clincher. Anyone that says that there isn't an anti-UM bias out there, this is a perfect example of one. How the hell can the ref that is right on top of the play call it a clean play and some nuggett that's far away come and make the call?

Oh well, for the Canes, time to reload and get ready for New Orleans Jan 2004.

I thought that there was contact but if any thing I thought it should of been defensive holding, but that play shouldn't of even happen if the refs call def holding on the 3rd down before OSU had to punt where MIami got the big return. Not once but twice the miami player grab Gamble as he went for the ball but they didn't throw the flag. That why in my post I said I wished the refs had been better. You hate to see a game decided by the refs. As a side note I thought all the Miami player handle themselves pretty well in the news conferences except Winslow, you think that his father would of shown him how to answer questions better than he did poor sportsmanship on his part.

On the replay it showed the official make the signal for defensive holding. Dan Fouts talked about it.

Anyway, Nothing was stolen,

My hat's off to both teams that was the best game I have ever seen.

Originally posted by Angneli
On the replay it showed the official make the signal for defensive holding. Dan Fouts talked about it.

Anyway, Nothing was stolen,

My hat's off to both teams that was the best game I have ever seen.

Ohio State played a great game but to say the ref should'nt have had the MVP of the game award for Ohio State's win is flat out wrong. The play was an obvious no call and the ref didn't even throw the flag till a full 5 seconds after it happened. The same ref has had to send 3 letters of apology letters to universities for major calls he has blown this year and somehow this idiot gets to ref the Natl. championship game?????

It's a shame it had to end that way, but no matter how many people all over the country (except in Ohio of course) point out that call as a major injustice it will never be able to be changed!

So Ohio State congrats and to UM...... please they'll probably be back next year to avenge the loss.

OSU is the college version of last year's NE PATS: charmed. But you know what, it's been about 30 so years since thier last title and it'll probably be a while until the next one while the Canes will be in contention again and again and again.

I have heard that the Will Allen, the guy that had the hit on Willis McGahee, was quoted as saying something to the effect of : "we needed to take him out... we needed to eliminate that part of thier attack... when i saw him hurt, i was jacked..."

Really?

It is supposed to be on MSN but i haven't found it yet.

Up here in Buckeye country I've not heared anything to that effect, Tressel believes in clean hard hitting football, he wouldn't have a player purposely injury another player, and if he found out that was what they were tring to do that player would be on his team very long. If you could find the link please post it, cause there been nothing up here about it.

Originally posted by HofCityFan
Up here in Buckeye country I've not heared anything to that effect, Tressel believes in clean hard hitting football, he wouldn't have a player purposely injury another player, and if he found out that was what they were tring to do that player would be on his team very long. If you could find the link please post it, cause there been nothing up here about it.
:rolleyes:

Here's the quote - "That was crucial," Allen said. "We needed to take him out. We needed to eliminate that part of their offense. I came in with a big shot. When I saw him down, holding his knee, I got hyped. Then I thought about it, and I prayed to God. I prayed for him. He'll be all right."

Here's the link: http://espn.go.com/ncf/bowls02/s/fiesta_osud.html

I don't think the hit was dirty, but man, reading a comment like that gives me chills. I mean, I guess with the adreneline pumping in a game like this, etc., you can say it's human to be excited when the opposing team's star player is hurt, for the very quickest of milliseconds, but dude, don't say that out loud.

This story hasn't really made the big press, probably because of it being a college player. There's also video of Allen making the "throat slash" gesture after the hit. Ref didn't see it but that's a 15 yard penalty.

Oh well. That game was the most amazing event I've ever attended. Honestly, as big of a Canes fan as I am (grad from '94), I can say that the quality of the game almost overshadows the loss. The big sour taste I have in my mouth is truly from 99.999% of the OSU fans I met and heard from there. The guy next to me was 40-something Buck fan who called Clarrett every name in the book (and some I don't think have even been put in the book yet) for having a not so great game. I know, it's sports, but come on. You're a middle-aged man yelling at a 19 year old in the most vulgar way I've ever heard. For some reason, hearing it made me sick- not because I am a Maurice Clarett fan, but because he's a student athlete doing his job (very well, I might add against the Canes) and doesn't deserve that even though he never heard a word from section 244 where we were sitting.

The Buck fans also seem to think that OSU killed Miami. Come on. I truly do congratulate OSU for their play. I knew they could do it- I think most everyone knew that 13 points was a crazy spread. But there are so many factors to their victory, I appreciated the .001% of the fans that came up to me and my friends after the game and said, "Man. What a game. Good game guys." and shook our hands. (of course they were wasted though!).

I didn't want to wear my Canes hat the day after in Phoenix but then I changed my mind. I'm still proud to be a Cane and proud of the team this year.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but come on, it's JUST FOOTBALL!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link, believe what you want 06 I've not heard that until it was post on this site. maz13 as a buckeye fan believe me I don't thing we killed you I don't know how anybody could say that when a game goes double overtime, and you should wear your canes hat proudly the are a heck of a team and I thing they will probably be favored to win the champinship again next year

Originally posted by HofCityFan
Thanks for the link, believe what you want 06 I've not heard that until it was post on this site. maz13 as a buckeye fan believe me I don't thing we killed you I don't know how anybody could say that when a game goes double overtime, and you should wear your canes hat proudly the are a heck of a team and I thing they will probably be favored to win the champinship again next year

Yeah, but OSU has a whole lot more guys coming back than we do!!! See, I knew there were cool Buck fans out there- guess it helps that we both are Fin Fans!!!

OSU is going to lose something like 13 seniors off that team....I'm not sure if they were all starters or not but, that's going to be alot of leadership to replace.......Miami will just reload.

I think that's the biggest reason why this loss didn't bother me so much.......I look forward to seeing Miami in the same position next year.......and the year after that ........and the year after that.........and the year after that...........

Back
Top Bottom