Greg Schiano proposed a rule change to eliminate kickoffs. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greg Schiano proposed a rule change to eliminate kickoffs.

No way!! Would totally change the game for the worse. This player safety hooplah is getting out of hand.

Once a team scores, they would get the ball back at their own 30. It would be 4th and 15, and they would have option to either try to get the 1st down, or punt it away to the other team.

Surely it'd make more sense for the team that gave up the score to start at their own 20.

I wouldn't be surprised to see kickoffs eliminated some day.

If this rule is proposed and passed they better make the superbowl best out of 3 games -_-

Interesting. Not saying I like it, but its interesting to say the least. So if a team is down by 10, they get a TD, instead of hoping for an onside kick, they would just have to convert a 4th and 15 and get a new set of downs.

This is the part I don't like. The chances of recovering an onside was probably about even throughout the league, with this rule the team that has Tom Brady will have an enormous advantage in recovering the ball after a score over a lot of teams. Remember when we had Pennington? It was basically a guaranteed punt coming up if we had a 3rd and 10.

A team like the Patriots against a defense like ours could easily come back from 21 down with 4 or 5 minutes left. If they are going to do this I think the ball should still have to come off somebodies foot after a score.

This is stupid, some of the most electric game changes plays come from kick offs. Without kicks offs theres no way we win that MFN against the Jets. Or no way the Saints get momemtum on their side during the onside kick in the SB

Punt returns can be pretty electrifying too.

If they ever decide to play this way, I think it would be safe to say that there will be other teams joining the dolphins in perfectville.

I have an idea. If they are that worried about player safety they should IMPROVE THE ****ING EQUIPMENT and *gasp* teach people how to tackle so they aren't lunging in with their heads like they do now. We already know majority of players don't use the latest gear. If it gets any worse I don't see how anyone could watch football.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

This is the part I don't like. The chances of recovering an onside was probably about even throughout the league, with this rule the team that has Tom Brady will have an enormous advantage in recovering the ball after a score over a lot of teams. Remember when we had Pennington? It was basically a guaranteed punt coming up if we had a 3rd and 10.

A team like the Patriots against a defense like ours could easily come back from 21 down with 4 or 5 minutes left. If they are going to do this I think the ball should still have to come off somebodies foot after a score.

Apparently they did a "calculations" and the % was just about even with onside recovers and 4th and 15 success rate. Its' still stupid as ****.

Back
Top Bottom