Griese struggling to hold #2 spot in Tampa Bay? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Griese struggling to hold #2 spot in Tampa Bay?

ZOD said:
It's amazing that as most of us watch AJ Feeley learn an offense and cut him some slack during the learning curve.

This is Brian Griese's third offense in three years. I'm not saying that to totally excuse him from his performance but .........Wow :rolleyes:

Exactly.

juniorseau55 said:
Did you know that many quarterbacks that aren't even talked about own such stats. Don't tell me Simms was one of the best of all time, you are joking me. I watched him all of his career and the Super Bowls that he played in, why don't you think that he hasn't made the hall of fame? First of all, why is he even been consider into the Hall Of Fame where Legends such as Fran Tarkenton, Montana, Unitas, Marino(next year), can't even put him in that list. Might as well bring Broadway joe in.
I love the way people try to misrepresent what you say... :shakeno:

Where exactly did I say Simms was the best of all time??

You said this...
Were you alive to watch that Superbowl? Everone knows the Giants defense was a monster. Remember Lawrence Taylor? Without that defense i doubt Simms would have done much

I answered with this...
Phil Simms, N.Y. Giants vs. Denver, XXI (22-25...88%)

Highest EVER completion percentage.

That's without the defense.

All I was talking about was the SUPER BOWL.....

Funny...last year at a game I had the chance to speak to Hank Goldberg...the guy I went to the game with noted that Brian is the spitting image of his father...and Goldberg replied..yeah, until he picks up a football.

Griese...

its too bad that he cant hold a job or even put up a worthy fight. I think his Miami tenure put his confidence at an all-time low.

:roflmao: I've said it before and I'll say it again, Griese doesn't have the heart to play football. Guy has no desire to play and just does it because he's been doing it since he was little. If he had the heart his father had we would've never seen him in Miami, as Denver would never have booted him.

This report on Griese is misguided and not factual. Yes, Simms is performing very well in Gruden's offense (btw, I think Simms would not be successful in the Dolphins O - as Gruden's is more focused on short to midrange passes).

But, John Clayton has reported just Saturday that the Bucs are VERY happy with Brian Griese's play as the #2 guy, so far.

It is the classic case of hearing good things about one guy and elevating him - though nothing bad has been said about another.

I thought Griese was terrible for us, but he may fit decently into TB's system. The fact is, systems and coaching make a difference for certain players.

Da 'Fins said:
This report on Griese is misguided and not factual. Yes, Simms is performing very well in Gruden's offense (btw, I think Simms would not be successful in the Dolphins O - as Gruden's is more focused on short to midrange passes).

But, John Clayton has reported just Saturday that the Bucs are VERY happy with Brian Griese's play as the #2 guy, so far.

It is the classic case of hearing good things about one guy and elevating him - though nothing bad has been said about another.

I thought Griese was terrible for us, but he may fit decently into TB's system. The fact is, systems and coaching make a difference for certain players.

Exactly. Just look at Ricky Williams in NO compared to him here in MIA.

Back
Top Bottom